Rooney or Drogba

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest je85

Rooney, I don't think Drogba could lift/carry a team as well as Rooney does

So why does he get more goals and assists?

Because Berba can't hit a barn door with a banjo.

The same Berba who has 3 more goals than Anelka despite startting far fewer games? Try again.

Drogba has more goals and assists because he's a better player.

The same Berba who has 3 more goals than Anelka despite startting far fewer games? Try again.

Drogba has more goals and assists because he's a better player.

Drogba has more assists cos' he plays with Lampard, etc. ffs.

So we can conclude from that, that Drogba creates more goals.

Drogba plays alongside Lampard and Malouda, beyond that......

So it wouldn't suggest that the Chelsea players are simply better goalscorers? You're suggesting that if you were to swap Rooney and Drogba the stats for the Chelsea players would markedly drop?

In the system Chelsea play? Almost certainly. Drogba doesn't get enough credit for his unselfishness.

Fair enough. Can't see it myself.

Edit: Not saying Drogba's selfish, just that Rooney would get a similar number of assists in that side.

Guest firetotheworks

Really have no idea how Rooney is winning this poll.  Is it because he's English?  Drogba is clearly the better striker doing it at a much older age.

General opinion is that Rooney is doing it in a far inferior team. At least that's my opinion anyway.

In the system Chelsea play? Almost certainly. Drogba doesn't get enough credit for his unselfishness.

The BBC have been pretty scathing (for them) about his apparent selfish behaviour before the Lampard penalty today, not that I've seen it mind.

Really have no idea how Rooney is winning this poll.  Is it because he's English?  Drogba is clearly the better striker doing it at a much older age.

General opinion is that Rooney is doing it in a far inferior team. At least that's my opinion anyway.

The other side of that coin is that Drogba is standing out in a much better team.  Being the best of a bad bunch of being the best of a good bunch?

The BBC have been pretty scathing (for them) about his apparent selfish behaviour before the Lampard penalty today, not that I've seen it mind.

Behaving like a spoilt little girl. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Really have no idea how Rooney is winning this poll. Is it because he's English? Drogba is clearly the better striker doing it at a much older age.

The other side of that coin is that Drogba is standing out in a much better team. Being the best of a bad bunch of being the best of a good bunch?

I dont think he's stood out that much more than Lampard and Cole. He's stood out a little because up front Anelka's had a below par season.

Rooney on the other hand has no one in that team that you could say is close to being up there with him. Valencia, or Evra are probably the closest imo, and even then nowhere near the awesome level of Lampard and Cole this season.

I think Drogba's the better player, but I think in the circumstances Rooney has been the better player this season. Similar to how I think Hodgson has been the better manager than Ancelotti this season, he's got more with less.

Guest Alan_Shearer

Drogba is siiiiiiick. He's more likely to be a top player for longer than Rooney as his game isn't based alot on pace, and he's much more of an athlete.

Drogba is siiiiiiick. He's more likely to be a top player for longer than Rooney as his game isn't based alot on pace, and he's much more of an athlete.

Drogba is 32, Rooney is 23.

Guest Alan_Shearer

Drogba is 32, Rooney is 23.

Tbh i just wanted to post something to see my new avatar lol. Well hey Drogba is black and black athletes can last longer.....