Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

No they're right, long may he continue ripping into the club and our new players :thup:

No chance this will be picked up by the media or anything like that, as long as Ashley is one of those who reads it it's all good :thup:

Never agreed with that btw. Started this argument before he made that Tweet.

and now that he has started attacking our players, what do you think of his tweets?

Wish he still played for us. Love the thought of Obertan setting up all our goals this year. FML

How many goals did Barton set up and weren't most of them from free kicks which presumably others (Cabaye) can take from now on?

No they're right, long may he continue ripping into the club and our new players :thup:

No chance this will be picked up by the media or anything like that, as long as Ashley is one of those who reads it it's all good :thup:

Never agreed with that btw. Started this argument before he made that Tweet.

and now that he has started attacking our players, what do you think of his tweets?

Didnt see any "attacking" in his recent tweets. Just facts.

Some of that £59m covers a fair chunk of the £25m or whatever we spent on this bloke in fees & wages for 8 months work anyway. Nice.

Already buying into the "count all wages into the transfer budget" thing. Nice.

Guest Brazilianbob

Joey Barton is perfectly entitled to voice his opinion, the last time I looked there was freedom of the press in this country and as such Joey is perfectly entitled to air his opinions as long as they are not libalous or slanderous..  In my view I believe he is the most qualified of all of us to comment on the actions of Ashley and Llambias because he knows them.  We just have opinions formed from what we read in the press and their actions (or should that be their inaction). 

Some of that £59m covers a fair chunk of the £25m or whatever we spent on this bloke in fees & wages for 8 months work anyway. Nice.

Already buying into the "count all wages into the transfer budget" thing. Nice.

You obviously bought into the 'all £35m will be reinvested thing', so what's the difference?

Both were said by the club.

More caps than Barton, Nolan, Carroll and Jose put together and he's not even 21.

I dont see anything wrong with what Barton says about Santon. It's what everyone here is thinking or should be thinking instead of expecting him to be amazing straight away.

"selling their assets and replacing with cheaper gambles. Santon?? 16 games since 2008, in a poor Italian league, hardly proven PL"

Guest sicko2ndbest

I don't see what Barton has said wrong at all

We are all delusional fools. He is asset stripping from under our noses and yet we still have hope

Absolutely spot on imo

We are all delusional fools. He is asset stripping from under our noses and yet we still have hope

Absolutely spot on imo

If he was asset stripping, a lot more than two 29 year old has-beens and a left-back (who left for at least half of his value) would have been sold.

Guest Gemmill

In fact he's made more Champions League, top flight and international games in 3 years than Joey. :lol:

And yet Barton's point still stands, no matter how much you try to play top trumps.

Absolutely spot on imo

Then why don't you follow him down south and cheer him on every week?

Alternatively, do something about it!

Guest Gemmill

Absolutely spot on imo

If he was asset stripping, a lot more than two 29 year old has-beens and a left-back (who left for at least half of his value) would have been sold.

Do the words Andy and Carroll mean anything to you?

Absolutely spot on imo

:facepalm:

Absolutely spot on imo

We sold a guy for twice what he's worth, stop the press.

Arsenal are clearly asset-stripping too. So are Birmingham and Everton and hell, even Liverpool are asset-stripping.

Players get sold, it's a fact of life. It's not asset-stripping.

Absolutely spot on imo

TBH unfortunately I think your pretty much spot on there...

Guest Gemmill

Fucking hell lads, have you heard of reinvesting? I should have known better than to come on here and try and talk to the Ashley apologists.

How is Carroll not the exact epitome of asset stripping? :lol:

Sold him for 35m in January, broke even in this window.

Barton, Nolan and Enrique's wages must be pretty close to the Ba, Marveaux, Cabaye, Santon and Tiote's raise as well.

Still, let's facepalm everything. We'll seem smart then!!

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Nice to see MA and DL come through with their promise to reinvest AC money, 59m net profit from transfers in last 5 seasons.....ambition???

Joey. :lol:

He's quite right :(

Yeah, nothing wrong with what he said, certainly less bullshit than AP spouts out.