Ideas to remember Sir Bobby at first home match?

Guest michaelfoster

Guest thebigfella

for the reading game we should play the whole version on local hero with the guitar solo at the start then when it kicks in the whole croud should klap the till the end of the song would be fitting for the man a true local hero

as for the tournament i think that is an amazing idea week long tournament involving ever team he coached

for the reading game we should play the whole version on local hero with the guitar solo at the start then when it kicks in the whole croud should klap the till the end of the song would be fitting for the man a true local hero

as for the tournament i think that is an amazing idea week long tournament involving ever team he coached

Even better get Mark Knopfler on the pitch and do it , it will be hard to fight the tears back.

Guest thebigfella

I bought 3 tickets on Saturday night on line and was gutted at how many were left 1st home game since the great man left us we can't have any empty seats in that ground!! They are not cheap I paid £75 for two adults and a child but the point is we need to fill the ground and do something special for bobby.......

Should sing "Theres only one Bobby Robson" for one minute, followed by a minutes applause.

I was thinking this the other day. I thought that if all the Newcastle fans started chanting that during a minutes silence, I'm pretty certain the WBA fans would join in.

Should sing "Theres only one Bobby Robson" for one minute, followed by a minutes applause.

I was thinking this the other day. I thought that if all the Newcastle fans started chanting that during a minutes silence, I'm pretty certain the WBA fans would join in.

This doesn't actually concern WBA as that's our first game, away and not home

I don't feel SBR would have wanted anything more than a completely sold-out SJP, getting 100% behind the team and generating an electric atmosphere.

Such was his extraordinary selflessness.

Guest Geordiesned

I've been in contact recently with the lady who deals with the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation at the Freeman Hospital as I'm raising money for the foundation running the Great North Run this year. I'll email her later and put forward the suggestion of the shirt sponsorship.

Good stuff Sned. :thup:

I've had a reply back thanking me for the suggestion. They are going to keep all of the ideas that have been put forward and show them to the Robson family when the time is right so that they can make a decision of what they would like to happen.