FA Coaching Badges

Ash

Guest Wearside

First training session with the u8's in what feels like a long time! Really enjoyed it. Some of them must have been practicing in their gardens during the holidays, or I can't remember them being that good. Some of the parents commented that they've really improved during their time with me, which was great to hear. Think I tried something a little too complicated for them today, some got it some didn't - not sure if that's just an indication of who was listening or not though!

Good luck to you mate,a mate of mine runs Fulwell U16's in Sunderland and this year 3 of his lads got YTS/Scholarships(or whatever they are called these days) at Sunderland and he was so proud.

Guest Wearside

Thanks. Good luck to those young lads joining Sunderland, should be a good time for them.

Are you following that U8 age group all the way through or do you just get the next batch of U8's next year?

Guest Wearside

The current format at the club I'm at is for me to follow them through the age groups.

Good stuff,you should really see them develop that way and be able to put your methods into practise.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I've seen U11 and U12 boys teams playing 11v11 on full size pitches!

Watched the special on Sky Sports News about the future of the grassroots game, talking about changing U12 to 9-a-side by 2013.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Watched the special on Sky Sports News about the future of the grassroots game, talking about changing U12 to 9-a-side by 2013.

Was just reading a blog post from December about that!

http://youthsoccerlessonplans.blogspot.com/2010/12/philosophy-justin-wheatley.html

Was just reading a blog post from December about that!

http://youthsoccerlessonplans.blogspot.com/2010/12/philosophy-justin-wheatley.html

The special was on anytime tv on Sky if you have that.

Funny as when I was watching it, was thinking that our U12 girls play 9v9 anyway! I don't agree with that guys suggestion of U13-U15 playing 9v9. Maybe U13's but U14/U15 should be 11v11 in my opinion!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Was wondering if you guys have your own coaching folder, with pre-set linked coaching plans built up that you like to use?

If I've remembered correctly:

5/7-a-side from 6-10

3/4 size pitch from 10-13

Full Size from 13 on wards

Interesting, not too dissimilar than us then. We seem to stick with 5-a-side a bit more though. Usually until 10 or so (unless it's changed since I was in a football academy, mind!).

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://www.northumberlandfa.com/Development/CharterStandard/

Charter Standard

The Football Development Department from Northumberland FA offer a wide range of support events for approved clubs, from assistance with funding bids to practical coaching sessions to develop and enhance the skills club coaches have at their disposal.

The dates for our 2011 Charter Standard club support meetings have now been confirmed and can be seen via the PDF document in the related documents section. The next available meeting is listed below.

Newcastle United Foundation, Complete Football and Northumberland Football Association are delighted to announce a brand new series of Coach Education Clinics for 2011. This new partnership will be running a monthly programme of workshops aimed at coaches working at all levels in our region, from those working at the younger age groups through to senior level. The objective of this coach education programme will be to provide interested coaches with fresh ideas, new practices and to give quality support to those coaches working between FA Coaching Awards.

This new partnership will also deliver aspects of our Charter Standard Club Support programme (all free of charge), so workshops will be predominantly delivered by Newcastle United Foundation Full Time Coaches and Northumberland FA staff. There will however also be guest presenters from the Football Association's Tutor Workforce and other special guests. Workshop themes will vary at each event and will be shaped by the input of those attending. In essence we will put on what you want to see!

Please view the related documents section of the page for further information

Clubs are reminded of their commitment to attend a minimum of 2 meetings per season, and to complete the club audit. Failure to meet this criteria will result in suspension, and potential removal of the Charter Standard award.

It is essential that all CS Clubs notify the development office of any changes to contact details during the season. Clubs are also reminded that coaches must ensure that their Safeguarding Children and Emergency Aid certificates are in date to maintain the validity of their coaching qualificaton.

We look forward to seeing you all during the 2010/2011 season

Next Meeting:

Day: Friday

Date: 25th February 2011

Time: 6.30pm - 8.30pm

Venue: Prudhoe Community High School

Theme: Practical Coaching - Assisting coaches to progress from Level 1 to Level 2

Session Lead: Julie Chipchase (Regional Coach Development Manager, The FA).

To book your place at this event, please email: [email protected]

ALI

STOP

DO NOT BOOK YOUR COURSE!

Get yourself on board with a Charter Club ASAP and tell them that you can get your Level 1 for Free (they won't even have to pay).

http://eventspace.thefa.com/northumberlandfa/participant/arrangement.aspx?id=29555

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The Future Game (Grassroots) arrived today. Lovely presentation case/thing it stays in. Haven't read it yet, too busy being excited.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Looks class, man. Wasn't expecting it to be as well presented as it is. Thought it'd be a bit of paper with 'DO THIS' written in Ariel font. Really nice. There's a booklet on philosophy, you know - The FA talking, wait, TREVOR, talking about what he wants the FA to do and what he hopes to accomplish in the next 10 years. A booklet with practices (pretty thick, nicely detailed on first glance) and a BONUS DVD!