Nike Premier Cup - World Finals 2010

lovejoy

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

This is a blind assumption, not actually being there or seeing any other player, but... Campbell sounds like he'd be in the running for player of the cup!

Just got back. Will do a full summary/report tomorrow. If anyone has access to MUTV, watch the final tomorrow. Barca are a class above and their number 6 is going to be an amazing player.

Just got back. Will do a full summary/report tomorrow. If anyone has access to MUTV, watch the final tomorrow. Barca are a class above and their number 6 is going to be an amazing player.

Grrr... for the life of me can't find the squad we sent. I suppose the likes of Samper, Pol García, Pol Ballesté, Toral, Dongou, Ebwelle, Riera, Baldé are there, but dunno who's wearing #6.

Grrr... for the life of me can't find the squad we sent. I suppose the likes of Samper, Pol García, Pol Ballesté, Toral, Dongou, Ebwelle, Riera, Baldé are there, but dunno who's wearing #6.

Your squad was as follows:

Pol Ballesté

Hector Bellerin

Roger Riera

Pol Garcia

Alejandro Grimaldo

Sergi Samper

Keita Balde

Pau Belana Huguet

Jean Marie Dongou

Jon Miquel Toral

Alain Richard Edwelle

E. Godswill Ekpolo

Joseph Ondoa

Simon Colina

Sandro Ramirez

Ivan Romano

The number 6 sat in front of the back four if that helps?

Pol Ballesté

Hector Bellerin

Roger Riera

Pol Garcia

Alejandro Grimaldo

Sergi Samper

Keita Balde

Pau Belana Huguet

Jean Marie Dongou

Jon Miquel Toral

Alain Richard Edwelle

E. Godswill Ekpolo

Joseph Ondoa

Simon Colina

Sandro Ramirez

Ivan Romano

Might be Sergi Samper, plays there and is highly rated.

Pol Ballesté

Hector Bellerin

Roger Riera

Pol Garcia

Alejandro Grimaldo

Sergi Samper

Keita Balde

Pau Belana Huguet

Jean Marie Dongou

Jon Miquel Toral

Alain Richard Edwelle

E. Godswill Ekpolo

Joseph Ondoa

Simon Colina

Sandro Ramirez

Ivan Romano

Might be Sergi Samper, plays there and is highly rated.

Sixth name on the squad list, you may be right. I know that our squad list had the players in numerical order but didn't know if it was the same for all of the teams. I tried to listen out for any names being shouted and the Barca ones didn't seem to match up but I wouldn't say that was conclusive!

You're more than likely correct to be honest.

He's supposedly one of the best centremids in our U-17 setup so if he impressed you it should be him.

He impressed me and many others, including coaches and scouts, massively. He will be a world-class player, mark my words.

He's supposedly one of the best centremids in our U-17 setup so if he impressed you it should be him.

He impressed me and many others, including coaches and scouts, massively. He will be a world-class player, mark my words.

Hope the Arsenal scout was out for a coffee when we played :(

You shouldn't have any problem keeping hold of him, can't see why he'd want to leave as he's destined to be in and around your first team squad in the next couple of years.

I know there was definitely a Chelsea scout there and a Blackburn one. I heard a couple of other guys with cockney accents who seemed to be scouts too. I'm fairly certain we had a scout there too which I'm pleased about, would have been criminal not to.

I realise I've set myself up for a massive fall here by the way, bigging him up way too much but I think it's worthy. He's going to have a shitter tomorrow now though and I'll look like a right twat. :lol:

You shouldn't have any problem keeping hold of him, can't see why he'd want to leave as he's destined to be in and around your first team squad in the next couple of years.

I know there was definitely a Chelsea scout there and a Blackburn one. I heard a couple of other guys with cockney accents who seemed to be scouts too. I'm fairly certain we had a scout there too which I'm pleased about, would have been criminal not to.

I realise I've set myself up for a massive fall here by the way, bigging him up way too much but I think it's worthy. He's going to have a shitter tomorrow now though and I'll look like a right t***. :lol:

Wouldn't mean much, the Messi-Piqué-Fàbregas squad didn't manage to win the trophy afterall!

But thanks for the appraisal, I have heard a lot about him but seeing a neutral dishing out this kind of praise is always exciting.

I realise I've set myself up for a massive fall here by the way, bigging him up way too much but I think it's worthy. He's going to have a shitter tomorrow now though and I'll look like a right t***. :lol:

Wouldn't mean much, the Messi-Piqué-Fàbregas squad didn't manage to win the trophy.

But thanks for the appraisal, I have heard a lot about him but seeing a neutral dishing out this kind of praise is always exciting.

You should try and catch the final tomorrow if you can, there are a few very promising players in the side. What is probably more impressive is how similar they play to the first team. I know that a structure should be in place for all academy sides to play in the same manner that the first team do but it doesn't always happen. That wasn't the case here though, it's so obvious who they take after. On a bigger pitch like it will be played on tomorrow, I can see you completely outclassing Pachuca.

The number 9 (Jean Marie Dongou?) reminded me of Eto'o a little, really powerful and always got himself into good positions. Number 15 also looked superb, he's got a fantastic touch.

Yeah, Dongou has usually played centreforward in our youth teams. If #15 is Sandro Ramírez (a forward) he also has some hype on him, was scouted in the same tournament in the Canary Islands where we found Pedro.

Sadly it doesn't look like the final is broadcast here in Spain.

Yeah, Dongou has usually played centreforward in our youth teams. If #15 is Sandro Ramírez (a forward) he also has some hype on him, was scouted in the same tournament in the Canary Islands where we found Pedro.

He mainly played on the wing but did drift inside a little too. He did tend to play very high up the pitch anyway.

Image 5. The number 15 is the guy on the left: http://www.manchesterunitedpremiercup.com/photo-gallery/2010/team-activities-87