Rooney or Drogba

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rooney. I'd give it to him on the basis of having had a bigger impact in the CL this year. As much as I dislike saying this, ManU would most likely have been in the CL final had he not damaged his ankle.

Rooney. I'd give it to him on the basis of having had a bigger impact in the CL this year. As much as I dislike saying this, ManU would most likely have been in the CL final had he not damaged his ankle.

So Rooney's been the better player because he might have played well in matches he wasn't involved in.  :lol:

Rooney, Drogba has scored a lot of goals in a team that has scored about 95 Premier League goals, Rooney has scored a lot of goals in a team that has scored about 80 Premier League goals.

Drogba hit 26 out of 95, which is 27%.

Rooney hit 26 out of 82, which is 32%, but since 5 of his goals were penalties, the % of his goals for the team drops down to 26%.

I'm not saying penalties don't count, but Man Utd have other, good penalty takers so I'm assuming that those penalties would have been scored if someone else had taken them.

So Rooney's been the better player because he might have played well in matches he wasn't involved in.  :lol:

Where exactly did you get that from what I've posted?

I'm referring to Rooney looking better overall in the CL for ManU in those games he did play in (4 goals against Milan in the KO stages being the two standout performances) than Drogba did in the same competition for Chelsea (2 goals against a virtually eliminated Athletico in the group stages). As for the "ManU would be in the final" comment, point is he's ManU's key/star player, and looked in good form for them at that stage of the competition - without him they're not the same team, hence why they were unable to finish Bayern off.

Guest Howaythetoon

They have both had amazing seasons but Rooney just shades it for me as he's been the bigger performer for his club across all competitions.

Rooney, just because of his age.

This.

Drogba is a better all round striker, but Rooney would be better value for money.

The question is, who's had the better season. Age or value for money has nowt to do with it.

Finish Bayern off? :lol:

They lost the first leg 2-1 and Rooney played badly.

They were 3-0 up in the second leg with an injured/unfit Rooney up front, and no Rooney for some of the second half. With a fit Rooney, I think they would've finished Bayern off once they were 3-0 up, yes. So :lol: back at ya.

Thought Rooney had a decent first leg myself. His team losing 2-1 doesn't necessarily mean he himself played badly, though I'd agree it wasn't a great night by his standards.

Assists in Prem (soccernet):

Drogba 10 Rooney 3

No goals from pens either for the Drog.

I'd still be tempted to say Rooney though as take him out of Man United and they've struggled, take Drogba out of Chelsea and they haven't.

The part in bold is not a fair comparison of the two. All that proves is that Chelsea has a stronger first XI and therefor relies less on Drogba compared to Man Utd's reliance n Rooney. I voted for Drogba, am really surprised that Rooney is leading by such a huge margin!

Guest Roger Kint

Rooney had the better season as it was seen as more of an improvement of his game. I'd pick Drogba if it was a 'Who is your preferred player?' poll.

This

Rooney, as he is more important for his team than Drogba. Drogba is quite possibly a better player, but he is surrounded by better players than Rooney.

Unless you actually look at the stats. Rooney has played in 13 of Man United's 14 games they haven't won this season. He's hardly that important?

Rooney, as he is more important for his team than Drogba. Drogba is quite possibly a better player, but he is surrounded by better players than Rooney.

Unless you actually look at the stats. Rooney has played in 13 of Man United's 14 games they haven't won this season. He's hardly that important?

He is still by far their best player, and hasn't got anywhere near the kind of service that Drogba has. Man U look toothless without him on the pitch, since selling Tevez and Ronaldo, they don't really have any other great goalscorer.