Sir John Hall's comment in today's Sun.

Cronky

Looks like everyone has teflon shoulders sydrome.

Some c*** has to take responsibility.

f***ing COWARDS.

Ashley has taken it, to be fair no one would of known how bad Ashley has been, but I doubt even Ashley did. I think it has a lot to do with inexperience and putting clueless people in charge, it all seemed to be going well with Mort.

Did he mention the part about how his son thought SBR was going to relegate us?

Robson was losing the plot....some of the subs he made were comical.

Enjoy the championship.

It'll be a long long time before we get anywhere near where Bobby had us  :jesuswept:

"And I can't recollect ANY fans calling for Keegan's return."

going senile are you.  There was loads.

Must be catching, I can't remember anyone (seriously) clammering for KK.

Guest toonlass

"And I can't recollect ANY fans calling for Keegan's return."

going senile are you.  There was loads.

Must be catching, I can't remember anyone (seriously) clammering for KK.

I am pretty sure that the KK return took the majority by surprise tbh.

Guest Mani

Mostly fair comments, but he backed Keegan when he was appointed so he's using hindsight saying that was a mistake. And I can't recollect ANY fans calling for Keegan's return. He wasn't even in the betting.

Ashley employed Sir John Hall as the president of the club so what was he suppose to say?  "oh no this is a sh1t appointment quick sack him before he gets a second day in office".

Mostly fair comments, but he backed Keegan when he was appointed so he's using hindsight saying that was a mistake. And I can't recollect ANY fans calling for Keegan's return. He wasn't even in the betting.

Ashley employed Sir John Hall as the president of the club so what was he suppose to say?  "oh no this is a sh1t appointment quick sack him before he gets a second day in office".

Did He ???

Guest Phil K

Enjoy the championship.

It'll be a long long time before we get anywhere near where Bobby had us  :jesuswept:

Let's not kid ourselves about Sir Bob.

SBR was absolutely fantastic, and he should have been moved upstairs to assist a new YOUNG up and coming manager.

Instead he was sacked and....for God's sake....Souness, who had taken Blackburn to the the brink of relegation was brought in.

I put this as the start of our tumble down to the Chumpionship. OK remove Bob, but DON'T sack him. Good YOUNG manager, not expired-sell-by-date manager.

But Bob WAS losing it towards the end. Forgetting conveniently the baffling substitutions and incapable of handling the young turds like Dyer Jenas and Bellamy doesn't erase it, you know.

Guest Mani

Did He ???

Yeah he did, SJH is the president of the club, he has this role for his past glory and relations with the club.  He's basically just the head cheerleader for nufc but without any real power.

Guest Mani

Enjoy the championship.

SBR was absolutely fantastic, and he should have been moved upstairs to assist a new YOUNG up and coming manager.

Instead he was sacked and....for God's sake....Souness, who had taken Blackburn to the the brink of relegation was brought in.

I put this as the start of our tumble down to the Chumpionship. OK remove Bob, but DON'T sack him. Good YOUNG manager, not expired-sell-by-date manager.

But Bob WAS losing it towards the end. Forgetting conveniently the baffling substitutions and incapable of handling the young turds like Dyer Jenas and Bellamy doesn't erase it, you know.

yep i agree, he was losing it and we should have just let him go a season before his last.

Enjoy the championship.

I don't get you.

You agree that sacking SBR was the start of our decline yet you still defend the decision?

Many many years from now when you're an old man and we manage consecutive top 5 finishes again will you still be defending it?

BTW FWIW IMO the decline started when SBR was starved of funds during his last 18 months and publicly undermined by the club.