Southgate Peddled.

Crumpy Gunt

Winning the league just got a whole lot harder

How? I don't think Strachan is that much of a step up from Southgate if I'm honest.

Idiot.

I'm not so sure either,  Strachan did ok at coventry I suppose but I could have won the Scottish title with Celtic at that time as rangers were shocking and O Neill had built a strong squad.  It was only when the players O Neill had brought in began to retire/leave that celtic because rubbish again.

What about at Southampton? He done class for them.

Long time ago, league was different then.  Those were the days when Frank Clarke was classed as a good manager.  Gullit did well in tose days as did Vialli - wouldn't happen now they'd get tactically destroyed as we found with Hughton alst season, tactial knowledge is the most important attribute for a manager now,  motivation was just as important back then.

How? I don't think Strachan is that much of a step up from Southgate if I'm honest.

Idiot.

I'm not so sure either,  Strachan did ok at coventry I suppose but I could have won the Scottish title with Celtic at that time as rangers were shocking and O Neill had built a strong squad.  It was only when the players O Neill had brought in began to retire/leave that celtic because rubbish again.

Long time ago, league was different then.  Those were the days when Frank Clarke was classed as a good manager.  Gullit did well in tose days as did Vialli - wouldn't happen now they'd get tactically destroyed as we found with Hughton alst season, tactial knowledge is the most important attribute for a manager now,  motivation was just as important back then.

Eh? He was manager of Coventry before he was at Southampton.

Idiot.

Doesnt make any difference, my point still stands.

Idiot.

How does it not make a difference? Especially when you don't even know the time period of which you are using as your point of reference. I wouldn't say tactical knowledge is the most important attribute for a manager now. Ferguson has never been what you would call a great tactician, yet he has dominated English football for almost 20 years now. I can't think of many managers in the Premiership who I would say that tactics are their most important attribute.

Idiot.

How does it not make a difference? Especially when you don't even know the time period of which you are using as your point of reference. I wouldn't say tactical knowledge is the most important attribute for a manager now. Ferguson has never been what you would call a great tactician, yet he has dominated English football for almost 20 years now. I can't think of many managers in the Premiership who I would say that tactics are their most important attribute.

He inherited a good side at coventry and southampton and started well but ended up doing crap same goes for celtic, he started well as he had a good squad, he then added to it and ballsed it up.  His tactics are shocking a la souness, you can see the players don't have a massive amount of instruction as how to play, he basically sends them out and tells them not to do anything fancy.

Idiot.

long time ago? it's only been 5 years!  :lol:

Idiot.

He inherited a good side at coventry and southampton and started well but ended up doing crap same goes for celtic, he started well as he had a good squad, he then added to it and ballsed it up.  His tactics are shocking a la souness, you can see the players don't have a massive amount of instruction as how to play, he basically sends them out and tells them not to do anything fancy.

Southampton were doing shite though when he took them over, then got them to an FA Cup Final and got them to Europe as a result of that. I'd say that was an outstanding achievement. Just look at what has happened to them since he left. I don't think he is anything spectacular, but not many are in this league, he'll be good for 'Burra I believe, I know for certain I'd rather have him than Hughton anyways.

Guest toonlass

A cheese pasty would have been a step up from Southgate man.

Is this cheese pasty still looking for work?

Sssshhhh. Ashley might hear ya.