Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

This news doesn't change anything so I don't know why the thread titles been changed.  The Marseille president said they had accepted our offer and we just needed to talk to the player.  What he's said today doesn't contradict that.  He's just denied that the deal has been completed.

Did he?

Yes, he said 800k fee agreed.

Got a source on him saying that?

I guess nothing from him, just reports, but he hasn't really said anything to discredit them.

This news doesn't change anything so I don't know why the thread titles been changed.  The Marseille president said they had accepted our offer and we just needed to talk to the player.  What he's said today doesn't contradict that.  He's just denied that the deal has been completed.

Did he?

I guess nothing from him, just reports, but he hasn't really said anything to discredit them.

Er, apart from saying nothing's agreed yet. :lol:

Did he?

He just said a deal hasn't been agreed, essentially the same thing as yesterday, which was saying the deal hadn't been completed.

This news doesn't change anything so I don't know why the thread titles been changed. The Marseille president said they had accepted our offer and we just needed to talk to the player. What he's said today doesn't contradict that. He's just denied that the deal has been completed.

Did he?

He just said a deal hasn't been agreed, essentially the same thing as yesterday, which was saying the deal hadn't been completed.

Keep digging. According to the press a deal had been agreed, so the thread title reflected that. Now the OM president says nothing has been agreed yet, so the thread title has been updated to reflect that. :thup:

' Newcastle is interested. But financially it is today no agreement concluded .'

No agreement concluded is exactly what we heard yesterday in those reports.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/08/09/newcastle-agree-a-deal-for-hatem-ben-arfa-61634-27023951/

Newcastle agree a deal for Hatem Ben Arfa

Whatever.

That article also says it hasn't been finalized, exactly what the director said today, there's no way he would've said anything about the details of it, considering it's still in progress.

Keep digging.

Fuck me.

All I did was change the thread title so it reflects the latest information. Which is that no deal has yet been agreed, despite reports saying it had. To say nothing has changed is ridiculous. Can't be arsed any more, you win.

Fuck me.

All I did was change the thread title so it reflects the latest information. Which is that no deal has yet been agreed, despite reports saying it had. To say nothing has changed is ridiculous.

Because no deal has been agreed, just what we all knew yesterday, as the reports clearly said.

Are people really getting het up over the thread title? :lol:

Jesus fucking wept.

You don't understand man, my entire life course can change with one thread title change. I don't want to see it happen.

Yeah, I think Dave has a moral responsibility to take into account how changing the thread title will affect peoples lives. We were on top of the world but now with one quick edit Dave as consigned us to a life of misery and suffering.

Guest malandro

Whereas our chairman has said nowt. The club could at least confirm or deny talks were taking place. The cat is out of the bag and playing dumb is disrespectful to the supporters?

Couldnt disagree more.

Why's that?

Because I wouldnt be happy if our chairman was talking about deals that havent been concluded yet. I much prefer the way it's now.

The Board's approach to privacy over transfer negotiations is virtually the only thing it's got right in it's time. Essentially no complaints from me, would rather be satisfied by eventual success than have it scuppered by some nice headlines that are pleasing for a day or two.

How would Hughton confirming whether or not Arfa is coming for talks scupper the deal?

It’s one thing not to comment on press speculation, another to let other clubs make statements about who are trying to sign and still persist with the veil of secrecy thing. By saying nowt Hughton is letting rumours turn into 'facts'.