Had to post this...

Alberto2005

Betfair is a betting exchange.

Congratulations on stating the obvious dearest Ron, I presume there was a purpose to this post of yours?

I am quite tempted to have the odd flutter (this thread wasn't the inspiration). Anyone recommend a good betting site?

Sadly, I'm unable to see where someone is asking what Betfair is...?

Fake. Post from the thread starter:

Hi. Erm, I don't know what to say really.

I guess I'll start with the truth, this was meant as a joke between myself and a certain member (!) on FM-View, I wasn't about much yesterday - believe it or not students do have to work - but come on today to see 135,000 views on this thread, facebook pages, mentions on radio shows and emails from The Sun wanting my story. I am beginning to think I should have placed this bet, I'd be in profit with the donations as well... :tumbleweed:

Nah in all seriousness, I haven't lost or gained a penny, I haven't ever bet on the Africa Cup of Nations and don't wish to start now. The joke started on MSN with myself and another member when we saw it was 4-0 and I jokingly said about going all in on it, when it finished 4-4 I couldn't resist posting up that fake screenshot that was on the Betfair forums (also fake) about 20 minutes before I posted here.

Sorry people, but there's no big story here, just a joke that's spread like wildfire while I've been away. Seemingly killed the server too? Apologies admin. A donation fund, however much I'd appreciate it, won't be necessary, despite the kind words of some people. I'm sure you would've raised that £440 £44 I was desperately chasing with ease!

Must admit, this thread has some comedy replies though.

Fake. Post from the thread starter:

Hi. Erm, I don't know what to say really.

I guess I'll start with the truth, this was meant as a joke between myself and a certain member (!) on FM-View, I wasn't about much yesterday - believe it or not students do have to work - but come on today to see 135,000 views on this thread, facebook pages, mentions on radio shows and emails from The Sun wanting my story. I am beginning to think I should have placed this bet, I'd be in profit with the donations as well... :tumbleweed:

Nah in all seriousness, I haven't lost or gained a penny, I haven't ever bet on the Africa Cup of Nations and don't wish to start now. The joke started on MSN with myself and another member when we saw it was 4-0 and I jokingly said about going all in on it, when it finished 4-4 I couldn't resist posting up that fake screenshot that was on the Betfair forums (also fake) about 20 minutes before I posted here.

Sorry people, but there's no big story here, just a joke that's spread like wildfire while I've been away. Seemingly killed the server too? Apologies admin. A donation fund, however much I'd appreciate it, won't be necessary, despite the kind words of some people. I'm sure you would've raised that £440 £44 I was desperately chasing with ease!

Must admit, this thread has some comedy replies though.

Fucking idiot not cashing in on it, fake or not. If it's true The Sun wanted his story, which they probably didn't anyways since he's just a liar.