Our best team/line-up/formation

Taylor Swift

Assuming no significant transfers (in and out) are made, and assuming Tiote is decent and Ben Arfa shows his quality, I think we go 4-4-1-1

Harper

Perch Williamson Colo Enrique

Routledge Tiote Barton Jonas

Ben Arfa

Carroll

--------

This is long-term, of course, because I can't imagine Hughton will drop (edit: Nolan) and Smith right away for the Blackpool match. I think Ben Arfa will be used as an impact sub for the first few games, then if Nolan has a poor game away from home, Ben Arfa takes over and hopefully keeps his place. The same with Tiote except I think he takes over Smith's position much quicker because Smith is shite.

I also wonder whether Campbell will start when he's fit and if so, who does he start for, Colo or Williamson? I think Campbell's pace would benefit us when we play some of the pacier teams, and I think Gosling, when fit, will also be competing for the RM spot with Routledge, although Routledge's pace is clearly important to us.

PS. What a young team. Reminds me of SBR's :snod:

Agree. My 'long term' was more 'later on this season' rather than a couple of years down the line.

My long term was also later on this season if Harper doesn't get back to his best.

----------------------Krul--------------------------

S.Taylor------Coloccini---Campbell-----Enrique

-------------Barton----------Tiote-----------------

------Ben Arfa------Keane----------Jonas--------

------------------------Carroll------------------------

I would think Ben Arfa would be played as a sub a few times to begin with but Hughton will want to limit the amount of appearances that he wastes on meaningless sub appearances given the limit of 25. Unless he seriously impresses to begin with and we decide to commit and play him, then he'll be played only in games where it matters, imo, and then unleashed later on when he's more settled and when the appearances limit will not be as strong a constraint as it might be now.

I would think Ben Arfa would be played as a sub a few times to begin with but Hughton will want to limit the amount of appearances that he wastes on meaningless sub appearances given the limit of 25. Unless he seriously impresses to begin with and we decide to commit and play him, then he'll be played only in games where it matters, imo, and then unleashed later on when he's more settled and when the appearances limit will not be as strong a constraint as it might be now.

HBA is Hughton's buy and most certainly he will play him right from the start as he has done with every other player he has brought in(Williamson, Routledge, Simpson, Perch etc...) One worrying thing though is whether he's gonna drop Nolan? Can't see that happening!

Harper

Simpson  Williamson  Colo  Enrique

Barton        Tiote

Rout                   HBA           Jonas

Carroll

In case CH manages to loan Keane...replace Wayne on the wing with HBA and put Robbie in the hole to play behind Carroll

How do we match up?

Harper

Simpson  Williamson  Colo  Enrique

Barton        Tiote

Rout                   HBA           Jonas

Carroll

Owen            Bellamy

Duff        Parker       Milner        Dyer

N'Zogbia     Faye     Bramble     Carr

Given

N'Zogbia is at left back because Fat Sam is in charge of the Ex-NUFC 11.

I think he'll go unchanged as long as possible tbh and then first chance he gets (Smith suspension) Tiote will be in, and reckon for the first few games Ben Arfa will be given 25 to 30 minutes a time before coming in for good.

First suspension could very much be Barton. He's already got 3 yellows in 3 games so far. Compared to Smith's one yellow.

So it could be Tiote and Smith through the middle.

Nolan won't be dropped as he's captain, I just can't see Hughton dropping him.

It's amazing really, for the last few years we have had virtually no one for central midfield, now we have, Ben Arfa, Gosling, Guthrie, Nolan, Barton, Smith, and maybe even Perch all fighting for 2/3 positions when they are all fit. Not only that but so far this season Nolan, Smith, and Barton have all looked decent.

For as well as Routledge has done I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one to drop out. We'd still have the goals and end product from Carroll, Nolan, Barton & Ben Arfa, and I don't think he'll disrupt the Jonas/Jose partnership as Gutierrez's style of play helps Enrique bomb forward a lot more.