Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

That implies that the current squad are somehow taking the p (sorry i can't post that as i'm at work) out of the fans. Sorry, but there hasn't been a newcastle side in recent memory who have "taken the p" less!

It implies absolutely nothing of the sort, it SAYS he despises everything they stand for and for that reason he can't lie to himself.

He says the club are doing so well despite MA and DL because the players and manager are doing so well (i.e. not taking the piss)  :idiot2:

The lengths some people will go to, to defend these clowns running our club is truly unbelievable, seeing stuff that isn't there, making stuff up or ignoring it when the same thing actually should be said against Llambias (I'm talking the Speed reference here which was thrown at Barton somehow) I think someone said the other week that it was some kind of defense mechanism, it beggars belief.

He's intelligent, articulate and worth listening to when interviewed, doesn't strike me as a liar, he knows his faults and he's actively trying to make himself a better person, Llambias on the other hand is a disgusting human being and is despised to a man by everyone at SJP from what I hear.

I know which side of the story I'd believe and it's clear as day who's talking shit (empty threats), getting into a war or words (when claiming not too) and using Gary Speed to curry favour in a appalling manner.

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Dont listen to Radio 1 but hearing Moyles has been giving me a bit. Does he really want to do this? Whats with these people? #helmets

2 minutes ago

I could think of nothing more vomit inducing than those two argueing with eachother.

Why is Llambias trying to use the death of Gary Speed to his advantage? Revolting.

I really don't think that's what he's doing, that's incredibly harsh. I don't like him either, but that's going too far.

I just don't understand why he has brought the death of Gary Speed into the row with Barton. Completely unecessary.

Being as cynical as I am towards Llambias, I can only assume it's to get some kind of moral high ground over Barton.

Guest Roger Kint

Why is Llambias trying to use the death of Gary Speed to his advantage? Revolting.

I really don't think that's what he's doing, that's incredibly harsh. I don't like him either, but that's going too far.

I just don't understand why he has brought the death of Gary Speed into the row with Barton. Completely unecessary. Being as cynical as I am towards Llambias, I'm assuming it's to get some kind of moral high ground over Barton.

Aye should have took a leaf from St Barton who has completely avoided the subject with such respect and tact.........

Guest Roger Kint

The lengths some people will go to, to defend these clowns running our club is truly unbelievable, seeing stuff that isn't there, making stuff up or ignoring it

How ironic.......

That implies that the current squad are somehow taking the p (sorry i can't post that as i'm at work) out of the fans. Sorry, but there hasn't been a newcastle side in recent memory who have "taken the p" less!

It implies absolutely nothing of the sort, it SAYS he despises everything they stand for and for that reason he can't lie to himself.

He says the club are doing so well despite MA and DL because the players and manager are doing so well (i.e. not taking the piss)  :idiot2:

The lengths some people will go to, to defend these clowns running our club is truly unbelievable, seeing stuff that isn't there, making stuff up or ignoring it when the same thing actually should be said against Llambias (I'm talking the Speed reference here which was thrown at Barton somehow) I think someone said the other week that it was some kind of defense mechanism, it beggars belief.

He's intelligent, articulate and worth listening to when interviewed, doesn't strike me as a liar, he knows his faults and he's actively trying to make himself a better person, Llambias on the other hand is a disgusting human being and is despised to a man by everyone at SJP from what I hear.

I know which side of the story I'd believe and it's clear as day who's talking shit (empty threats), getting into a war or words (when claiming not too) and using Gary Speed to curry favour in a appalling manner.

:clap:

The lengths some people will go to, to defend these clowns running our club is truly unbelievable, seeing stuff that isn't there, making stuff up or ignoring it

How ironic.......

You mean like Alanis Morisette's song ironic, that contained no irony?

Feel free to give me an example of what you think is ironic and I can kill two birds with one stone, ready when you are.

Guest Roger Kint

How ironic.......

Feel free to give me an example of what you think is ironic and I can kill two birds with one stone, ready when you are.

Not surprisingly you are confused. Maybe some proof of these 'people' you refer to would have been a start as i have seen nobody setting out to defend the two wankers running this club. I see some people mature enough to understand  the difference between acknowledging a rare correct decision and defending them but surely you arent stupid enough to think they are one and the same? Its also ironic that this thread has people blindly agreeing with Bartons bullshit as its a chance to shit on the aforementioned clowns. Hello Colocho

This whole defence of Barton based on him being on some sort of "becoming a better person" mission doesn't wash with me. I have always thought he was a good footballer, and some of the twitter stiff was at first quite funny.  But as a character, if you look at his track record, the very best you could say about him is that he's an attention seeeking, psychotic egomaniac. He had his ego bruised here and can't stand it.

As for Llambias every time he makes some public pronouncement it seems to me to be oozing with cynicism and venom. I can't believe that isn't a true reflection of his character. I think he and Barton are both pretty reprehensible tbh although at least Barton is good at his job.

Guest Roger Kint

This whole defence of Barton based on him being on some sort of "becoming a better person" mission doesn't wash with me. I have always thought he was a good footballer, and some of the twitter stiff was at first quite funny.  But as a character, if you look at his track record, the very best you could say about him is that he's an attention seeeking, psychotic egomaniac. He had his ego bruised here and can't stand it.

As for Llambias every time he makes some public pronouncement it seems to me to be oozing with cynicism and venom. I can't believe that isn't a true reflection of his character. I think he and Barton are both pretty reprehensible tbh although at least Barton is good at his job.

Imo true on both counts. At the risk of some idiot misreading this i think Llambias didnt do too much wrong in saying what he did. Barton was begging for a reaction and no doubt some on here would have slagged him for keeping quiet too.

How ironic.......

Not surprisingly you are confused. Maybe some proof of these 'people' you refer to would have been a start as i have seen nobody setting out to defend the two wankers running this club. I see some people mature enough to understand  the difference between acknowledging a rare correct decision and defending them but surely you arent stupid enough to think they are one and the same? Its also ironic that this thread has people blindly agreeing with Bartons bullshit as its a chance to s*** on the aforementioned clowns. Hello Colocho

So no irony and no example, glad we sorted that out.

I do believe Barton as it goes, but that's not really the point, the point is he did an interview and he answered questions put to him, isn't that what we want them to do when they're interviewed? Or should we all completely change our opinion on this matter like we did Barton and start wishing they all give cliched answers that give nothing away like Michael Owen?

If I think people are boring or I'm not interested in what they have to say, I don't follow them on twitter or discuss every word they say.

Guest Roger Kint

How ironic.......

Not surprisingly you are confused. Maybe some proof of these 'people' you refer to would have been a start as i have seen nobody setting out to defend the two wankers running this club. I see some people mature enough to understand  the difference between acknowledging a rare correct decision and defending them but surely you arent stupid enough to think they are one and the same? Its also ironic that this thread has people blindly agreeing with Bartons bullshit as its a chance to s*** on the aforementioned clowns. Hello Colocho

Didnt read the rest as you clearly didnt read mine, try again

Llambias maybe didn't say too much wrong. But neither did Barton tbh (his views on suicide on the day of Gary's death aside), I cannot really see why people have to valliantly defend one or the other (which is happening whether yous are meaning it or not).

If he'd have tweeted this stuff a day after the stadium was renamed we'd all be lapping it up.

What and who is defending Barton of anything based on him being a better person? This place is like a mental institution at times.

I'm guessing this is your interpretation of what I wrote?

Guest Roger Kint

Llambias maybe didn't say too much wrong. But neither did Barton tbh (his views on suicide on the day of Gary's death aside), I cannot really see why people have to valliantly defend one or the other (which is happening whether yous are meaning it or not).

If he'd have tweeted this stuff a day after the stadium was renamed we'd all be lapping it up.

Not sure who is defending anyone, one prick brings up more stuff to make himself sound better forcing another prick to respond. Valiantly indeed :D

How ironic.......

Didnt read the rest as you clearly didnt read mine, try again

Apology accepted.