NUSC obtain trust status

binnsy

Might have trust status, but it is going to have to earn my trust if it wants me to sign up.

Off the top of my head, I can think of are that idiot accusing the club of ruining Bobby Robson day, that countdown clock, and that childish interrogation of Llambias where you published loads of off the record stuff.

There are clearly some decent reasonable people at NUSC or at least you come across that way, but we've seen it all before and there have been two many gaffes/idiots talking in the name of NUSC for me to want to be someone represented by them.

I'll give them a clean slate for next season, but I wont join until I'm convinced that problems have been sorted out.

By the way, NUSC should seriuosly consider removing those photos from the new website, I'd imagine they would be excluding colour-blind people from NUSC.

You what? :lol:

Way to devalue your own opinion.

Might have trust status, but it is going to have to earn my trust if it wants me to sign up.

Off the top of my head, I can think of are that idiot accusing the club of ruining Bobby Robson day, that countdown clock, and that childish interrogation of Llambias where you published loads of off the record stuff.

There are clearly some decent reasonable people at NUSC or at least you come across that way, but we've seen it all before and there have been two many gaffes/idiots talking in the name of NUSC for me to want to be someone represented by them.

I'll give them a clean slate for next season, but I wont join until I'm convinced that problems have been sorted out.

And you've voiced these criticisms directly to the NUSC, yes?  ???

And you've voiced these criticisms directly to the NUSC, yes?  ???

I was under the impression that NUSC are reading this site:

i dont rate them but a good move imo

Out of interest, what reasons?

And besides, you don't email the Conservative Party because they don't agree with your views do you?

This is pretty much the same thing, if you like it join, if you dont like it don't join, I was just giving my reasons for not wanting to join, it doesn't really matter if they read it or not.

And besides, you don't email the Conservative Party because they don't agree with your views do you?

This is pretty much the same thing, if you like it join, if you dont like it don't join, I was just giving my reasons for not wanting to join, it doesn't really matter if they read it or not.

You might if you were a Tory. You are a Newcastle fan. Shit analogy.

It does tbh. The NUSC have made several attempts to meet with their 'detractors' in an effort to iron out any misconceptions and address any issues and you've not said boo to a goose. Suddenly, once they've gained trust status, you've chosen to have a little pop. Just a little snide imo.

You might if you were a Tory. You are a Newcastle fan. Shit analogy.

It will never be a group for all Newcastle fans. There are always going to be different schools of thoughts, and right now based on the evidence in front of me NUSC is not for me.

It is a lobby group. I might join Oxfam for example if I want to add my number behind a voice for charitable aid for the developing world, but I don't want to add my number to what I've seen of NUSC so far. It is not up to me to say what NUSC should or should not be lobbying for, but it is up to me as to whether I want to add my number to this lobby group, and I am perfectly entitled to express my reasons for doing so or not doing so in the public domain.

Guest fading star

You might if you were a Tory. You are a Newcastle fan. s*** analogy.

James is only making an observation, and it’s a valid one if true. Why should he contact NUSC instead of posting on here?

James is only making an observation, and it’s a valid one if true. Why should he contact NUSC instead of posting on here?

No obligation to do anything, but I don't understand why it would be better to do it this way. NUSC are easily contactable and (as far as I can tell) actively seeking to include the view of as many fans as possible. Why not try and make it better?

No obligation to do anything, but I don't understand why it would be better to do it this way. NUSC are easily contactable and (as far as I can tell) actively seeking to include the view of as many fans as possible. Why not try and make it better?

Bingo.  :thup:

They shouldn't be looking to include everyone in my opinion, you are never going to please all fans, they are better off just sticking to their guns and letting people make their own minds up as to whether they want to be represented or not.

Guest fading star

It does tbh. The NUSC have made several attempts to meet with their 'detractors' in an effort to iron out any misconceptions and address any issues and you've not said boo to a goose. Suddenly, once they've gained trust status, you've chosen to have a little pop. Just a little snide imo.

This is post about NUSC and I’ve sensed no malice in James comments.  Perhaps he’s got a point, accessibility is a big issue in website design and the nusc site isn’t the easiest thing on the eye.

This is post about NUSC and I’ve sensed no malice in James comments.  Perhaps he’s got a point, accessibility is a big issue in website design and the nusc site isn’t the easiest thing on the eye.

Which makes it a bit baffling when he moans on here (hoping peasepud reads it), rather than to the NUSC directly...

Fading Star is correct, there was no malice in any of my initial posts, perhaps I've got overly-defensive at some aggressive replies for which I apologise, but all I ever intended was some constructive criticism.

PS any genuine attempt to contact any detractors never made it out as far as me, so I don't think that is a particularly valid argument.

That's bollocks and you fucking know it is.

PS any genuine attempt to contact any detractors never made it out as far as me, so I don't think that is a particularly valid argument.

Post the link then, I haven't seen anything ???

Post the link then, I haven't seen anything ???

I'll pm you it.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It will never be a group for all Newcastle fans. There are always going to be different schools of thoughts, and right now based on the evidence in front of me NUSC is not for me.

It is a lobby group. I might join Oxfam for example if I want to add my number behind a voice for charitable aid for the developing world, but I don't want to add my number to what I've seen of NUSC so far. It is not up to me to say what NUSC should or should not be lobbying for, but it is up to me as to whether I want to add my number to this lobby group, and I am perfectly entitled to express my reasons for doing so or not doing so in the public domain.

To be fair like, I think James has a real valid point.

I've only been around on the forum for a few days, but if anyone says they don't like the NUSC they get jumped on straight away, or a post is produced that basically say they have uneducated views and don't know what they're talking about. Seems a bit off for a supporter's trust, that it'll apparently turn on Newcastle fans that haven't signed up.

To be fair like, I think James has a real valid point.

I've only been around on the forum for a few days, but if anyone says they don't like the NUSC they get jumped on straight away, or a post is produced that basically say they have uneducated views and don't know what they're talking about. Seems a bit off for a supporter's trust, that it'll apparently turn on Newcastle fans that haven't signed up.

tbh I think you must be mixing this up with a different forum because I've never seen any examples matching that on here. If anything I class this forum as coming across as fairly anti-NUSC, its not the case that everyone is that way but it has given some of the more "out to the left" comments in the past. Its the internet, thats what its for but Im not sure where you could have got that impression from.

Its definitely not coming from me, I understand that membership of a group is an individuals right and decision and neither I or anyone else on the committee would ever have a go at anyone for not being a member of the group.

What I do have a problem with is unsubstantiated rumours and hearsay being given out by people when it comes to the NUSC. What Midds is referring to is the fact we've attempted to get people from the main forums together and discuss this, put forward our views and plans and let them ask questions directly, something that hasnt really been taken up very well. To be fair to one member who did reply they appear happy to hear what weve got to say and will at some stage come along and have a chat. Thats all we ask.

I dont have a problem with what James has said other than nothing is backed up by fact, hes having a go at the countdown clock, fair enough you didnt like it but it still turned out to be true. Many on here at the time made that out to be some kind of ultimatum  by us, something along the lines of "you now have x days and y hours to sort it or else". That is not what it was, it was merely graphically pointing out how long was left for the board to sort out our season by bringing in the players we needed. They didnt do that and we all know what happened next.

As for the Llambias interview, I have to admit to not understanding how any Newcastle fan could have a problem with us disclosing things that were said and done by our Managing Director and showing the interview to be different to what was said by the local papers. History has since proven a number of the things said by him to be false, promises made to not being kept etc. All things that you, me and everyone else would not know were incorrect if we hadnt published them. We didnt go into that meeting and agree to keep it quiet, there was nothing said there which included a confidentiality clause. We did what any supporters group would and should do, took the facts and presented them to the fans.

No group, can ever claim to be a voice of all the fans, its impossible, no matter what there will always be differing views. What the NUSC does though is legitimise the concensus of fans opinion and give them an opportunity to voice it. The NUSC now has good links within the football club, even the current regime have used us as a sounding board and worked with us to try and sort problems out. That will follow on further and deeper with any new owners, people within the football club are already planning on getting the NUSC further involved with the club.

If anything, our problem is that we dont shout enough about our achievements and what we are doing. We work at it quietly and that is probably a bad thing when it comes to how we are perceived. Arguably, the best two atmospheres seen at the ground this season were down to us working with the club and the Chronicle to organise things that would raise the levels via the Al-together now campaign. Okay so it didnt acheive the aim of keeping us up but it did raise the bar at the games involved, trouble is the football club became complacent after the Boro game and thought it didnt need to keep it going for Fulham, big mistake which could well have cost us survival.

As for the website, any comments on that are more than gratefully received by me, if someone has a problem with something then I need to know about it otherwise how can I sort it? On all of the test browsers Ive used there is no black on black as there is a semi-opaque white background behind the text, if thats not coming through on your browser then I need to know the details so I can do something about it. If its too opaque then I can reduce it and make it clearer, again, so far the bulk of comments have been positive and those that have had problems Ive worked on changing. For instance, for a lot of people the twitter updates on the site were causing too big a delay in loading so Ive removed them.

I definitely though do not see NUSC as a lobby group but even if we were, what is the problem with that? if theres a problem at the club and the fans arent happy shouldnt someone be lobbying for it to be changed?

The simple fact of life is that the NUSC started off at a difficult time because many people wanted to protest, it wasnt a dozen of us saying lets protest, there was a public meeting and 250 people turned up, were vocal and said this is what they wanted. Thats how we started however after a short period of time a number of us realised this wasnt the way forward, that the club had been put up for sale and there was nothing we could or should do to influence that. We then took the SC forward to mould it into a proper Supporter Club, one that does the things fans want, organise events, help local charities, defend the fans when they get stick and provide a facility for those fans who suffer problems with the club to make their voices heard. As we did with the stewarding problems in Level 7, fans were, at times being randomly plucked out of the crowd and in some cases physically assaulted by heavy handed stewards, we took that up with the club and worked with them to cut the problem out.

Problem is, all some people see is the early stuff, in some cases, things that werent even anything to do with us, the "Cockney Mafia out" banner for instance, nothing to do with the NUSC, the owner wasnt even a member but we took the stick for that and it was used by people to beat us with. 

So after a whole load of rambling above the simple fact is that the NUSC is not a protest group (it is however a group that would be willing to protest should the need arise), its not some dodgy scam for us to make money, its not a vehicle for us to get ourselves on telly and make out we're something we're not. Its simply a group that is there to raise the profile of Newcastle fans, a group that can and will provide help to fans who have problems. A group that will organise little things such as sending flowers from all Newcastle fans to the funerals of ex players or laying a wreath from Newcastle fans at Anfield to honour the Hillsborough dead.

And the final point is, if you have any doubts on that then come along to a roadshow, theyre not political rallies or anything, theyre a chance for fans like yourseles to get together with members of the committee and have a chat, hear our plans, talk to ex players and media people (such as John Gibson, Mick Lowes) and have a few beers, a daft quiz and some entertainment. More importantly its a chance to ask those burning questions and get honest answers back in person in front of witnesses.