Aussie Mags

Disco

I am in Byron bay area for the WBA game and in Sydney for the Reading match on the fifteenth. Is there anywhere ppl meet up to watch the match in these areas or know of anywhere that will show the match. Any help much appreciated

Guest diddimz

If your in Byron, check out the Great Northern Hotel, its a nice spot there, as is the Brunswick Hotel, about 15 minutes away as well. Or half an hour up the coast at Tweed Heads on the border is Twin Towns which normally shows the games.

In Sydney check out Landsdowne Hotel, its not far from central, normally shows most games, has good priced drinks, and has $5 meals as well.Regularly has live music as well.

If your in Byron, check out the Great Northern Hotel, its a nice spot there, as is the Brunswick Hotel, about 15 minutes away as well. Or half an hour up the coast at Tweed Heads on the border is Twin Towns which normally shows the games.

In Sydney check out Landsdowne Hotel, its not far from central, normally shows most games, has good priced drinks, and has $5 meals as well.Regularly has live music as well.

northern,brunswick,tweed....any link here ?

You should get yourself to Newcastle in Australia, there's a Morpeth about the same distance north as it is in the UK, it also has areas such as Jesmond, Wallsend and Wickham and Gateshead, mixed in with Islington, Hamilton and Hillsborough.

As to pubs in Sydney, I know some folks go down to Cheers on George Street, full of Manc scum celebrating last time I was in there.

May give the Landsdowne a go though as I only live round the corner, looks like a canny pub if your an old punk rocker.

Keep an eyeball here: http://www.aussiemags.net/forum/

Guest diddimz

You should get yourself to Newcastle in Australia, there's a Morpeth about the same distance north as it is in the UK, it also has areas such as Jesmond, Wallsend and Wickham and Gateshead, mixed in with Islington, Hamilton and Hillsborough.

As to pubs in Sydney, I know some folks go down to Cheers on George Street, full of Manc scum celebrating last time I was in there.

May give the Landsdowne a go though as I only live round the corner, looks like a canny pub if your an old punk rocker.

Keep an eyeball here: http://www.aussiemags.net/forum/

Thats why i never bothered with Cheers, to often people were trying to start something there.

Landsdowne is great, one of the best venues in sydney that plays punk and oi. Definately check it out.

I wish I could watch it live but I have to settle for recording it. It's unfortunate that it is on at a god-awful time, really challenging my sleep schedule if I was to watch it.

The real challenge when I wake up though is to be able to hold off checking the result before watching the match.  :undecided:

Will be watching it in Perth at 12.30 on one of Dave's not allowed to mention channels on the computer.

Will be soon moving into the new house and Foxtel is on it's way.

The only matches I'll struggle with are the 8pm KO's.

First time in 20 years I haven't renewed my ST, not missing it one bit.