Is boycotting ultimately the only way to force Ashley out eventually?

Guest neesy111

That's a massive assumption to make about my motives based on bugger all. I want to do something proactive because the tried and tested method of sitting on our hands and singing the occasional anti-Ashley song still saw us get relegated.

Ashley will not keep hold of the club regardless of what the fans think or do because we can hit him in the pocket. Gate receipts still make up a huge amount of income - we're probably generating around £1 million a game including bait and beer. If there was to be a significant drop of in attendance then you can guarentee he'd reevaluate his position, especially when you take into consideration his position financially.

It was based on the idea that we'd be doing things that were unlikely to effect the players. If you think thats unlikely to effect the players you're a madman.

You do realise the importance of this season?

Guest neesy111

It was based on the idea that we'd be doing things that were unlikely to effect the players. If you think thats unlikely to effect the players you're a madman.

do you realise, our future could be at stake with this man?

We need to atleast protest and put more pressure on Ashley & co.

There's too much apathy towards the whole situation when we're basically getting screwed over so overall he's getting it way too comfortable.

Shambles.

What form do you envision this protest taking? Why would Ashley take anymore notice of a protest now when it has done fuck all in the past?

We've had one and he 'put the club on the market' 24 hours later. Hardly a track record of epic fails.

Perversly the best way to get rid of Ashley is for us to get promoted this season. If we don't we will be stuck with him indefinitely.

If we get promoted he'll double or even treble his asking price, we'll have another summer in complete limbo and we'll get relegated with him still as owner

Guest WashyGeordie

Perversly the best way to get rid of Ashley is for us to get promoted this season. If we don't we will be stuck with him indefinitely.

If we get promoted he'll double or even treble his asking price, we'll have another summer in complete limbo and we'll get relegated with him still as owner

And then he'll be "committed as ever" again.  :undecided:

do you realise, our future could be at stake with this man?

Even if we got him out months from now, if we do not get promoted this season it wont matter a large amount. This is the best chance at promotion that we will get. We will lose the majority of players that currently have us challenging if we dont achieve it, our name is not the reason we are top of the league right now. I put the importance of this season over that of getting him out at this point, i think he'll be looking to go soon anyway. Even if we got promoted & then relegated, we'd be in a better position than not getting promoted atall. I dont see anything being worth potentially damaging this season.

Agree 100% and for me there are something’s more important than what happens on the field! This club means too much to too many people to let Ashley walk all over us! Let’s have pride in ourselves as a set of fans and say enough is enough!

I've said it before I'd take admin and relegation to get rid of this bloke! It's just a drip drip drip story of bad news off the field! I'd love for him to go and to get back to talking about the football again and at the end of the day I'm not that bothered what league we would be in for that to happen!

One other thing as an outsider has anything really changed by his announcement? Still the status quo as far as I'm concerned in that he would still sell if he could or and I don't know what he has some other motive for keeping the club in perpetual turmoil!

Would send a hell of a message if the attendance for the next home game dropped to 20,000 ish

yes he'll think we are even more stupid than he already thinks we are, he'll be pissing his pants if the crowd drops to 20k when he's already got the ticket money in!  he's got the gate money already he'll not be bothered if there's just him and llambiar sitting there in the milburn with a couple of 1000 away fans in level 7.

Would send a hell of a message if the attendance for the next home game dropped to 20,000 ish

yes he'll think we are even more stupid than he already thinks we are, he'll be pissing his pants if the crowd drops to 20k when he's already got the ticket money in!  he's got the gate money already he'll not be bothered if there's just him and llambiar sitting there in the milburn with a couple of 1000 away fans in level 7.

I was figuring the season ticket holders would turn up anyway, meant more the people who are buying their tickets game by game

Guest Roger Kint

What woull hurt him tho would be a drop in the pay on the day ticket buyers.

Depends what the income is from them. Out of the 44k on Saturday how many were season tickets/away fans/corporate areas? If we went 15k as pay on the door: Taking into account concessions maybe £200k a match plus whatever crap they eat/drink inside? Its probably going to take a long term plan on those figures for him to panic, the huge danger in the meantime is he sells Taylor/Colo/Jonas to recoup any such loss even if such a boycott occurred.

Depends what the income is from them. Out of the 44k on Saturday how many were season tickets/away fans/corporate areas? If we went 15k as pay on the door: Taking into account concessions maybe £200k a match plus whatever crap they eat/drink inside? Its probably going to take a long term plan on those figures for him to panic, the huge danger in the meantime is he sells Taylor/Colo/Jonas to recoup any such loss even if such a boycott occurred.

Luckily I think Taylor would tell Ashley where to stick it if they tried to sell him, he said as much in the summer. The other 2 would happily be out the door though.

It wasn't 44k season ticket holders in the stands on Saturday you do know that don't you ??? That and no food or drink sold on the day plus a mass protest outside, I somehow doubt he'll be sat their laughing

He may use it as an excuse but basically it would be bollocks he would have no need to sell them if the fans turned up. Sell the club maybe but not individual players.

It wasn't 44k season ticket holders in the stands on Saturday you do know that don't you ??? That and no food or drink sold on the day plus a mass protest outse, I somehow doubt he'll be sat their laughing

s

yes i do realise that it wasn't 44k season ticket holders,  taking away the 3k away fans,  of the 40k nufc fans there i don't think the pay on the gate match by match crowd is that big,  5-7k max.  I just can't see how stopping going to league games when the majority of the crowd have already paid for their tickets.

i fully back not buying food & drink etc.

Guest Roger Kint

He may use it as an excuse but basically it would be bollocks he would have no need to sell them if the fans turned up. Sell the club maybe but not individual players.

Well obviously he would use it as an excuse, the entire point of my post being that he would sell players should constant boycotts be maintained and replace them with cheap/loan players. Why would he sell the club on that basis if he still beleived we would go up and 'make him money'? You seriously think he would sell up based on a few games? It would have to be long term and wholesale come next summer to have any effect at all. Are people prepared to miss the rest of this season plus the start of next to see if he buckles? What if he still doesnt? Never go back?

It wasn't 44k season ticket holders in the stands on Saturday you do know that don't you ??? That and no food or drink sold on the day plus a mass protest outse, I somehow doubt he'll be sat their laughing

s

yes i do realise that it wasn't 44k season ticket holders,  taking away the 3k away fans,  of the 40k nufc fans there i don't think the pay on the gate match by match crowd is that big,  5-7k max.  I just can't see how stopping going to league games when the majority of the crowd have already paid for their tickets.

i fully back not buying food & drink etc.

We sold just over 25,000 season tickets didn't we? I'm sure the club or Ronny announced as much just before the start of the year? That's a fair whack that pay on the door.

I've been to every home game this season bar the Reading and Leicester matches and I don't have a season ticket (more to do with uncertainty over whether my weekends would be free rather than any boycott). I imagine there are a lot of people doing similar.

Boycotting is never going to end favourably for anybody. All that happens is lost income, less motivated players and get the rest of the country laughing at us even more.

Agree what has already been pointed out, the only time Ashley goes now is when we get promoted and all we can do now is support the players and management staff in achieving that goal.

Ashley wouldn't give 2 shits if only 20,000 fans turned up, as the second we are back as a premier league team our value skyrockets on a much greater scale than a few lost ticket sales.