FA Coaching Badges

Ash

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Will do, pretty excited about it if its anything like I'm imagining it to be (basically similar to 'learning' FA Level courses).

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Was a very good insight, if a little similar to how you are shown your FA assessments. Still, great experience, and you get a session sheet at the end, which you can't beat for £4. I'd recommend it.

Next one is in March. Got to see Paul Bracewell too!

Newcastle Foundation have started to do a monthly 'Coaching the Coaches' thing at Complete Soccer in Gosforth. It starts this Friday and costs £4, think this Friday's (the first one) is no fully booked (but managed to grab a place via the club). Looking forward to it, this is the kind of thing I've been looking out for.  :thup:

How did you wangle that? :lol:

Do you want a lift?

Ash did you get on this?

Newcastle Foundation have started to do a monthly 'Coaching the Coaches' thing at Complete Soccer in Gosforth. It starts this Friday and costs £4, think this Friday's (the first one) is no fully booked (but managed to grab a place via the club). Looking forward to it, this is the kind of thing I've been looking out for.  :thup:

How did you wangle that? :lol:

Do you want a lift?

Ash did you get on this?

Yes mate. Thanks for pointing it out, was very good indeed. :thup:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Doing my Recruitment Day for the Foundation in a few weeks. Having to do a session infront of the coaches at the Training Academy. Bit nervous like!

Good luck. Someone on my uni course got into the Foundation after the tutor put a word in for him. He didn't put a word in for anyone else, which has caused a bit of a rift.

Doing my Recruitment Day for the Foundation in a few weeks. Having to do a session infront of the coaches at the Training Academy. Bit nervous like!

Good luck. Someone on my uni course got into the Foundation after the tutor put a word in for him. He didn't put a word in for anyone else, which has caused a bit of a rift.

Keith Douglas?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Keith Douglas?

Aye.

Hello chaps, I have a few questions for you...

1. Where would I begin if I wanted to get involved? I've had a little look on the FA website, and the '1st4sport Level 1 award in Coaching Football' seems to be the obvious starting place. Do I need any experience or anything, like being involved in a club beforehand or something? I've never done anything of the sort before, am I going to turn up and be swept away by people who have had months of experience coaching kids or are most people going to be in a similar boat?

2. I've never played football at any reasonable level, bar literally a few school games, how much demonstration work is required? I understand every coach has different techniques, but would I need to be doing keepy ups with my lips or what?

3. How many stages are required for me to get up to the UEFA coaching levels, and how long could it take?

4. I have seen on the previous page that I could need a degree to get to a good level, that wouldn't be an issue, but should I start with that, or with the coaching badges or what? If I have badges, will I find it easier to get onto a course?

5. I am a very melancholic character, I've been thinking about this on/off for 6/7 years or so now, and I really think I could do it, I'm not 100%, I could never be that about anything, but football is my life and I have many ideologies that I feel I need to do my bit for. How do you know if it's right for you, and is there anyone experienced who I could talk to that could help down the right path?

You've probably answered these questions before in this thread, but maybe things have changed, and I assume you have more experience now, I would be very grateful if you could answer them, cheers. :undecided:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Hello chaps, I have a few questions for you...

1. Where would I begin if I wanted to get involved? I've had a little look on the FA website, and the '1st4sport Level 1 award in Coaching Football' seems to be the obvious starting place. Do I need any experience or anything, like being involved in a club beforehand or something? I've never done anything of the sort before, am I going to turn up and be swept away by people who have had months of experience coaching kids or are most people going to be in a similar boat?

Level 1 is a good starting point, however, you can join a local club and if you show commitment (i.e. you don't look like you're going to disappear within a month) they might pay the coaching badges for you. Its in their interest, and yours, for you to have at least a Level 1 Coaching badge, as it can effect their FA Charter Club Status.

You'll spend the weeks learning the basics about club management, admin and looking after kids. Your weekends will be 2-3 hour practical session where the FA Coach shows you the games from the Level 1 book and explains the theory behind them. As far as he's concerned, and you should be concerned, everyone's at the same level, so no need to worry about that. .

2. I've never played football at any reasonable level, bar literally a few school games, how much demonstration work is required? I understand every coach has different techniques, but would I need to be doing keepy ups with my lips or what?

You will be expected to take part in the practical sessions though, even if you're not good at football (though you could argue that's a good thing as it provides coaching opportunities)

3. How many stages are required for me to get up to the UEFA coaching levels, and how long could it take?

UEFA B License is Level 2 & 3.

4. I have seen on the previous page that I could need a degree to get to a good level, that wouldn't be an issue, but should I start with that, or with the coaching badges or what? If I have badges, will I find it easier to get onto a course?

I'm not sure about this one, but most places seem to look for one. Can only assume it makes it a bit easier to get your foot in the door. Its getting noticed and your foot in that's the most important bit really. What you could do is offer to volunteer with a local club (for free) gain the experience, and a reputation. I'm currently in the process of asking the FA about working within the school program (but it seems the funding for it has taken a back seat lately).

5. I am a very melancholic character, I've been thinking about this on/off for 6/7 years or so now, and I really think I could do it, I'm not 100%, I could never be that about anything, but football is my life and I have many ideologies that I feel I need to do my bit for. How do you know if it's right for you, and is there anyone experienced who I could talk to that could help down the right path?

I'll post a reminder on here when the next Coaching the Coaches session at Gosforth Park is due (Last Friday in March at the moment). It's £4, and its qualified coaches show you coaching sessions they enjoy. Its a decent, and cheap, introduction to coaching before you spend the £100+ on level 1. A friend from an old job went to the first one to see if he'd enjoy it.

You've probably answered these questions before in this thread, but maybe things have changed, and I assume you have more experience now, I would be very grateful if you could answer them, cheers. :undecided:

Ali i would reccomend it!

The first badger you cannot fail unless you say F*** or C*** in  your assessment!

I applied around clubs for volunteer work in June 2009 when i was still 15. A few clubs thought i was too young, then Whitley Bay asked if i would help them out. Obviously i jumped at the chance and it's been great since then. In November 2009 i took my 1st level. All paid for. Then in July 2010 i started my Level 2. I paid halfers with the club.

You can do the level 1 without being at a club but to save you £100 and to gain the experience i would look for clubs in your area. I take it you live in Northumberland/Tyne so click on this link to help find a club :thup:

http://www.northumberlandfa.com/GetIntoFootball/FindAClub/

Ali i would reccomend it!

The first badger you cannot fail unless you say F*** or C*** in  your assessment!

When I was doing my level 3, a level 1 course was going on for the week. Some guy failed it because when it came to his assessment he said to the players, you's know how to play we done it the other day!!!?!?!

Totally crazy! We couldn't actually believe someone had failed lol.

It was funny though seeing Robin Hood and Traffic lights when we were doing our Phase of Plays, Functions and SSGs haha.

Going to be doing the Youth Modules 1 and 2 this year, looking forward to them as heard they are good courses.

• 2 weeks later...