Plymouth Argyle 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 02/01/10 - post bore reaction from p12

Dave

You absolutely slated Pancrate on his performance tonight and defended Butt, yet you have picked Pancrate ahead of Butt to start the next game. I don't really follow this line of thinking.

Pretty straight forward really. Butt's had one half-decent game but he's not good enough anymore on a consistent basis. I've seen enough of him to know that.

Pancrate I've seen for probably less than 90 minutes altogether, as Dave says I did point out the jury, for me at least, is still out on him. I won't write a player off after such a short time but Butt has had ample time to prove his ineptitude, something which he has achieved with aplomb.

Guest fraser

All of the negatives have been said; thought Kadar looked as good as he possibly could have, Coloccini was imperious. Pitch was crap and the ground a strange collection of the old stands, the new stands and a detached house. Nice people though, very friendly.

Was chatting to a family friend on skype tonight who lives in a devonshire village called Salcombe and her son and his wife went to the game. They are NUFC fans and the first time they have been to mPlymouth Argyles ground for 30 years. They reckoined we were absolutely crap and said we need a goalscorer. Obviously CH realises this too.

Guest optimistic nit

We're in the Championship, we can go all out for that fuck on next season when we're up. Last year I wanted us to win it and was gutted when we went out, and I will be next year if we're in the Premiership, but atm it just isn't the priority and might very well act as a hinderance to us going up this year, which could mean several more years down here. Surely you can see that?

what are you talking about? next season we should be in the premiership with a team that is almost certainly going to be weaker player for player than the one we got relegated with and we may well have chris hughton in charge whereas this season we are 8 points clear of 3rd and while we should on under no circumstances start to relax it surely this season is a better one to have a cup run than next season.

at the end of the day unless you are an established top 4 there is simply never a good season to have a cup run. it will always be seen as a distraction to what your league goal is be it CL qualification, Uefa cup qualification, staying in the division or promotion, there are very few teams in a position where finishing in either the top 6 or bottom 3 is impossible at this stage of the season.

I like the fa cup, i want us to do well in it and i agree completely with brummiemag. if we dont try in the cups then the unfortunate truth for toon fans is that the first half of this decade will be mainly focused in either staying in the premiership or getting promotion from the championship because the club is still in a mess and will be for the next few years. i'm not saying we can win it but a good cup run is a great way of giving the club a needed morale boost.

Poor game, and now an unwanted replay. I've seen 2 sides to the Plymouth fans this weekend. The ones we encountered in stations, on trains and away from the ground seemed very decent. Had a great journey back to London with some of the London branch of their supporters club for example. However, the muppets either side of our end, who resorted to singing Sunderland and who failed to sing any songs about their own side, choosing only to try and wind us up instead, were an embarrasment to their club. Those fans deserve a team scraping around the lower reaches of the game.

Whilst promotion is by far the priority, a good cup run puts us in the spotlight,(live tv etc), gives us the chance of one or two good away trips and maybe a chance to test ourselves against premier league opposition. If we have to field some young'uns then it's all experience for them too.

If clubs are going into it with the "why bother, we're not going to win it?" attitude, then maybe the time has come to scrap the cups, because realistically, only a handful of clubs stand to win it.

Guest toonlass

Poor game, and now an unwanted replay. I've seen 2 sides to the Plymouth fans this weekend. The ones we encountered in stations, on trains and away from the ground seemed very decent. Had a great journey back to London with some of the London branch of their supporters club for example. However, the muppets either side of our end, who resorted to singing Sunderland and who failed to sing any songs about their own side, choosing only to try and wind us up instead, were an embarrasment to their club. Those fans deserve a team scraping around the lower reaches of the game.

Whilst promotion is by far the priority, a good cup run puts us in the spotlight,(live tv etc), gives us the chance of one or two good away trips and maybe a chance to test ourselves against premier league opposition. If we have to field some young'uns then it's all experience for them too.

If clubs are going into it with the "why bother, we're not going to win it?" attitude, then maybe the time has come to scrap the cups, because realistically, only a handful of clubs stand to win it.

To be fair, we have our own set of numpty fans too.

Newcastle United's FA Cup Third Round replay against Plymouth Argyle is now confirmed as a 7.45pm  kickoff on Wednesday January 13th @ SJP.

Ticket details will follow - the game is not on live TV.