what's the biggest problem with the team right now?

Guest Invicta_Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roeder can improve players ability?

Erm... yeah? :?

Prime example: N'Zogbia. Has an unbelievable season last season, now needs a good manager and coach to bring him on, and bump him to the next level of playing ability. He can't do it all by himself because he is a young man. Milner is another example. And Taylor. And Ramage. And Martins, etc.

Look at Arsene Wenger - the 18-year-olds he has in his squad will all develop into brilliant players. Just like Taylor and Ramage and Zoggy would do under him, because he is a brilliant coach.

Roeder's a bad manager, so our players won't improve very much under him.

QIA

I have lost count of the number of people who I have talked to who seem to think that players are 100% responsible for all thier improvement and that the coaching has no effect on thier game. They think they are 'professional footballers' so they should automatically know everything about the game, positioning tactics ect.

Personally feel we should try and bring in a skill coach like spurs have, would do wonders with the likes of Emre, Parker, Milner and the Zog.

By looks of it on the pitch may be worth bringing in an actual coach !

Looking at Villa last season under O'Leary and basically the same players this season under O'Neill, you would have to say the change of manager is the sole reason for the improvement.

Looking at the scenario at SJP, maybe a change of manager would be the solution.

I think the biggest problem at the moment is mentality, to be more specific, attacking/defending mentality. For example, we usually don't play good football for more than 45 mins of a match, we don't push for a goal nor defend for a long period of time, just drifting even when we have to ability to score, we let it go and try to take a more safer approach.

Somtimes when we should go for the second goal or atleast keep to our game, we try to hold a one nil win for 70 minutes and let the opposition take control of the game, and yet sometimes when we really should get more people in defence, we pour them into attack and get countered.

Going for a one nil win or a late goal grabbing strategy is definately frustrating, we need to react to different situations more quickly and know when we should apply more attacking pressure, when to ease it off, and when to put numbers in defence, once we get this down I think we'll win games.

Roeder seems to have good/decent player management as we saw last year, so I didn't want to blame him, however this attacking/defending mentality problem that I think is our achilles heel (though this is ironic as we have many weaknesses not just one) I think that this problem can only be blamed onto the manager. So I do blame Roeder.

IMHO its the manager, as we have no formation or style. I think Millner is a good prospect, and I like him as a player, but he should be made to practice how to cross a ball, hes got the rest. He should be put with Nobby or Emre and shown how to do it from a dead ball and on the run. He will then be able to get past the first defender on corners, if he cannot do this then don't take corners, it embarrassing. Also why not give Luque a chance to play in his correct position which is LEFT WINGER, lets be honest DUFF isn't pulling up any trees in that position, and how many goals has he scored compared to ALBERT? Give Luque a start in his correct position for a few games and get some value for him!

Why was Amiobi even put through the Man city game? He was clearly injured and even when fit is not good enough, to me that smacks of desperation from a doomed manager.