Green Army

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Phil K

They included us because I suppose we are the "biggest" name in the division, and Plymouth are at the other end of the country. And to be fair to Whitehouse, he can hardly be accused of sniping at geordies as so many of them do.

Didn't you hear?

He said he had to pay 5x more than he does in Russia!

I couldn't help but hear, he moaned about it enough. I'm sure he got a lot of sympathy from the ordinary fans considering he is paid probably 3 times their annual average salary a week (before tax). Maybe his management should have noticed what he would be taxed before signing the contract.

They included us because I suppose we are the "biggest" name in the division, and Plymouth are at the other end of the country. And to be fair to Whitehouse, he can hardly be accused of sniping at geordies as so many of them do.

Well it depends on how you view those sketches on the 'Harry & Paul' BBC show when the posh Southern people have a Geordie (played by Paul Whitehouse) as a pet/source of amusement.

As someone from Devon I find it a bit annoying that they assume we all talk like that. Not everyone here lives on a farm and rides a horse and cart to work.

It sounds more of a hybrid Bristol accent.  Also nobody calls each other a janner!