12-15 football focus

womblemaster

I have to say like, Im not his biggest fan, but watching Sven on Football Focus now, really makes me wish he was our manager tbh.

I still don't get why everyone's going mental for him at Notts County, he's not even the manager and they haven't exactly splashed the cash.

I think it's just because it's such an unusual appointment, given that he managed so many big clubs and England not so long ago.  Also there's the general (justified) cynicism towards whether DoFs work in this country.  It's just an unusual situation - I got the impression with Notts County's manager there it'll all end in tears.

I wouldn't have minded Sven when he expressed an interest before Allardyce came in and I said so at the time. He went to Man City, got out his contacts book and got them into Europe. He may have had a somewhat uninspiring turn of the year in that season but he still got them into europe and this is a team that looked absolutely knackered after the 2006/2007 season.

He is considered a cheque book manager, but is contacts throughout the world of football will mean that Notts County are bound to get some good unheard of players that should be able to walk the likes of League 2. Time will tell I guess.

I wouldn't have minded Sven when he expressed an interest before Allardyce came in and I said so at the time. He went to Man City, got out his contacts book and got them into Europe. He may have had a somewhat uninspiring turn of the year in that season but he still got them into europe and this is a team that looked absolutely knackered after the 2006/2007 season.

He is considered a cheque book manager, but is contacts throughout the world of football will mean that Notts County are bound to get some good unheard of players that should be able to walk the likes of League 2. Time will tell I guess.

He got them into Europe via the Fair Play league though, not sure how much credit he can take for that.

Guest Roger Kint

I have to say like, Im not his biggest fan, but watching Sven on Football Focus now, really makes me wish he was our manager tbh.

I still don't get why everyone's going mental for him at Notts County, he's not even the manager and they haven't exactly splashed the cash.

They cant splash the cash, League 2 has a salary cap so anyone commanding a fair fee would be out of reach really. Still brought in loads of players though, got some decent strikers who will score a lot in that league

Guest Duffer

here's a link to an article summing up what shearer said on football focus

seems to me the key words were "if everythings right"

does that mean money or total control over playing side ?

link to Shearer interview