Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

That a player who's played his best football out wide should be tried out wide? :lol:

At least contribute, man.

I'm a Ben Arfa fanboy. I think he's a glorious player who has the ability that so few in this world possess. I love his vision, his style of place and I am in constant awe of his dribbling ability. I think we somehow for some weird reason lucked into signing him and we should build our whole team around him. We've done well this season so far but I don't think that iteration of the team was good enough to challenge for fourth, which is where I feel we really belong, and where Ben Arfa can take us.

I think this discussion about his position on the pitch would be entirely without merit if he didn't get injured. The only important factor now is whether he will recover his ability. If he does, there is no discussion. You build the team around him. You tell him to find space, tell other players to pass to him and then just let him roam without needing to defend. He's a lesser version of Messi but I think we should let him roam free like Messi does.

He's the best player we have, and the best attacking player we have by a million miles.

This argument will look funnier as time passes because he'll prove himself to be very worthy of the high expectations that people have of him, like the Baggio posts earlier in this thread now seem funny because even a not fully fit Ben Arfa has shown that he's very capable of relieving pressure for us, as he did so quite a few times on Saturday.

I'm a Ben Arfa fanboy. I think he's a glorious player who has the ability that so few in this world possess. I love his vision, his style of place and I am in constant awe of his dribbling ability. I think we somehow for some weird reason lucked into signing him and we should build our whole team around him. We've done well this season so far but I don't think that iteration of the team was good enough to challenge for fourth, which is where I feel we really belong, and where Ben Arfa can take us.

I think this discussion about his position on the pitch would be entirely without merit if he didn't get injured. The only important factor now is whether he will recover his ability. If he does, there is no discussion. You build the team around him. You tell him to find space, tell other players to pass to him and then just let him roam without needing to defend. He's a lesser version of Messi but I think we should let him roam free like Messi does.

He's the best player we have, and the best attacking player we have by a million miles.

Agree with this and have done all along. Couldn't care less if that makes me a fanboy. Coloccini is a world class defender, Tiote is a world class defensive midfielder and Ben Arfa is a world class playmaker. I don't think we have any other world class players but these are the three that cement us a good team. Once Ben Arfa rediscovers his top form and it will happen providing he has no major injury concerns we will be a far a better team because of it. I think Parky mentioned that Ben Arfa was/could be as good as Nasri. I disagree, I think he's better than Nasri or at least will prove to be when he returns to top form

That a player who's played his best football out wide should be tried out wide? :lol:

At least contribute, man.

I don't disagree.

his most important contribution was giving away a daft penalty.

What a load of garbage. Such a mackem anti-NUFC s***

Well, no, it's actually a fact. :lol:

Who would you be supporting right now if Hatem had signed for the mackems, eh? Such a whore.

The penalty is a fact yes but it's "his most important contribution" for RDT posters.

Hatem hadn't signed for the mackems, so you question is pointless as usual and he didn't choose Newcastle by accident.

The subject here isn't my person neither, but the load of s*** you're capable of when talking about this player.

It clearly was his most important contribution, you fairy. He played well but that's the only action that directly impacted the scoreline.

By all means attack my opinions, although it's becoming very tedious to say the least. Quite laughable that you (and countless other minions) come on here looking for an argument with those of us who pay your fantasy man's salary. That it offends you so deeply that I want him to play RW says everything that needs to be said about you as a person - if joining this forum simply because of one player didn't already.

Who would you be supporting right now if Hatem had signed for the mackems, eh? Such a whore.

The penalty is a fact yes but it's "his most important contribution" for RDT posters.

Hatem hadn't signed for the mackems, so you question is pointless as usual and he didn't choose Newcastle by accident.

The subject here isn't my person neither, but the load of s*** you're capable of when talking about this player.

It clearly was his most important contribution, you fairy. He played well but that's the only action that directly impacted the scoreline.

By all means attack my opinions, although it's becoming very tedious to say the least. Quite laughable that you (and countless other minions) come on here looking for an argument with those of us who pay your fantasy man's salary. That it offends you so deeply that I want him to play RW says everything that needs to be said about you as a person - if joining this forum simply because of one player didn't already.

I actually agree that we should try him out on the wing, particularly as Best has had a very good season so far.  Unfortunately it seems that Pardew wants to play with two hard working wingers who are willing to run the length of the touchline the entire game, tackling back when necessary - this is not a role I can see Ben Arfa playing in effectively.  Ultimately this means that it comes down to a choice between Ben Arfa and Best to play alongside Ba - Ben Arfa would be my choice in this instance.

Guest hatem garrincha

Nothing offends me young boy and absolutely not the fact you want him to play RW.

Was just pointing out your big "expertise" about him ("a player who's played his best football out wide") and if you had a minimum of "savoir vivre" (and brain) you would have welcome people like me and the minions who are able to inform you about a player you know nothing about, instead of telling them everyday that they're strangers and therefor without valid arguments to oppose to yours, even if yours are absolutely s*** 

What a beautiful mentality.

Guest Haris Vuckic

You're getting confused between midfielders and wingers a bit fella.

How so?  Are you suggesting that Obertan and Jonas aren't wingers?

A winger is an outside forward, Obertan and Jonas are midfielders - yes they play on the wing but you don't catch wingers with much defensive duty at all.

You're getting confused between midfielders and wingers a bit fella.

How so?  Are you suggesting that Obertan and Jonas aren't wingers?

A winger is an outside forward, Obertan and Jonas are midfielders - yes they play on the wing but you don't catch wingers with much defensive duty at all.

Apologies - in future I will say 'a player who plays on the right/left wing' rather than winger.  It does seem that some people on here wouldn't have been able to describe a players position before football manager told them how to.

Left mid you gimp, or half back ;)

Then how would you differentiate between a player like Barton and a player like Obertan?  Both ostensibly played the the same position but have very different roles.  Re halfback - So you are actually using the original definitions of a footballers position then?  I'd like to see how you would describe a full back given that the role of a modern fullback bears almost no relation to the duties of that role originally.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I was taking the p*ss with half back like ;)

I would call Barton a centre midfielder because it's where he plays best.

That's a whole different argument

In which case we move to a very, very basic argument.

If Barton is playing on the right of midfield - he's a right midfielder. If he plays in goal he is a goal keeper. If he plays as a winger he's a winger. etc etc

I was taking the p*ss with half back like ;)

I would call Barton a centre midfielder because it's where he plays best.

That's a whole different argument

In which case we move to a very, very basic argument.

If Barton is playing on the right of midfield - he's a right midfielder. If he plays in goal he is a goal keeper. If he plays as a winger he's a winger. etc etc

Surely by your logic it should be if he plays on the wing he's a winger?  therefore Jonas and Obertan are wingers.

Nothing offends me young boy and absolutely not the fact you want him to play RW.

Was just pointing out your big "expertise" about him ("a player who's played his best football out wide") and if you had a minimum of "savoir vivre" (and brain) you would have welcome people like me and the minions who are able to inform you about a player you know nothing about, instead of telling them everyday that they're strangers and therefor without valid arguments to oppose to yours, even if yours are absolutely s*** 

What a beautiful mentality.

We played him out wide to good effect before his injury and I also saw this for Marseille on a few occasions. That's the extent of my knowledge and I've never implied otherwise. It's my opinion, that in English football, he's most suited to a free-role out wide. This is also based on what I've seen this season.

I welcome opinions when they're objective, lucid and without bias. Yours are none of these things. You also seem unable to accept that the vast majority of us just want NUFC to win games and Ben Arfa's personal development must be achieved secondary to this. We're not a circus for him to perform tricks; we're a proud football club that will embrace a highly talented and enigmatic footballer such as Hatem should he contribute to our cause.

Oh, and stop the French. You've been told before.