Fantasy Premier League 2011-12 (see OP)

Optimistic Nut

Guest Roger Kint

Shay Given is getting replaced this week, but not sure who with. It's either Vorm, Schwarzer or Friedel (which would lead to Jagielka replacine BAE in defence). Any advice?

I had Given/Vorm from the start, automatically used Given for first 7 weeks or so before realising how good Vorm has been and since had him as No1. Plus he is cheap if you want to upgrade another area.

Guest Roger Kint

I'm sure Vorm has kept the most clean sheets in the season as well.

iirc he is second. Schwarzer may be 1st?

Nope, Vorm has 6.  Schwarzer has 5.

Ahh well, got the top 2 right ;D

Unless the one i saw included all comps or something.

Swansea have kept loads of clean sheets, but I worry that the bubble will burst soon. Vorm is 4.7m.

Fulham are involved in few goals, they're consistent and they're very capable of keeping clean sheets. Schwarzer is 4.9m.

Spurs aren't particularly great in defence, but they're so good going forward that they mightn't concede too many. Friedel is 5.5m.

Swansea have kept loads of clean sheets, but I worry that the bubble will burst soon. Vorm is 4.7m.

Fulham are involved in few goals, they're consistent and they're very capable of keeping clean sheets. Schwarzer is 4.9m.

Spurs aren't particularly great in defence, but they're so good going forward that they mightn't concede too many. Friedel is 5.5m.

Swansea's defensive record this season is not luck. They've modified the 'attack is the best form of defence' model to 'possession is the best form of defence'. Works very well for them too. They won't foray forward too quickly with the ball, so they won't score bucket loads either. :razz:

Edit: And obviously Vorm has been in great shot-stopping form.

Obviously clean sheets are good, but it's also not too bad having a shitty defence in front of the keeper. Al-habsi racks up a canny few points just on making saves, not always keeping clean sheets.

Yep, main problem with the league I play in (Telegraph) is that keepers don't get any points for saves. So therefore it's only worth having a handful of goalies.

Guest Roger Kint

Goalkeepers are pointless imo. I have Robinson. He got an assist two games ago. :lol:

Thats why NO defenders have more points than either Vorm or De Gea and only FOUR midfielders have more than them. In fact there are only ELEVEN players in the entire league(obviously excluding bonus points for being captain) with more than those two 'pointless keepers' :D

Goalkeepers are pointless imo. I have Robinson. He got an assist two games ago. :lol:

Thats why NO defenders have more points than either Vorm or De Gea and only FOUR midfielders have more than them. In fact there are only ELEVEN players in the entire league(obviously excluding bonus points for being captain) with more than those two 'pointless keepers' :D

Wheels will come off soon. Look at Krul.

Guest Roger Kint

Be that as it may you made a completely wrong statement about keepers at this present time and there is no guarantee that too many defenders/midfielders will gain more over a longer period. De Gea concedes goals too and still proves my point as keepers arent the only ones who are punished by that.

Be that as it may you made a completely wrong statement about keepers at this present time and there is no guarantee that too many defenders/midfielders will gain more over a longer period. De Gea concedes goals too and still proves my point as keepers arent the only ones who are punished by that.

I'm one step ahead with Paul Robinson. Watch him really push for a move in January. :D

Guest Roger Kint

From 'pointless' to 'one step ahead'(of what god only knows)  ???

Who have you got in goal?

Have two teams in this game. N-O league i have De Gea. Other league i have Given/Vorm depending on who each play.