Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Van Der Vaart on loan. Just looking at their squad now, and they have about 8/9 top class midfielders

Is that "realistic" though? Would love him to come here, no doubt about it.

FM keeps telling me it's realistic after we get promotion. FM never lies, surely? ???

:pow:

Van Der Vaart on loan. Just looking at their squad now, and they have about 8/9 top class midfielders

Is that "realistic" though? Would love him to come here, no doubt about it.

FM keeps telling me it's realistic after we get promotion. FM never lies, surely? ???

:pow:

Aye, has to be realistic, then.  :lol:

The only problem left, is that his beloved nr. 23 is already on the back of the great Shola.  :undecided:

I've got a feeling we'll end up with Robbie Keane on loan.

Spurs are after so many strikers I'm guessing they are hoping to land at least two, pushing Keane well out of the squad. No one is going to stump up the money needed to sign him, so Spurs may settle for wages paid and a loan fee, and I think if we miss out on all our targets we could go for that.

Didn't 'Appy 'Arry say he wouldn't let him out on loan again as the 'paid good money for him'.

I took this as, we'll either scarcely play him or sell him.

I'm thinking nearer the end of the window where no one has come in and offered cash for him. They'd be stupid to have him on the books not playing getting a year older while not getting on with saggy face. Of course they'd want a permanent move, i just don't see anyone coming in for him, especially at the price Spurs would want.

It's gonna happen.  O0

Zoggy seems very close to Birmingham move. This could mean Larsson is up for grabs. Would be a good player for us, great right foot and can play in various right sided positions. Good for right back.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Hopefully we get a new striker and a new goalkeeper! ... and a winger.. then we are good to go!

:kinnear:

Yes, either play Krul or get someone else in. Just my opinion as I don't rate Harper that much. He's a decent backup.

As for a striker, I fear we are a bit short without Carroll.

And a winger is clealy a backup for Wayne and Jonas. I hope we sell Jonas soon.

Yes, either play Krul or get someone else in. Just my opinion as I don't rate Harper that much. He's a decent backup.

Shola, Best and Ranger are all over 6ft  ???

bu dum tish.

I hate to do this but..

:dowie:

Oh and Ben Arfa can play on the wings.

Cajun: Nice one. But you know what I mean. Don't think Shola is reliable.

Teasy: Yes. I think Jonas is very inconsistent. Can't say he impressed me much during WC either, mind he was almost playing a RB position under Maradonna. Clearly he's got a very good work rate, the guy is all over the field, but his technical skills ain't very impressive.

Edit: May also add that I fear for our side when we eventually get injuries..