Colin Calderwood

Dave

Guest bimpy474

How was his record at Hibs?

Pretty dire. Lost half the games they played, never played good football, and slid from a regular european spot to relegation battlers.

The nail in the coffin was probably youth, though. Hibs have spent years living off their youth academy, which regularly churns out quality (well...SPL quality) players. But Calderwood completely failed to bring through any young talent. Which pretty much left Hibs up s*** creek. They've been awful this year.

In one year, feckin hell bit harsh, generally takes a tad longer, he may have joined when a batch had just gone through.

Guest CheickMansour

How was his record at Hibs?

Pretty dire. Lost half the games they played, never played good football, and slid from a regular european spot to relegation battlers.

The nail in the coffin was probably youth, though. Hibs have spent years living off their youth academy, which regularly churns out quality (well...SPL quality) players. But Calderwood completely failed to bring through any young talent. Which pretty much left Hibs up s*** creek. They've been awful this year.

In one year, feckin hell bit harsh, generally takes a tad longer, he may have joined when a batch had just gone through.

Hah fair enough, bit of a silly comment in hindsight. Still, I don't think he integrated them (the latest batch) into the first team very well. They need leadership to help them flourish - Calderwood didn't bring any in over the summer.

Having said that, I don't want to give the impression I begrudge him or anything. He worked well with Hughton when he was here and helped keep team spirit up... just don't feel he's ready for management yet.