Martin Jol sent off!

Baggio

Guest kingdawson

Jol's last season at Spurs I reckon.

He's overrated anyway.

would say he's the 6th best manager in the league with roeder being the worst.

He's overrated anyway.

I don't rate him at all, not a patch on either Allardyce or Jewell IMO.

Guest kingdawson

He's overrated anyway.

:lol: :lol:This has to be some sick joke?? What exactly dont you rate about jol (except for your obvious dislike for spurs)? and do you agree about my roeder comment?

He's overrated anyway.

:lol: :lol:This has to be some sick joke?? What exactly dont you rate about jol (except for your obvious dislike for spurs)? and do you agree about my roeder comment?

Jewell has a good set up at Wigan and has put together a team that play good, passing football. He hasn't got any real quality players in the team but they're all overachieving under him.

Nothing strikes me as being great about Jol, he wouldn't know a tactic if it bit him on the arse and was even out manouvered up here by Roeder last season, basically with the players he's got to choose from you expect them to be up there, nobody is overachieving playing for him and his style of play isn't particularly good to watch.

Roeder is a decent coach with no motivational tactics, he's not the worst but he's not far off.

Why do you think Jol better than Jewell?

Guest kingdawson

Jol doesn't even look right.

thanks for that intresting and insightful input into the discussion, you should be very proud of yourself.

Anyway baggio i disagree with your views. Sure Jewell is a good manager who has done an exceptionally good job with wigan but the fact that they finished 10th dosent qualify him to be on the same level as Jol or Allardyce. Put it this way, Jewell hasnt done anything i havent seen before (eg George Burley at Ipswich got them to finish 5th in there first premiership season with relativly no money to spend, similarly pardew has done a good job with west spam). They played this nice, attractive football that you talk about last season because they had nothing to fear being the team that everyone expected to go down last season. This season theres expectation, so lets just wait and see where they finish.

If you actually have a look at Jols managerial record, it is actually very impressive. He basically took he's team RkW waalwijk from being the minnows of the league (basically the sunderland of the dutch league) to european challegers season after season. This is why he won the dutch manager of the year in 2001 and 2002. As most of you already know, Alex Ferguson wanted Jol to be he's number 2 before he eventually joined us. Jol also won the dutch cup managing Roda.

Now onto Jols acheivements with us. In Hes first season with us, Jol led us to a 9th place finish after being left with a team that was near the relegation zone and struggling badly by Santini. In he's first full season in charge, jol led us to a 5th place finish where we played some very attractive football. This season is the first proper bad patch Jol has had since being here but i have no doubt we will finish in a comfortable position. Hope this help Baggio.

Jol doesn't even look right.

thanks for that intresting and insightful input into the discussion, you should be very proud of yourself.

Anyway baggio i disagree with your views. Sure Jewell is a good manager who has done an exceptionally good job with wigan but the fact that they finished 10th dosent qualify him to be on the same level as Jol or Allardyce. Put it this way, Jewell hasnt done anything i havent seen before (eg George Burley at Ipswich got them to finish 5th in there first premiership season with relativly no money to spend, similarly pardew has done a good job with west spam). They played this nice, attractive football that you talk about last season because they had nothing to fear being the team that everyone expected to go down last season. This season theres expectation, so lets just wait and see where they finish.

If you actually have a look at Jols managerial record, it is actually very impressive. He basically took he's team RkW waalwijk from being the minnows of the league (basically the sunderland of the dutch league) to european challegers season after season. This is why he won the dutch manager of the year in 2001 and 2002. As most of you already know, Alex Ferguson wanted Jol to be he's number 2 before he eventually joined us. Jol also won the dutch cup managing Roda.

Now onto Jols acheivements with us. In Hes first season with us, Jol led us to a 9th place finish after being left with a team that was near the relegation zone and struggling badly by Santini. In he's first full season in charge, jol led us to a 5th place finish where we played some very attractive football. This season is the first proper bad patch Jol has had since being here but i have no doubt we will finish in a comfortable position. Hope this help Baggio.

Help what?

Jol has probably the best squad of players outside the big 4 yet still plays shite football to watch, you played poor football last season too with a lot of long ball stuff thrown in.

How many of Wigan's first team would get into Spurs team? Baines is probably the only one yet they play far better football to watch, as I've said he has poor players overachieving for him where as 5th last season for Spurs, with the squad they've got should be a minimum requirement. As for Jewell not doing anything you haven't seen before, the same could be said about Jol as I've seen both Moyes and O'Leary actually make top 4, Moyes done it with a worse squad than you've got there.

As for Fergie wanting him as his number 2, Bryan Kidd was his number two yet he was a shit manager so what point you're trying to prove there I don't know, his number two now was probably the worst manager Madrid had in the past 20 years.

We were near the relegation zone when Roeder took charge yet he led us to 7th, 2 places higher than Jol took you in about half the time, that doesn't make you a great manager as you've already pointed out since Roeder is the worst manager in the league.

As I've said, Jol isn't doing anything out of the ordinary at Spurs with the resources he's got, Jewell is overachieving with minimal resources.

We'll have to agree to disagree as I've got to get up for work in the morning and you'll have to be up for school. Goodnight.

Guest kingdawson

Second week running Ghaly "wins" a penalty.Some one ought to point out to him that rolling 4 or 5 times doesn't do him any favours!

yes you loser but they were both penalties. ok we'll tell ghaly not to roll around so often no more :roll:, and iklgizmo due to your ridiculous nickname i have descided not to reply to you.

Second week running Ghaly "wins" a penalty.Some one ought to point out to him that rolling 4 or 5 times doesn't do him any favours!

yes you loser but they were both penalties. ok we'll tell ghaly not to roll around so often no more :roll:, and iklgizmo due to your ridiculous nickname i have descided not to reply to you.

He does roll around like a cunt though tbh, can't deny that!