Is boycotting ultimately the only way to force Ashley out eventually?

Guest neesy111

Guest toonlass

Don't get why so many people think a boycott wouldn't work. Done properly, he'd have to sell up.

We're getting attendances over 40,000 every week, this is massive for a Championship club. You take away 20,000 or 30,000 of those fans and it'll hurt the club and it'll hurt the man who has to finance it. You do this week in, week out, and the pressure builds. He's got to put his own money in to fund it, and knows that if the club accumulates too much debt the asking price will have to come down. This of course hits him where it hurts. Debt put onto the club is money that'll come off his asking price, it affects him directly. He'll have the dilemma, sell up now or keep financing a club with tiny gate receipts. Potential buyers like Moat would use this opportunity and come in with an offer that'll tempt him to end this mess.

He's complacent because he's getting massive crowds.

I don't believe it would ever happen unless we go on a pretty bad run which saw us drop to midtable, and if that happened he'd be thinking of selling up anyway. While we're top of the league, everything will stay as is because noone wants to rock the boat. A quick look at the league table and our performances shows that could all change very quickly.

The problem with that is that the majority of these gate receipts have already been recieved by Ashley for this year in the form of season tickets, and some for next year too. If these supporters boycotted the games the only people they are hurting are themselves by not getting the matches they have already paid for.

Guest Roger Kint

Agree Blef, such a boycott would have to be long term anyway and for the record considering the debt(better known as the overdraft with Barclays) actually stays with the club so reducing the asking price because this debt increases is self defeating for any new buyer unless they have the backup to be able to secure a huge overdraft. Moat was only able to guarantee a certain amount, this action would prevent anyone without substantial funds from buying us.

That brings up the small problem of if these people exist why havent they come in earlier? ???

Don't get why so many people think a boycott wouldn't work. Done properly, he'd have to sell up.

We're getting attendances over 40,000 every week, this is massive for a Championship club. You take away 20,000 or 30,000 of those fans and it'll hurt the club and it'll hurt the man who has to finance it. You do this week in, week out, and the pressure builds. He's got to put his own money in to fund it, and knows that if the club accumulates too much debt the asking price will have to come down. This of course hits him where it hurts. Debt put onto the club is money that'll come off his asking price, it affects him directly. He'll have the dilemma, sell up now or keep financing a club with tiny gate receipts. Potential buyers like Moat would use this opportunity and come in with an offer that'll tempt him to end this mess.

He's complacent because he's getting massive crowds.

I don't believe it would ever happen unless we go on a pretty bad run which saw us drop to midtable, and if that happened he'd be thinking of selling up anyway. While we're top of the league, everything will stay as is because noone wants to rock the boat. A quick look at the league table and our performances shows that could all change very quickly.

The problem with that is that the majority of these gate receipts have already been recieved by Ashley for this year in the form of season tickets, and some for next year too. If these supporters boycotted the games the only people they are hurting are themselves by not getting the matches they have already paid for.

To be honest it's probably just over half which have been paid for 20k season ticket holders, 5k away fans.

Agree Blef, such a boycott would have to be long term anyway and for the record considering the debt(better known as the overdraft with Barclays) actually stays with the club so reducing the asking price because this debt increases is self defeating for any new buyer unless they have the backup to be able to secure a huge overdraft. Moat was only able to guarantee a certain amount, this action would prevent anyone without substantial funds from buying us.

That brings up the small problem of if these people exist why havent they come in earlier? ???

They have, they offered what they thought was a fair price £60m upfront and £20m at the end of the season. Seems fair enough to me.

Guest cinside

Since no-one else seems to want our club apart from us, and the current owner seems intent on destroying both us and the club, it is time to force his hand. It is time for NUST to organise a supporters strike, until we get control of the club or at least new ownership with NUST having a minimum 25% share.

Pickets at every at every SDirect shop in Newcastle, pickets at the training ground, pickets at every away match and a 40,000 strong picket at home games.

Of course this will be painful and destructive to NUFC in the short term - but it will give us hope for the future and restore our pride. If we take no direct action, the future looks like hell.

Since no-one else seems to want our club apart from us, and the current owner seems intent on destroying both us and the club, it is time to force his hand. It is time for NUST to organise a supporters strike, until we get control of the club or at least new ownership with NUST having a minimum 25% share.

Pickets at every at every SDirect shop in Newcastle, pickets at the training ground, pickets at every away match and a 40,000 strong picket at home games.

Of course this will be painful and destructive to NUFC in the short term - but it will give us hope for the future and restore our pride. If we take no direct action, the future looks like hell.

Nice thoughts but far to much to ever happen. I can't see NUST raising anywhere near enough money to get a share in a club and it should be forced upon a new owner. If they want a share they have to pay simple as. if NUST believe the pledges really are worth £20m can someone please tell me why they havn't got in touch with Moat who apparently already has £60m available now and said here's £20m we want 25% and you can now afford the club ? Simply because pledges are worth nothing.

Guest Roger Kint

They have, they offered what they thought was a fair price £60m upfront and £20m at the end of the season. Seems fair enough to me.

And then what? They didnt have the cast to keep us running til the end of the year so how would they cover any costs til then? Sell our better players? What happens in the summer when that £20m is to be paid wiping out any new shirt deals, sponsorships etc? Who is to buy the new players then? What if they chose to rebrand SJP? What if we dont go up, how could they afford to keep us running in this league?

So many questions with very few answers suggests it was hardly a fair offer in truth.

And then what? They didnt have the cast to keep us running til the end of the year so how would they cover any costs til then? Sell our better players? What happens in the summer when that £20m is to be paid wiping out any new shirt deals, sponsorships etc? Who is to buy the new players then? What if they chose to rebrand SJP? What if we dont go up, how could they afford to keep us running in this league?

So many questions with very few answers suggests it was hardly a fair offer in truth.

So if someone offered £80m then those questions would be answered ? I don't see your logic ?

Guest Roger Kint

So if someone offered £80m then those questions would be answered ? I don't see your logic ?

Of course you dont see my logic, you arent thinking thats why. I never said if someone offered £80m everything would be fine, i said the fact Moat couldnt even do that showed he wouldnt be able to do a proper job as owner when it comes to running the club. Try and understand(yes i know its patronising but i tried without using crayons and its over your head) that if you cant afford to run it over and above the asking price then its never going to work out.

Of course you dont see my logic, you arent thinking thats why. I never said if someone offered £80m everything would be fine, i said the fact Moat couldnt even do that showed he wouldnt be able to do a proper job as owner when it comes to running the club. Try and understand(yes i know its patronising but i tried without using crayons and its over your head) that if you cant afford to run it over and above the asking price then its never going to work out.

What the fuck does it matter to Ashley whether or not they can afford to run it?

You asked why people haven't made offers, when they have.

Guest toonlass

What the fuck does it matter to Ashley whether or not they can afford to run it?

So say Ashley had sold it to mort, who couldn't afford the day to day costs. How would we be better off?

So say Ashley had sold it to mort, who couldn't afford the day to day costs. How would we be better off?

No idea, but that wasn't the question.

Guest toonlass

It doesn't really matter to Ashley whether someone can afford to run Newcastle.

However I don't think Mort was ever really in a position to be able to buy and afford to run the club.

If Ashley was as desperate to sell as people say, he wouldn't wait until we're back in the Premier League.

Fact is, he's despisable c*** who wants to drain as much money as he can out of Newcastle United, while destroying everything the club stands for at the same time. Because he's bitter, because it didn't work how he wanted it to. He wants revenge.

That doesn't make sense though, he isn't making any money from NUFC, or 'draining anything out'... he's losing millions.

By draining money, I meant from his asking price.

Guest Roger Kint

What the f*** does it matter to Ashley whether or not they can afford to run it?

The question wasnt anything to do with whats best for Ashley either but it didnt stop you bringing it up. I dont care what a good fucking offer is for Ashley, i only care whats a good offer for NUFC and us which means somebody who can afford to run us properly.

Guest Roger Kint

You asked why nobody had made a fair offer. Phil was just saying that they have.

Ok i will repeat this again the fair offer was in relation to us the club. How is it fair if the bloke is struggling to buy us let alone the huge costs of running us? Didnt you read the post you replied to?

I read the bit where you were a patronising wanker.

Tut tut, Dave. Not suggesting you should ban yourself for a day or two, the forum would suffer for your loss,  :cheesy: but I know some who have been permanently banned for less.

I agree with you by the way.  :snod:

Guest Roger Kint

I read the bit where you were a patronising w*****.

How nice personal abuse because you failed to read a post and decided to act arsey instead, i admitted it was patronising due to the person in question not trying to have a debate.

Apologies for that, I just saw you questioning Moat's ability to run the club based on him being unwilling to pay the cash up front but IMO (and Phil's too it seems) the questions about being able to run the club well would still be there had he or anyone else done so.

It's up to Ashley as to why we're still here unsold; he didn't like the terms being offered to him. I disagree that those terms paint Moat in a bad light.