Deadline day approaching: Anything else the cherry on the cake?

The Prophet

Think we might get Keane, possibly one surprise outgoing, maybe Guthrie on loan to someone like Bolton or Blackburn as I can't see him getting many games.

Just had a look at the squad list at .com and thought about that.

Maybe it's why Tiote hasn't been given a number yet, because he's wating for Nr.8 to become available.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Perch and Kadar are our cover for LB-

Ryan Taylor would switch to right back if Perch takes the LB slot, so we won't be signing any left back cover

Guest GeordieBatistuta

Keane in on loan

LB as cover for Enrique

Shola out.

That's the problem, nobody wants to be just cover. Hopefully Kadar and Perch ("and even Jonas!"- Maradona) can do a job unless Jose gets a long tern injury.

Yeah i agree - whoever we would want to cover Enrique would obviously have to be considered good enough to fill his role if he was to become injured. Therefore, the cover would obviously have to be a good player and would want to play every game. I mean Kadar will have to learn sooner or later. If not i wouldnt mind seeing Van Aarnholt back at the club.

Keane in on loan

LB as cover for Enrique

Shola out.

That's the problem, nobody wants to be just cover. Hopefully Kadar and Perch ("and even Jonas!"- Maradona) can do a job unless Jose gets a long tern injury.

Yeah i agree - whoever we would want to cover Enrique would obviously have to be considered good enough to fill his role if he was to become injured. Therefore, the cover would obviously have to be a good player and would want to play every game. I mean Kadar will have to learn sooner or later. If not i wouldnt mind seeing Van Aarnholt back at the club.

Aye me too, but Van Aarnholt would have the same problem, it's only worth going on loan if you're going to get games.

Guest MrSundlofer

I'm glad with the squad at the moment. But if we sign some realistic players in the next days I wouldn't mind:

Greg Cunningham, Manchester City

Left back, left midfield

Played very well for Manchester City in pre-season. Already capped 2 times for Ireland. Backup.

Patrick van Aanholt, Chelsea

Left back, centre back

Joined us on a one-month loan deal last season after José Enrique suffered injury. Provided a great cover. Backup.

Robbie Keane, Tottenham

Striker

I'm not a big fan of him but I will be glad if he signs on loan. Key player.

Guest GeordieBatistuta

I'm glad with the squad at the moment. But if we sign some realistic players in the next days I wouldn't mind:

Greg Cunningham, Manchester City

Left back, left midfield

Played very well for Manchester City in pre-season. Already capped 2 times for Ireland. Backup.

Patrick van Aanholt, Chelsea

Left back, centre back

Joined us on a one-month loan deal last season after José Enrique suffered injury. Provided a great cover. Backup.

Robbie Keane, Tottenham

Striker

I'm not a big fan of him but I will be glad if he signs on loan. Key player.

I'm not a big fan of taking other teams youngsters e.g Cunningham. Van Aanholt is an exception as despite looking to become a good player, I think he may appreciate that Cole is going to hold that position for a while and that any loan deal with him could prospectively end up being a long term arrangement. We have to have faith in our up and coming talent so Kadar would be alright and although Accrington Stanley are no Premier League oppostion, Ferguson gave a good account of himself in a physical game.