Real Madrid weigh up bid for Fabricio Coloccini

Thespence

Guest sicko2ndbest

Rio is/was very quick, what a daft example. Terry and Vidic read the game very well, again what a stupid example.

I am saying Rio is quick, thats the way it reads.

Terry and Vidic do read the game extremely well, much better than Taylor, i agree, but my example was based on the premise that a quick centre half can help you if you are a bit short in that department

I disagree. I think Taylor's strengths are similar to Terry's (heading, keeping it simple, prefers playing against a bigger striker), and Coloccini's strengths are similar to Carvalho's (intelligence, reading of the game, technically sound)

I've said this for a while that Colo is more of as sweeper and he needs a more dominating centre half next to him so he can play that role. Taylor is nothing like that though. He thinks he is, but he's far from a dominating centre half. He's a bit of a tart in all honesty, yet he thinks he's hard.

NUT is spot on, Taylor tries to emulate JT to an eerily obvious extent, so much so that both players are famed for making more saves in the box than their keeper..!

As I said earlier in the thread, Taylor is ahead of where Terry was at his age...this is not to say that Taylor is going to be a better player than Terry has become, but just a gauge to highlight that even average young defenders can go on to become important parts of trophy-winning sides, especially if they are surrounded by quality players in midfield (i.e. Makelele)

Rio is/was very quick, what a daft example. Terry and Vidic read the game very well, again what a stupid example.

Terry and Vidic do read the game extremely well, much better than Taylor, i agree, but my example was based on the premise that a quick centre half can help you if you are a bit short in that department

Fair enough. But Terry and Vidic are masters of their craft. Taylor will never ever be anywhere near that level.

Fair enough. But Terry and Vidic are masters of their craft. Taylor will never ever be anywhere near that level.

Why can't Taylor emulate Terry? He's ahead of where JT was at the same age...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

At 24 Terry captained Chelsea to the premiership title man.

Fucking hell, I thought JT was a couple of years older (at least). I take back everything I said about Taylor with relation to JT.

Guest sicko2ndbest

f***ing hell, I thought JT was a couple of years older (at least). I take back everything I said about Taylor with relation to JT.

No Stu your right Taylor was still playing for the U21'S  last year so he must only be 21/22 now

f***ing hell, I thought JT was a couple of years older (at least). I take back everything I said about Taylor with relation to JT.

No Stu your right Taylor was still playing for the U21'S  last year so he must only be 21/22 now

Nah, you can play for the U21 team until the end of the tournament that begins in the year that you turn 21. For example, if the U21 Euro championships qualifiers start in the year you turn 21, you can keep playing right through to the final of the competition, when you could (in theory) be 23. See James Milner as a prime example.

Guest Chris P

well i remember being in  the champions league

Sorry like, but so do I, but I still don't get your point?

that your saying it's ok if he goes because we're newcastle and they're real madrid

who gives a f*** about real f***ing madrid

One of those 'if only.......' moments. When Given was gan to citeh, most on here said no-one should stop him from bettering himself (okay, Given isn't the most relevant of comparisons). To me, it is the same for Colo.  Real Madrid or Us? Hard choice  :facepalm:

Not for a Newcastle fan, you berk.

Aye man fuck off back to Madrid

Guest sicko2ndbest

f***er.

I remember a thread a couple of years ago with people asking why Milner and Tayls could pay in the U21 finals. Something to do with your age at the start of the qualifying campaign!

Most people wish he'd stay 23, that way they could excuse all of his errors.

I have to say, it's amusing how you excuse Coloccini's errors yet jump on Taylor's. I wouldn't say there was much between them, and as I said earlier I hope they can form a decent partnership should we keep both.

f***er.

I remember a thread a couple of years ago with people asking why Milner and Tayls could pay in the U21 finals. Something to do with your age at the start of the qualifying campaign!

Correct. The oldest players in our squad iirc were Lita & Reo-Coker.

Another over age player from that tournament is Maceo Rigters his decline has been startling. Currently at Blackburn available on a free, had a trial at Southend & they knocked him back. Ryan Babel has all this to come.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5458063,00.html

I have to say, it's amusing how you excuse Coloccini's errors yet jump on Taylor's. I wouldn't say there was much between them, and as I said earlier I hope they can form a decent partnership should we keep both.

Taylor had 5 years in the premiership man. Coloccini had 1 behind one of the worst midfields the division will ever see.

Taylor had 5 years in the premiership man. Coloccini had 1 behind one of the worst midfields the division will ever see.

Just proved my point, thanks.