Keegan's Latest Return To Football

Skirge

If Keegan really cared about this club, he'd have come back for nothing and used his potential wages to buy players tbh.

Shearer or Robson didn't work for free, they don't like the club either then?

Keegan is the most sucessful manager in the clubs history in terms of win%...perhaps his doubters prefer to watch us lose? its very odd.

not at all,just some could see when the magic began to wear off. much as it did with clough at forest, reid at the mackems to a leeser extent, robson here.

or feguson at Manchester United,

in a nutshell for you.

clough at forest is the perfect rejoinder.

i'm soory if you didn't see a massivly different keegan second time round. many did.

of course i saw a difference, i also saw a bloke with more experience, and saw us draw 1-1 at old trafford, thanks to Ashley+ wise  were not even allowed there this season.

There's the answer. Let's bring in Steve Coppell, guarenteed to take us up and back into the top four.

Keegan is the most sucessful manager in the clubs history in terms of win%...perhaps his doubters prefer to watch us lose? its very odd.

not at all,just some could see when the magic began to wear off. much as it did with clough at forest, reid at the mackems to a leeser extent, robson here.

in a nutshell for you.

i'm soory if you didn't see a massivly different keegan second time round. many did.

of course i saw a difference, i also saw a bloke with more experience, and saw us draw 1-1 at old trafford, thanks to Ashley+ wise  were not even allowed there this season.

jeez man..kinneaer got us a draw at stamford bridge.

until we know what went i'll not back keegan in what he done but i will balance out those who take him as being unable to do wrong.

as i've posted many times before. had wise been the manager and keegan DoF and the what many believe (without a single shred of evidence) most would still blindly back keegan. personality not evidence is dictating what many think.

The one negative thing i will say is that i think he could have handled it differently in the end instead of giving up and leaving.

He could have communicated his position easily with the fans if he wanted to & let them know how hard Ashley was making it. He could have done whatever he wanted and not feared repercussions atall if he was prepared to leave the job. Why not push it as far as he could ?

That way the fans would have protested just the same to let keegan get more control & Ashley would have seen popular opinion of how flawed his system was...the same opinion which made him desperately try to get Keegan back after he walked in the end. Then Keegan would have had just what he wanted...an owner more likely to back him & more control over it all. If he didnt get that...once again just communicate it to the fans. He was in control of how that situation went down, not Ashley. He chose to walk & say nothing.

in a nutshell for you.

until we know what went i'll not back keegan in what he done but i will balance out those who take him as being unable to do wrong.

as i've posted many times before. had wise been the manager and keegan DoF and the what many believe (without a single shred of evidence) most would still blindly back keegan. personality not evidence is dictating what many think.

my evidence of two promotions, and finishes of 1st, 3rd, 6th, 2nd 2nd, win ratio 55%- dictate what i think.

in a nutshell for you.

my evidence of two promotions, and finishes of 1st, 3rd, 6th, 2nd 2nd, win ratio 55%- dictate what i think.

do you think he'd stick round if told "we don't have the cash to do what you want" ?

bearing in mind that was one of the main reasons he fucked off in the first place.

i've often stated he was a better coach than even he himself gave himself credit for.

Kevin Keegan, 31st August:

"That's it Mike. Bassong, Colloccini, Guthrie, Jonas, Diatta, Ranger and Xisco I can take, but Gonzalez? That's it, I'm out. I can take you buying 7 players over my head, but 8? It's suddenly made me realise I don't like this agreement with Dennis"

Guest The Libertine

"That's it Mike. Bassong, Colloccini, Guthrie, Jonas, Diatta, Ranger and Xisco I can take, but Gonzalez? That's it, I'm out. I can take you buying 7 players over my head, but 8? It's suddenly made me realise I don't like this agreement with Dennis"

indeed. the straw that broke that fragile spine was a player joining on loan as cover.

indeed. the straw that broke that fragile spine was a player joining on loan as cover.

Eh  :lol:  You don't think it was to do with the fact that the window was closing?  It's got nothing to do with the amount of players.  Keegan wouldn't have left if Gonzalez had come in a week for the end of the window as he would've still had hope of getting some fullbacks.

Some of the arguments on here.  :facepalm:

Fools, they no not what they say.

Fools, they believe everything is not Kevin Keegans fault

What have you got against Keegan anyway? He left the club at the start of the season.  So did Curbishley.  The difference is that West Ham didn't employ a dinosaur on a temp contract.

It seems like you're being contrary for the sake of it.

What have you got against Keegan anyway? He left the club at the start of the season.  So did Curbishley.  The difference is that West Ham didn't employ a dinosaur on a temp contract.

It seems like you're being contrary for the sake of it.

I'll post it again:

The man is an absolute legend and has achieved more at this football club than some Newcastle managers can only dream of, doesn't mean I'm gonna roll over and hail the 'Messiah' because he abandoned us. He made mistakes, we all do. It's wrong to ignore his mistakes because of what he achieved.

Aye, I've got some sort of vicious vendetta against Keegan like.

well if we get taken over and he is re-appointed as i expect, and we get a class attacking team together again,. they will look a right bunch of twats.

hows that ?

we didn't have the money to provide what he wanted,he walked.

why couldn't he cut his cloth like the every other manager has to ?

well if we get taken over and he is re-appointed as i expect, and we get a class attacking team together again,. they will look a right bunch of twats.

hows that ?

how,-- gratuitous indulging in Keegan bashing, then  he returns , we are good,= they are twats.

come on you understand this.

Well said mate.

The Keegan-bashing by some of our support boils my piss.

:lol:

Are you actually capable of putting a response together without calling those that disagree with you? I'm grown up, I don't call someone a 'mong' just because they disagree with me.

The man is an absolute legend and has achieved more at this football club than some Newcastle managers can only dream of, doesn't mean I'm gonna roll over and hail the 'Messiah' because he abandoned us. He made mistakes, we all do. It's wrong to ignore his mistakes because of what he achieved.

Oh, and for the record, I was gutted when Robson left and I haven't jumped on the Ranger band wagon so that blows that theory straight out the water. Nice try.

Exactly. What a disgrace I am, how dare I slag Keegan off saying something like that?

I think he's refering to the genuine & smug piss-taking of him.

hows that ?

how,-- gratuitous indulging in Keegan bashing, then  he returns , we are good,= they are twats.

come on you understand this.

it doesn't matter who the person is i'll slag them off when they do something to be slagged off for and applaud accordingly when they deserve it.

i'll not defend someone to the hilt without evidence especially if i know they have previous.