Why are rugby people so sanctimonious/superior ?

Benwell Lad

I did, Graham Simmons & his inflammtory style are not cut out for post-match interviews. As for the Argentia post match he was attacking Johnson personally and singling out individual players, so of course  MJ is going to be fuming. If I was SKY I would have Simmons at every Man Utd game & when they lose send Simmons to do the post match stuff it would be TV GOLD.

Bollocks! If he can't take the heat he should fuck off!

England have been utter garbage under his leadership, having previously been one the world's best teams. He knows it, we know it and so does everyone else. If he doesn't like the criticism perhaps he should perform better at his job.

From what I can recall the question he was asked wasn't personal at all, just a run-of-the-mill question about England's performance. He was just in a chuff because he'd proven once again why he shouldn't be the coach of England

I did, Graham Simmons & his inflammtory style are not cut out for post-match interviews. As for the Argentia post match he was attacking Johnson personally and singling out individual players, so of course  MJ is going to be fuming. If I was SKY I would have Simmons at every Man Utd game & when they lose send Simmons to do the post match stuff it would be TV GOLD.

Bollocks! If he can't take the heat he should f*** off!

England have been utter garbage under his leadership, having previously been one the world's best teams. He knows it, we know it and so does everyone else. If he doesn't like the criticism perhaps he should perform better at his job.

From what I can recall the question he was asked wasn't personal at all, just a run-of-the-mill question about England's performance. He was just in a chuff because he'd proven once again why he shouldn't be the coach of England

I realise that last post made it sound like I care when, in fact, I couldn't give a toss. I'm just bored at work and I've just given up smoking so I have quite a lot of pent up rage. Nicorette anyone?

I had just typed my reply but then saw "I'm just bored at work and I've just given up smoking so I have quite a lot of pent up rage" so I cant be arsed to help you out. :)

I had just typed my reply but then saw "I'm just bored at work and I've just given up smoking so I have quite a lot of pent up rage" so I cant be arsed to help you out. :)

It's true though, he is shit at his job and shouldn't act like such a big baby when people point it out. Having said that i'm not bothered either way because I don't really follow rugby, especially when we're crap at it.

Interesting note regarding the history of my school (whose primary sport is Rugby and we still don't have a Football team), the person who (as a teacher) changed the school from a Football playing school to a Rugby playing school was none other than Sir Stanley Rous, who later went on to become president of FIFA. Interesting fact for you there, irrelevant to anything.

Interesting note regarding the history of my school (whose primary sport is Rugby and we still don't have a Football team), the person who (as a teacher) changed the school from a Football playing school to a Rugby playing school was none other than Sir Stanley Rous, who later went on to become president of FIFA. Interesting fact for you there, irrelevant to anything.

An amazing post there, GG. You could just as easily posted the words "I'm posh and superior and got to a very posh and superior school, unlike you northern scumbags" and had exactly the same effect.

An amazing post there, GG. You could just as easily posted the words "I'm posh and superior and got to a very posh and superior school, unlike you northern scumbags" and had exactly the same effect.

Except it's not a posh school at all, even if we do play sports with actual posh schools.

And if anything, it's representative of the value of Rugby, especially from someone who was football (in Rous).

Except it's not a posh school at all, even if we do play sports with actual posh schools.

And if anything, it's representative of the value of Rugby, especially from someone who was football (in Rous).

Looks posh on Wikipedia. Watford Boys Grammar School - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watford_Grammar_School_for_Boys

Is GG posh? There are cases for and against:

For:

- Southerner

- Listens to classical music

- Writes essays and shit for fun

- Vegetarian

- Watches loads of documentaries

- Prefect or something like that

Against:

- He has Phoenix Nights on DVD

- Eats loads of chips

- Talks to me quite often

- Sits in the terraces at Vicarage and not in the executive suite

- Has a pie (albiet a veggie one) at the match

It's a toughie, it really is.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Rugby players couldn't hack boxing

There are a few who have switched tbf, tends be Rugby League players in the main.

Rugby League V Rugby Union

Former Newcastle Falcon Inga the winger is one of the fighters:

That's not professional boxing.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Rugby players carry far too much muscle mass to be boxers, guys who are 5' 8" in rugby weigh up to 15 stone, it's an unnatural physique and they lumber round smashing each other about to make up for the lack of skill involved in the game. At least in American Football the athleticism and skill set is very impressive, and the game itself is more exciting.