Do we really have 15 players earning more than 50k a week?

Tsunami

Guest Phil K

I personally can't see us having 15 players on more than 50K a week, I might be wrong though.

Our powers-that-be-but-shouldn't-be really ARE that stupid, though.

I find it harder to believe theres people surprised at there being 15 players on 50k, than there actually being 15.

How many are worth a GRAND a week ?

NONE.

OK - we don't know for sure who gets what, and unless the Sun has had access to the players contracts (unlikely) neither do they.

They're more likely to know than we are

The Telegraph and their expose about MP's expenses fraud says that.

OK - we don't know for sure who gets what, and unless the Sun has had access to the players contracts (unlikely) neither do they.

They're more likely to know than we are

The Telegraph and their expose about MP's expenses fraud says that.

That would mean that there's a high level mole at SJP leaking confidential info to the Sun  :kasper:

Owen - 105k

Coloccini - 60k

Cacapa - 50k

Barton - 65k

Martins - ?

Duff - 60k

Smith - 60k

Jonas - ?

Geremi - 60k

Those are the only ones I can think of that are likely to be on more than 50k, there are a few others who might be approaching that.  There's easily 15 players earning over 25k

Which ever you cut it; it is shambolic and cuts across owners and managers. I can't think of another club that would have given contracts of more than a year to Geremi or Cacapa given their weekly wage/ age. Such decisions have no doubt cost us over the passed couple of seasons when it has come to getting new players in and the budget available. We couldn't give away such players if we wanted to and have simply invited them to see out their "top flight" careers here and then have a season or two in some joke league.

Guest optimistic nit

No.

And how do you know, pray tell ?

because the lst in the op probably contains the 16 top earners and the idea some of those are one 50K a week is fucking reddiculous

Nolan Taylor Enrique Beye and Guthrie cant be on anything like that much. i'd be very suprised if Jonas and Cacapa were either.

ZOMG, some of the idiots on here love to swallow every line they're fed.

The Telegraph 'report' is a joke, see the section about Nacho Gonzalez...they reckon 40k pw for a player who we have on loan, yet we're going to offload him on loan. :rolleyes:

Owen & Viduka = 200k pw or 10.4m per season

That cost is removed from our wage bill as of June 30th.

Cacapa, Geremi, Barton, Colocinni, Smith, Duff and maybe Nolan are anywhere near & above 50k

Ameobi on 40k...I don't think so. Ashley & the club have just become an easy target for journalists, don't believe their lies.

I didn't read this from the Telegraph. We picked up Geremi and Cacapa on frees; they'll be on 50k plus and Geremi still has a year left!!!

I'm not so sure about cacapa, he was sitting on the scrap heap in france when we signed him, not too many others were interested. I think 30k is more reasonable for him. It's still 30k too much of course.

Personally I think the actally figure is 12 on plus 50k:

Owen

Viduka

Duff

Geremi

Barton

Jonas

Colocinni

Beye

Smith

Nolan

Martins

Butt

The following I think are on between 25 - 50K

Harper

S Taylor

R Taylor

Guthrie

Cacapa

Shola

Enrique

Lowenkrands

The following are probably on sub 25k:

Bassong

Carroll

Lua Lua

Krul

Say it is fact that we have no relegation clauses, did this translate onto the pitch with the pathetic final day performance/nail in coffin? Sure they are poor players, but if faced with the possibility of picking up 50% less pay next month - maybe would have eeked out an extra sense of urgency? I just get the feeling that with the ammount of mercenaries we had on the pitch, Money talks.

Hopefully if and when we do come back it is as a leaner and more forward looking club

Say it is fact that we have no relegation clauses, did this translate onto the pitch with the pathetic final day performance/nail in coffin? Sure they are poor players, but if faced with the possibility of picking up 50% less pay next month - maybe would have eeked out an extra sense of urgency? I just get the feeling that with the ammount of mercenaries we had on the pitch, Money talks.

Hopefully if and when we do come back it is as a leaner and more forward looking club

Like I've said before I doubt that even we are that stupid to no include relegation clauses. They certainly did not play like they had any desire to save the club from going down, some though know that they won't be playing for us next season anyway and will still be picking up top flight wages some place else.

I wouldn't have thought so, until I actually looked through the squad and tried putting a wage to each player.  I tried to go slightly overboard on each players wage and still ended up nearly £10 million short of our total wage bill.  I mean I'm sure some of that will be for none playing staff, however that won't cover much of the difference.

I wouldn't have thought so, until I actually looked through the squad and tried putting a wage to each player.  I tried to go slightly overboard on each players wage and still ended up nearly £10 million short of our total wage bill.  I mean I'm sure some of that will be for none playing staff, however that won't cover much of the difference.

Bonuses & appearance fees.

Personally I think the actally figure is 12 on plus 50k:

Owen

Viduka

Duff

Geremi

Barton

Jonas

Colocinni

Beye

Smith

Nolan

Martins

Butt

The following I think are on between 25 - 50K

Harper

S Taylor

R Taylor

Guthrie

Cacapa

Shola

Enrique

Lowenkrands

The following are probably on sub 25k:

Bassong

Carroll

Lua Lua

Krul

It's pretty much as above IMO! Shearer's on a huge wage as well but he's not in the playing staff anymore. Hard to believe it's 15 players but if any in the groups below can make it over 50K a week it's Enrique and Cacapa. There are like 27 players who are more or less first teamers and I guess they make 75% of the whole budget at the least. I'd be happy to ditch every single player from the above 50K group except Oba and Beye...