nufc losing £500,000 a week

summerof69

Guest malandro

You think Ashley should have sold more players? Bought fewer? What?

He should have run the club professionally from day one. The one thing we all agreed on was that the club needed stability, and what Ashley served up was the most chaotic 18 months in the club’s history. We didn’t even have a permanent manager for over a year. If NUFC were a club sailing close to the wind uinder SJH and Shepherd, Ashley fitted an outboard motor and set a crash course for the rocks. This is why I blame Ashley 100% for our current plight. When the club needed to be treated with care and respect he parked his tank on the pitch and started a war.

NUFC are a genuine top half of the table PL club, they’re not Portsmouth. We didn’t need to panic; with a bit of sensible housekeeping and a bit of stability we’d be well on the road to recovery by now. That were not is entirely down to the way Ashley has run the club.

He should have run the club professionally from day one. The one thing we all agreed on was that the club needed stability, and what Ashley served up was the most chaotic 18 months in the club’s history. We didn’t even have a permanent manager for over a year. If NUFC were a club sailing close to the wind uinder SJH and Shepherd, Ashley fitted an outboard motor and set a crash course for the rocks. This is why I blame Ashley 100% for our current plight. When the club needed to be treated with care and respect he parked his tank on the pitch and started a war.

NUFC are a genuine top half of the table PL club, they’re not Portsmouth. We didn’t need to panic; with a bit of sensible housekeeping and a bit of stability we’d be well on the road to recovery by now. That were not is entirely down to the way Ashley has run the club.

the only people who really know if there was a need to panic are those who read the accounts and understood them.

Guest malandro

What ever you call him Mike Ashley is an ace Business man..

He’s certainly very good at lining his own pockets.

How much do you anticipate he's lined them with from the football club overall?

Well to date it looks like he’s made a pigs ear of it, but that’s not to say he won’t fill his boots in the long run. The question is how is he is going to try and make a big fat profit out of NUFC after SJH made a mug of him. He could try and build a relevantly successful club PL that regularly competes in Europe and then sell up. Or he could just try and screw us over.

And how would that work? If he's going to 'make a big fat profit out of NUFC' how is trying to screw us over going to help him achieve it?  ???

He could be planning on hanging around the PL on a CCC budget for a few years and pocketing the extra TV money. Three or four years impersonating Bolton would be enough to claw back the money he has lent the club, anything after that would be pure profit. It’d be gamble, but I don’t that seeing putting him off.

People can be as happy clappy about being top of this pitifully poor league as they want. Enjoy it; the real fallout of the last two years has yet to show its teeth.

Guest malandro

the only people who really know if there was a need to panic are those who read the accounts and understood them.

That’d exclude Ashley then?

At what point does the state of the clubs finances become Ashleys fault?

everyone will have their own view on this. the trick is to get the finances into a position that will allow us to invest in the playing side without just racking up bigger debts year. on year. like i've said previously i don't even mind running at a manageable loss if all is going well on the pitch.

Whats your view? When do you think the state the club is in stops being somebody elses fault?

Who do you think is at fault for the situation at Portsmouth?

What's that got to do with anything?

When do you think the state a club is in stops being the previous owners fault.  Portsmouth is a topical example.  Feel free to give your opinion.

Newcastle arent Portsmouth, comparisons are pointless.

:lol:

Pathetic.

Feel free to back that up with some substance.

Again? 

When do you think the state a club is in stops being the previous owners fault.  Portsmouth is a topical example.  Feel free to give your opinion.

Well to date it looks like he’s made a pigs ear of it, but that’s not to say he won’t fill his boots in the long run. The question is how is he is going to try and make a big fat profit out of NUFC after SJH made a mug of him. He could try and build a relevantly successful club PL that regularly competes in Europe and then sell up. Or he could just try and screw us over.

And how would that work? If he's going to 'make a big fat profit out of NUFC' how is trying to screw us over going to help him achieve it?  ???

He could be planning on hanging around the PL on a CCC budget for a few years and pocketing the extra TV money. Three or four years impersonating Bolton would be enough to claw back the money he has lent the club, anything after that would be pure profit. It’d be gamble, but I don’t that seeing putting him off.

People can be as happy clappy about being top of this pitifully poor league as they want. Enjoy it; the real fallout of the last two years has yet to show its teeth.

So hanging around in the PL for a few years is him screwing us over?

Wouldn't it be embezzlement if he pockets the extra TV money?

Hes certainly very good at lining his own pockets.

Well to date it looks like hes made a pigs ear of it, but thats not to say he wont fill his boots in the long run. The question is how is he is going to try and make a big fat profit out of NUFC after SJH made a mug of him. He could try and build a relevantly successful club PL that regularly competes in Europe and then sell up. Or he could just try and screw us over.

He could be planning on hanging around the PL on a CCC budget for a few years and pocketing the extra TV money. Three or four years impersonating Bolton would be enough to claw back the money he has lent the club, anything after that would be pure profit. Itd be gamble, but I dont that seeing putting him off.

This idea that you have to account for every penny in a business is inaccurate apparently.

He can take as much of the money as he wants, get it all in fivers, strip down and roll around in it if he likes.

anything after that would be pure profit ?...................wouldn't he first have to make back the money he has spent on buying us and the major loan (close on 200million i think) before getting ingto "pure" profit ?

I can't believe the opinion that Ashley is trying to extort money from us is still around :lol:

He's making £7m a month from us man.  :lol:

Aye, we're practically rolling in dosh round here :thup: :lol:

Guest malandro

I can't believe the opinion that Ashley is trying to extort money from us is still around :lol:

Diverting money from a privately owned company into the owners’ bank account isn’t extortion or embezzlement. As I keep saying time will tell, but’ it’s a mistake to equate our on the field results this season with some kind of rosy future. 

What do you think Ashley’s master plan is then? What do you think his motivation is?

Diverting money from a privately owned company into the owners bank account isnt extortion or embezzlement. As I keep saying time will tell, but its a mistake to equate our on the field results this season with some kind of rosy future. 

What do you think Ashleys master plan is then? What do you think his motivation is?

That's happening?

Guest malandro

anything after that would be pure profit ?...................wouldn't he first have to make back the money he has spent on buying us and the major loan (close on 200million i think) before getting ingto "pure" profit ?

The deeds to the club are an asset

He's a plum for taking us down, but screwing us over? He is not even charging interest on his loans man (a few million a year he could legitimately get away with pocketing), even exalted owners like Gibson and Lerner do that FFS.

Guest malandro

Diverting money from a privately owned company into the owners’ bank account isn’t extortion or embezzlement. As I keep saying time will tell, but’ it’s a mistake to equate our on the field results this season with some kind of rosy future. 

What do you think Ashley’s master plan is then? What do you think his motivation is?

That's happening?

Right now? Probably not.

In the future? Why not?

is that asset worth 200million ?

Diverting money from a privately owned company into the owners bank account isnt extortion or embezzlement. As I keep saying time will tell, but its a mistake to equate our on the field results this season with some kind of rosy future. 

What do you think Ashleys master plan is then? What do you think his motivation is?

That's happening?

Right now? Probably not.

In the future? Why not?

We'll need to have some money in the bank & clear the loans first.  And diverting funds like that would get him into serious trouble fwiw.

Well he was pretty clear from the start that he recognised he would have to subsidise the club, certainly initially and was happy for others to invest if anyone fancied helping him out. There was no master plan, he wanted a football club for shits and giggles, found himself flailing in the deep end after pissing everyone off over Keegan and wanted out. There was no masterplan, no evil conspiracy.

Now he either sells for a loss, or keeps pumping money in up to the point we are successful enough to be pulling in decent money again. Without any local billionaires on the horizon, and with Hughton and himself seeming to be learning on the jobs together and starting to get things right, I think I'd be almost inclined to hope he opts for the later now tbh.

Guest malandro

That depends on the market value at the time of sale, but the chances of the club ever being worth £200m are remote. Which begs the question, how is Ashley going to get his money back?

That depends on the market value at the time of sale, but the chances of the club ever being worth £200m are remote. Which begs the question, how is Ashley going to get his money back?

it begs the question how you think if we hang about in a bolton position you think he'll be making pure profit ?

Maybe it's got to the stage where he's just trying to minimise his losses rather than make some money? Just a thought.

Hes certainly very good at lining his own pockets.

Well to date it looks like hes made a pigs ear of it, but thats not to say he wont fill his boots in the long run. The question is how is he is going to try and make a big fat profit out of NUFC after SJH made a mug of him. He could try and build a relevantly successful club PL that regularly competes in Europe and then sell up. Or he could just try and screw us over.

He could be planning on hanging around the PL on a CCC budget for a few years and pocketing the extra TV money. Three or four years impersonating Bolton would be enough to claw back the money he has lent the club, anything after that would be pure profit. Itd be gamble, but I dont that seeing putting him off.

He isn't going to.

Guest malandro

Well he was pretty clear from the start that he recognised he would have to subsidise the club, certainly initially and was happy for others to invest if anyone fancied helping him out. There was no master plan, he wanted a football club for shits and giggles, found himself flailing in the deep end after pissing everyone off over Keegan and wanted out. There was no masterplan, no evil conspiracy.

Now he either sells for a loss, or keeps pumping money in up to the point we are successful enough to be pulling in decent money again. Without any local billionaires on the horizon, and with Hughton and himself seeming to be learning on the jobs together and starting to get things right, I think I'd be almost inclined to hope he opts for the later now tbh.

I’m glad somebody understands the choice Ashley faces. I can’t see him selling for a loss, and the more money he pumps in the more successful the club has to be generate the revenues needed to cover his investment – it’s never ending cycle. It’s a no win situation, which is why I think the extra income a return to the PL will bring won’t be invested in the team. It’s the only way I can see him not having to take big loss on his investment, and I doubt how this affects the long term future of NUFC will have any bearing on what he decides to do.

I’m glad somebody understands the choice Ashley faces. I can’t see him selling for a loss, and the more money he pumps in the more successful the club has to be generate the revenues needed to cover his investment – it’s never ending cycle. It’s a no win situation, which is why I think the extra income a return to the PL will bring won’t be invested in the team. It’s the only way I can see him not having to take big loss on his investment, and I doubt how this affects the long term future of NUFC will have any bearing on what he decides to do.

But that would just mean a long term drain on his personal wealth for sod all return (even any fun) unless you think that he'd be holding on in hope that the future will see another sudden rush of foreign wealth coming in on a whim. Can't see it myself.

Nar, he has to either sell asap or do his best and push us on after a period of stabilising the clubs finances. It's a gamble only for him. Fingers crossed, either way hopefully is win win for the rest of us. O0