Newcastle-Online: Reds v Blues match (all forumites welcome) - JULY 17

Stu
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Heneage

What's the post match situation? I'm tempted to stay for a few this time, as unfortunately last time I had to shoot off.

Don't worry about Kev. I'll keep him quiet. Crofty will have Burnip under control so there's nothing to worry about.

tbh I can't see me needing much in the way of controlling. I'll probably pick out a square foot of the pitch that I'm just going to stand in. I'm sure it'll be a nice day, I'll just relax while everyone else works their arses off.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Something I didn't consider when buying that cheap Seria B top - those bloody Italians love their skin tight Lycra shirts like. Looks like I'm trying to smuggle an extra player on the field!

Something I didn't consider when buying that cheap Seria B top - those bloody Italians love their skin tight Lycra shirts like. Looks like I'm trying to smuggle an extra player on the field!

haha, my AS Roma shirt from 6ish years ago is an XL. It's still skin-tight. I hope you at least went one size up, for the sake of your teammates.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

haha, my AS Roma shirt from 6ish years ago is an XL. It's still skin-tight. I hope you at least went one size up, for the sake of your teammates.

Let ys down again, I went for a medium!  :facepalm: :weep: :yikes: :kasper: :cheesy: :laugh2: :frantic: :doh:

Guest Heneage

One thing I hate about Italian shirts. Thankfully Juve haven't employed such unflattering kit makers yet.

Guest Heneage

What's happened to stubrown by the way? He was quality in the last one of these.

Funny you ask, I'd made mention of it, more on the basis of NOFC matches in mind, as I seem to remember he was a good striker.

Guest Heneage

And Wullie? He was good in these too, particularly the first two.

Dropped out of the first NOFC match the night prior and has not been heard from since.

What's happened to stubrown by the way? He was quality in the last one of these.

Funny you ask, I'd made mention of it, more on the basis of NOFC matches in mind, as I seem to remember he was a good striker.

Stubrown basically won the game for the reds from midfield, this is why I had issues with the lack of controlling midfielder in my squad earlier. I think with heza and kev, albeit not midfielders, we can work something out.

Guest Heneage

Stubrown basically won the game for the reds from midfield, this is why I had issues with the lack of controlling midfielder in my squad earlier. I think with heza and kev, albeit not midfielders, we can work something out.

He played midfield? Jesus H, scary thought then, the side is already packed with good CM's. I'm optimistic for Kev though, good striker.

He played midfield? Jesus H, scary thought then, the side is already packed with good CM's. I'm optimistic for Kev though, good striker.

Aye he was CM. And he wore a hat. :love:

Guest Heneage

Ahead of a crunch match against bitter rivals, the Red team. Newcastle Online Blues have announced the signing of Newcastle born striker Kevin Moore.

The move has left the diminutive red team manager pulling his little tuft of hair out at hearing the news. The finisher was set to start in a midfield birth for the reds, but he said the chance to play in his actual position was just too good to turn down.

"I telt him am a strikah, that means up front, but he wouldn't listen, he reckons its cos he couldn't reach the top of the tactics board, but am not havin it. Av signed for a good team, who know me as a player, and I just went to get my head down and play footy like." Said Moore. The recent NOFC debutant, is set to make a return appearance against World Super Mint head Champions Preston this weekend.

When pressed for comment Blues manager Yorkie simply responded with "Ha Ha."

More to follow....

True, Kezman has an appalling record in these games, even Pilko's tasted victory (all 22 minutes of it). Looks like the strongest Red team yet, even without their goal-scorer Stu Brown.

Should be a good rebuilding exercise for the Blue team though, quite a few changes from the winning team(s) of 2009