Holland vs England

Dave

Oh me lads; on the BBC the players are running the wrong way... !

lol; I haven't seen that often that two different broadcasts are made out of one match. Normally the host country makes the broadcast and other countries get the exact same images. (just like during tournaments like Euro2004 etc.)

At the major tournaments, such as the World Cup just gone, there is a restriction on broadcasters taking in their own cameras, so we take the host broadcaster's coverage and add in pictures from the couple of extra cameras we're allowed.

For a game like the one in Amsterdam, where we and Dutch TV will be the only broadcasters present on site, there'll be what's called "double-sided coverage".

We'll have 12 cameras working to our match director, Alan Griffiths on one side of the ground, and our Dutch colleagues will have a similar number on the opposite side providing their domestic pictures. So, on this occasion at least, we won't be able to blame our old friend "the local director" for any aberrations!

Guest GHoeberX

Okay; that explains... I couldn't remember the word "coverage" btw bluesigh.gif

Anyway does the BBC commentators regularly blame "the local director"? :lol:

Guest nyscooby

I was going to post this at half time.....

The subs were sat laughing and joking................

None of the over paid idiots were watching the game.

Why should we bother? when they dont even car what they are there for????

Then again, SM never subbed no one, so was it an exercise in futility?

humm.... i've seen the Dutch goal, and isn't there a huge offside? Throw in, then there a flick on, and the bloke tussling with Terry is standing well offside comes in to play to battle for ball.

Guest nufc_geordie

A few points from this game:

1. Did anyone see McLaren turn to one of the coaches next to him (not Venebles) after Rooney scored and ask who had scored the goal?

2. The press have made sunch a song and dance this morning about how England have turned the corner. IMO we were abysmal, sloppy and if we were playing anyone other than a shite Holland team we would have lost.

3. The only England players to come out of that game with any credit can be Ashley Cole, Micah Richards and Rio Ferdinand. The rest were awful.

4. McLarens theory of having a team blessed with pace must have got lost because playing Carrick and Lampard with the combined pace of a beacjed whale in the centre of the pitch is a recipe for disaster, so slow to react to anything.

5. Why play Andy Johnson on the right wing/ right forward and Rooney Central when they play in the opposite positions respectively for their clubs.

6. McClaren said when he took over that he wanted players playing in their propoer positions then he goes and mess' it up.

7. Will somebody please shoot Joe Cole. His diving last night was an absolute disgrace. Managers should set an example and take players off when they are diving around like a rag doll. Pr*ck.

Rant over but at the end of the day if we keep playing like this we won't be going to Euro 2008!!!

Since venebales was sacked i havent really been very interested in england.  The only thing they give me is someone to laugh at. 

They make nufc look professional,, they are sooo bad.

Have to say that mclaren (quiff boy) looks more out of depth than roeder.....which is quite hard to achieve!!

international fottball is so boring these days, the players are too scared of injury to make an effort.  Still its great to have a comedy muppet like mclaren to provide some farciacal lite relief from toon depression!

Story on one of the City blogs this morning:

GARY NEVILLE RETIRES FROM INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL

Unfortunately, he doesn't know it yet.

bluebiggrin.gif

I'm really proud of Richards - I thought all things considered (Debut, up against their best player, exposed to 1 on 1 by lack of midfield width in formation) he did really well. But yet again Lampard and Carrick are total passengers. Lampard coming too deep looking for the ball, totally nullifying Carrick's limited influence. How long before "Lampard and Carrick can't play together" becomes the national opinion? And the everlasting cycle of players forced to try and babysit for him continues. Lampard out please!  :wullie: