Parky vs. Immigration issues in International football caused by modern society

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

for me, to extend a point. Born in Spain, German mother, English father. Lived in France most of their life.

Plays for Spain, Germany, or England.

Spain or England. I think the father counts more in this instance than where you happen to live, but I can see this is a tricky one.

What the fuck? How does the father count more than the mother? They both made the kid? :lol:

Where does the sperm come from?  :lol: :razz:

Where does the egg come from?

Guest firetotheworks

Parky has gone nuclear. Mental man.

Fifa should just leave it to me like.

Seriously though, all jokes aside, are you serious that the nationality should be the father's side only, and not the mother's?

Seriously though, all jokes aside, are you serious that the nationality should be the father's side only, and not the mother's?

Not really silly.  :laugh:

But say for instance you want to live in France all your life and you get ciitizenship and you moved to France when you were 3 or something then France should be an option.

Guest firetotheworks

Not really silly.

Even with a few drinks in my system, I thought so. Had to make sure though.

But say for instance you want to live in France all your life and you get ciitizenship and you moved to France when you were 3 or something then France should be an option.

Podolski moved to Germany when he was two and identifies himself as German and you don't want him playing for Germany, but now you say it's alright?

Where do you lot stand on the Arsenal youth team most will have been in England 5 years by the time they are 21? 90% of them are from all over the world.

They moved there for footballing reasons at a "late" age, I don't see how they'd identify themselves as English and don't think they should represent England.

Podolski moved to Germany when he was two and identifies himself as German and you don't want him playing for Germany, but now you say it's alright?

He clearly doesn't hence the crying when he scores against Poland and the not singing of the German national anthem. My point of contact with this issue is that wherever possible and notwithstanding extreme circumstances the player should play for the country he's born in or failing that the country both his or one of his parents are from or the country that gives him his first passport. I would like national identities wherever possible preserved as part of the spirit of international football. I don't really think that is an extreme position. IMO the romanticism of internation sport goes hand in hand with identity. I think the spirit of the game will be devalued if there is a free for all for the good players on where they may play, much in the way that money and greed has all but destroyed the spectacle of the PL.

Actually are Norway in the EU?

He clearly doesn't hence the crying when he scores against Poland and the not singing of the German national anthem. My point of contact with this issue is that wherever possible and notwithstanding extreme circumstances the player should play for the country he's born in or failing that the country both his or one of his parents are from or the country that gives him his first passport. I would like national identities wherever possible preserved as part of the spirit of international football. I don't really think that is an extreme position. IMO the romanticism of internation sport goes hand in hand with identity. I think the spirit of the game will be devalued if there is a free for all for the good players on where they may play, much in the way that money and greed has all but destroyed the spectacle of the PL.

We're not, thank fuck for that.

In general we don't have  that much difference of opinion on this, we agree on most part on everything bar early neutralisation. I too think International teams should be International teams, and that people should play for the country they love the most and identify with rather than the one with the biggest opportunities. But a rule that wouldn't let people like Klose play for Germany would not be beneficial in the sense that it punishes the ones that actually wants to bleed for a country because there's a few fuckers here and there that are International glory hunters. The players should have the right to choose, but you can't control whether they choose based on feelings or opportunity. It's players like Cacau that are the problem, not people like Klose/Podolski.

Where do you lot stand on the Arsenal youth team most will have been in England 5 years by the time they are 21? 90% of them are from all over the world.

They moved there for footballing reasons at a "late" age, I don't see how they'd identify themselves as English and don't think they should represent England.

See you're differentiating now. After 5 years according to fifa then can play for Eng if they want.

See you're differentiating now. After 5 years according to fifa then can play for Eng if they want.

I've been differentiating all the time. I've clearly said from the get go that I only think people who've lived in a country almost their whole life, and identify with that country should be able to represent that country. I've also on multiple occasions said it's the five year rule that's the problem and what will eventually water out International football.

In general we don't have  that much difference of opinion on this, we agree on most part on everything bar early neutralisation. I too think International teams should be International teams, and that people should play for the country they love the most and identify with rather than the one with the biggest opportunities. But a rule that wouldn't let people like Klose play for Germany would not be beneficial in the sense that it punishes the ones that actually wants to bleed for a country because there's a few fuckers here and there that are International glory hunters. The players should have the right to choose, but you can't control whether they choose based on feelings or opportunity. It's players like Cacau that are the problem, not people like Klose/Podolski.

I don't think we are that far apart. Just was really unhappy at being called racist.

I don't think we are that far apart. Just was really unhappy at being called racist.

I do apologize for that. I couldn't think of the equal of the Norwegian word I was thinking of, which is in no way offensive, and being without sleep for a while I was very irritable.

I do apologize for that. I couldn't think of the equal of the Norwegian word I was thinking of, which is in no way offensive, and being without sleep for a while I was very irritable.

No worries.

Thinking about it if Parky Jnr gets good at tennis I'll be whipping her back to Eng even though she was born in Germany.  :smug:

I've been differentiating all the time. I've clearly said from the get go that I only think people who've lived in a country almost their whole life, and identify with that country should be able to represent that country. I've also on multiple occasions said it's the five year rule that's the problem and what will eventually water out International football.

so you are equally against the rule whereby a player could be born in england,live all his life in england, never have left the country not even for a weekend holiday and still play for the ukraine (purely for example) as his mother was ukranian though she left when she was 16, took up british citizenship at 20 and gave birth to him at 35 ?

so you are equally against the rule whereby a player could be born in england,live all his life in england, never have left the country not even for a weekend holiday and still play for the ukraine (purely for example) as his mother was ukranian though she left when she was 16, took up british citizenship at 20 and gave birth to him at 35 ?

That's representing heritage, I have no qualms with that as long as it's the parent generation, not the grandparent. Of course there are different degrees to it, and if he only chose Ukraine because he'd never be good enough for England I'd not be for it, but you can't control, or know, that.

This is the short list of those available for English naturalisation.

England

Eligible For Naturalisation

*Belgium - Steed Malbranque

*France - Jeremie Aliadiere, Gael Clichy, Sylvain Distin, Mathieu Flamini, Steed Malbranque, Franck Queudrue

*Germany - Moritz Volz

*Guadeloupe - Sylvain Distin

*Italy - Carlo Cudicini

*Spain - Manuel Almunia, Mikael Arteta

Take Cudicini he's been here for yonks and I don't think he's played for Italy at any level.

This is the short list of those available for English naturalisation.

England

Eligible For Naturalisation

*Belgium - Steed Malbranque

*France - Jeremie Aliadiere, Gael Clichy, Sylvain Distin, Mathieu Flamini, Steed Malbranque, Franck Queudrue

*Germany - Moritz Volz

*Guadeloupe - Sylvain Distin

*Italy - Carlo Cudicini

*Spain - Manuel Almunia, Mikael Arteta

Take Cudicini he's been here for yonks and I don't think he's played for Italy at any level.

Does Flamini still qualify since he's been in Italy for 2 years,or can he play for either England or Italy in 3 years time as well as France?

Guest Heneage

Flamini, Jeremie Alibabah and Clichy have all played for France mate. You probably were too busy sewing together white hoods and burning crosses to notice though.

Flamini, Jeremie Alibabah and Clichy have all played for France mate. You probably were too busy sewing together white hoods and burning crosses to notice though.

Says he making anti Muslim remarks about Boro's finest. :lol: