Chatroom.

BlufPurdi

We've decided to have a permanent thread for the chatroom.

Most know the details by now, I imagine, but I'll put them up for anyone new. 

If you want to, you can use mIRC, click here to download it, or you can use the Java-applet we'll provide for you.  Both are pretty simple, but if you have any problems with mIRC, PM myself or Skirge and we'll point you in the right direction.  As for any problems with the Java-applet, most should be explained in the following:

IRC and mIRC Tutorial

For those of you who have not used the IRC server before we have a Java chat applet that can be found here:

http://www.skirge.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/irc/chat/index.html  (back-up: http://members.lycos.co.uk/newcastlechat//irc/chat/index.html )

This is a Java based web applet so you will need Java installed; you can get that here, and it’s free:

http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_automatic.jsp

If you cannot connect it may be your firewall stopping you, so try disabling it.

Now, if you use an IRC client such as mIRC or Pirch here are the details for our channel:

Server = irc.icq.com

Room = #Newcastle-Online

Port = 7000

The server has a NickServ and ChanServ service.  If you want to register your nickname with NickServ then this is what you need to do:

Join the #Newcastle-Online channel and type /nick "your nick" (example /nick Shearer).  Now, if the room changes your nick to a guest name this means the nick you want is in use, or registered to someone else, so try adding a number to the end like this /nick Shearer1, or pick another.

Then once you have found the nick you would like, type this:

/NickServ register "password" "email"

(example /NickServ register mypass [email protected])

If you get a message telling you that the nick you have is already registered then you will have to choose another nick.  What has happened is the nick you have chosen belongs to someone, but they are not on the server right now.

Once you have registered you then can identify yourself with NickServ when you join #Newcastle-Online, type this to identify:

/NickServ identify "password"

(example /NickServ identify mypass)

If you, however, are joining using the Java applet once connected you will get a popup window where you type your nick and password and the applet will then identify you.

If you need any further help, send a PM to Skirge or BlufPurdi.

Hope this helps...

Before joining, please read the rules:

ROOM RULES:  PLEASE DO NOT PLAY TRIVIA WHILE THE MATCH IS ON, USERS LIKE TO TALK ABOUT THE GAME!  DO NOT SPAM THE ROOM!  DO NOT BE ABUSIVE!  DO NOT MAKE FALSE CLAIMS OF GOALS, THERE IS NO NEED FOR IT!  DO NOT BRING ARGUMENTS FROM THE FORUM INTO THE CHAT AND VICE-VERSA!  IGNORE THESE RULES YOU MAY BE KICKED AND/OR BANNED.  THANK YOU

Everyone is welcome, even opposing fans.  Enjoy.

Guest StevieH84

Aye i,ll be there,just got home,switched pc on having a brew,

prepping some food,then shower,but ill do all that in under 1

hour lol,ill see you,s in there like  :tongue3:

• 2 weeks later...

No chatroom for me today,due to a potential atmosphere

with a fellow user of here..

???????????????????????????????

, ææææææææææ"ROOM RULES" PLEASE DO NOT PLAY TRIVIA WHILE THE MATCH IS ON, USERS LIKE TO TALK ABOUT THE GAME! DO NOT SPAM THE ROOM! DO NOT BE ABUSIVE! DO NOT USE FALSE CLAIMS OF GOALS,THERE IS NO NEED FOR IT! DO NOT BRING ARGUMENTS FROM THE FORUM INTO THE CHAT! IGNORE THESE RULES YOU MAY BE KICKED OR BANNED. THANKYOU

-MrTriv- OI OI Skirge, ææææææææææ Welcome

There has been some bitching going on in the chat of late, few people having to be banned and things, all I made this room for was so we could get together and have a laugh. I understand some personalities will clash but this is purley for football reasons so can we not all just get along for the sake of the game?

Upto now I have removed any bans set on the room and the ban list as now is clear, but I chose my admins in the room as these are the people that use the room every day and stay in there, from now on any bans set will be left, so lease bare this in mind and try not to wind others up int he room. JUST GET ALONG LADS , tis all I ask :D

• 2 weeks later...