Man Ure @ home New Years Day - No Busses or Metro's

Skirge

I predict 3 deaths from frostbite, and the game gets cancelled 5 minutes before kick-off

Aye just like last seasons Charlton game, me and my mate walked and were near enough onto Barrick road before some bloke on his way back told us it was off.  :(

I predict 3 deaths from frostbite, and the game gets cancelled 5 minutes before kick-off

Aye just like last seasons Charlton game, me and my mate walked and were near enough onto Barrick road before some bloke on his way back told us it was off.  :(

I actually made it to outside of The Trent, where I normally meet my mate (Mick). Got there, only to hear it had been cancelled. Had to ring Mick, who was stuck on the supporter's bus going past the Town Moor. He had to go and tell the driver it was off. I then had to walk back towards the BBC's Pink Palace, where wor lass was able to stop and pick me up. What a night !  bluesigh.gif  bluebiggrin.gif

Guest Geordie_Paul

Aye i walked it a few year ago but it's a canny trek from near Kingston Park to the ground lmao Then had to walk back through Cowgate in the middle of the neet. Was a weird experience to say the least lol

Guest geordie01

shit does that mean i wont be able to get the metro from the airport to central station. thatll be 1 fucking expensive taxi. is it just the 1st jan that its cancelled

Guest Geordie_Paul

Nar you wont be able to mate, and it's £10.60 for me usually and i only live aboot 3 - 4 mile away from the airport lol

Guest geordie01

what city in the world shuts down its entire transport service on one of the busiest days of the year like? they have got to provide you with something. there wont be enough taxis to accomadate all the passengers that come in to the airport

Guest Invicta_Toon

i think you'll find we'r the real toon fans spending £200 a trip to come and see your team get beat.

your coming to see the Toon beat the Toon?

how's that work then?  bluelaugh.gif

Guest dasflenst

I think you'll find the Charlton game last year wasn't scheduled for New Year's day at all.  It was meant to be between xmas and new year as I remember getting the Metro home and seeing other fans going the other way.