Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

tbf, it's not funny at all, even ironically. He's fucking terrible.

It's not a laughing matter. We're tying down a man who has given his left hip for this club, who picks up a pittance, rules the dressing room and embodies the spirit of NUFC. This is a cause for celebration.

I've got a bottle of Bolly in the fridge. I was saving it for Thatcher's death but I might just get it out now.

Guest neesy111

tbf, it's not funny at all, even ironically. He's fucking terrible.

It's not a laughing matter. We're tying down a man who has given his left hip for this club, who picks up a pittance, rules the dressing room and embodies the spirit of NUFC. This is a cause for celebration.

I've got a bottle of Bolly in the fridge. I was saving it for Thatcher's death but I might just get it out now.

What do you call pittance?

I'm happy for him to stay but we need 2 strikers in the summer imo.  1 proven striker and a striker who's got potential.

Guest neesy111

Whinge about lack of depth and whinge about a perfectly serviceable depth player being retained, bizarre IMO

Serviceable for what? League 1?  Not the premiership.

Whinge about lack of depth and whinge about a perfectly serviceable depth player being retained, bizarre IMO

Of course he's servicable, not as a starter but he provides perfectly decent depth and his record proves it. He's happy to be "depth" (which shouldn't be underestimated) is evidently a good influence in the dressing room. Seriously what's not to like.

It's not like they'll be getting shot of Cisse because of this and Shola is to be our featured striker FFS

I'd rather have Shola than £5 Million man Danny Graham any day of any week.

Guest Roger Kint

Clueless as ever. He has enough to make an impact at times, should never be a starter but games like the mackems, QPR at home where he turned 1 point into 3 when we didnt look like scoring etc shows he can do something as a player in the PL however limited he is. Plus he clearly has a good influence around the dressing room so why not keep him?

Of course he's servicable, not as a starter but he provides perfectly decent depth and his record proves it. He's happy to be "depth" (which shouldn't be underestimated) is evidently a good influence in the dressing room. Seriously what's not to like.

It's not like they'll be getting shot of Cisse because of this and Shola is to be our featured striker FFS

I'd rather have Shola than £5 Million man Danny Graham any day of any week.

Danny Graham is a better footballer than Ameobi.

I like how people are singling out the odd games that he scored a goal as proof that he is a Premier League quality player whilst forgetting that he is fucking awful 99% of the time.

The place in the squad should be filled by a better footballer, simple.  To put it another way, we should let him go at the end of his contract and bring a better player in, who is capable of more than a goal every 20 appearances.  A player who is able to contribute to a game for more than 20 minutes.  A player who is capable of being effective if started...

Guest neesy111

Clueless as ever. He has enough to make an impact at times, should never be a starter but games like the mackems, QPR at home where he turned 1 point into 3 when we didnt look like scoring etc shows he can do something as a player in the PL however limited he is. Plus he clearly has a good influence around the dressing room so why not keep him?

Clueless, look who's talking.

I'm happy to have him around if he's 4th or 5th choice as I've said earlier, the way ToonPack is talking he wants him as backup directly for Cisse.  A 2nd choice striker for us should have a better record than 6 goals in last 2 seasons.  It puts extra pressure on Cisse to score and scoring goals has been a problem for us last few seasons imo, not enough people contributing.

Guest Roger Kint

I like how people are singling out the odd games that he scored a goal as proof that he is a Premier League quality player whilst forgetting that he is fucking awful 99% of the time.

The place in the squad should be filled by a better footballer, simple.  To put it another way, we should let him go and bring a better player in.

We are two better players down WITH him here. Are you daft enough to think we will pay for those and more if he left? Its not forgetting the shit games at all, its almost like you ignored where i said should never start.......

Guest neesy111

The place in the squad should be filled by a better footballer, simple.  To put it another way, we should let him go and bring a better player in.

I think they are the only games he's scored in the league. :lol:

His european record is fine though.