Don't let our club down by going overboard like we did with the keegan sacking!

Guest Brazilianbob

Like someone said, the players are pissed off aswell! Theyre in the same boat as us, and will probably expect someone kind of response to the fat man - a response on the basis of standards if not anything else. They'd probably think 'are you hearing this mike?'. But ultimately I personally think a boycott of games on some kind of level should happen. I already had got tickets for Liverpool and Man City, but after that Im not sure im going to the rest of the games. No, your not going to get en empty stadium, but surley theres hope for a sizeable drop.

Pretty pathetic some of the comments here tbh. People have a right to be angry no matter who the next manager we appoint is. Chris Hughton did a lot for this club under ridiculous restrictions and our owner has treated him like a piece of trash. My patience with the man has ran out, what would he have to do to warrant a protest from you Bob? Shit on your carpet and wipe his arse with your curtains perhaps?  :lol:

Its nowt to do with people having the right to be angry or not, its about thinking about the consequences before you act on that anger.  Everyone here is angry (well 99%) and everyone here would probably feel much better after they protested against that fat twat.  But making ourselves feel better isn't the most important thing.  If I thought for a second that a protest would remove Ashley I'd do it, but we all know it won't.  What probably will happen is Ashley putting the club up for sale and in limbo with a temporary manager like Kinnear for the rest of the season which would seal our relegation.  Someone tell me how a protests helps NUFC and I'll join you.

We should give a big show of support for Hughton, NOT a direct protest against Ashley or the club in general.

Fair point, it's not about making ourselves feel better but with the seeming appointment of Pardew imminent it doesn't appear that Mike has learn't a lot from his tenure as owner of our club. What must be becoming evident to the people who follow Newcastle United is that Ashley is to put it simply not good at his job (to put it mildly). He has in his short time here managed to stumble into calamity after calamity, and I think it is in the best interest of this club for the fans to band together and do the only thing we can, protest.

I've never hated Ashley. I even like the fact that the man is unwilling to spend ridiculose amounts of money on players, aiming for the club to be debt free in the future. Creating an efficient club with a smaller more tight knit group of players. In contrast to the bloated money haemorrhaging monstrosity that is man city.

I logically (or so I assumed) thought that the man would want to protect his investment, and while the sacking of Keegan was a terrible thing for our club I thought that he as a self made billionaire would have plenty of backup plans to safe guard our club (his investment) from failure. I didn't even consider relegation to be a possibility when Keegan was sacked, my optimism began to fade with the appointment of Kinnear. My opinion of the man has been plummeting since.

I don't want to protest on saturday. I love my club and I love going to watch football at St. James Park, it's the highlight of my week win lose or draw. But if Pardew or some other has been is appointed to replace Chris Hughton I will no longer sit on the fence and hope for things to get better. It's a horrible thing being a football fan in our position in this day and age, we have no power at all to influence our club. The only way we can act, the only choice we have been left with is to act against Ashley and by extension our club. Teasy I know that if I and other like minded fans protest on saturday that it will hurt Newcastle United. But do you really not think that if we got fifty thousand fans to boycott the game (extreme example) that Ashley would realise that we can in fact hurt him. The only thing we can do is stop giving him our money. But that's our catch-22, we can't hurt what we hate without hurting what we love.

It's a horrible decision which will no doubt now split our fans in two. I fear we have dark times ahead.

Reading over that it's a bit bloody dramatic eh?

Precisely.

The point of a campaign should be to weaken Fat Fred's position before the next approach from Belgravia or suchlike.

There should be banners and chants, things people will notice on television, stuff commentators and reporters will have to mention, so that the next time even someone as shameless as he is can't chunder on about "the people of Tyneside" or the importance of having someone "who understands the club". We will have made it very clear what he's supposed to "understand".

Declining attendances would also concentrate his mind wonderfully.

But think about the consequences!!11!!!

Didn't need to be Golfmag to predict you'd dig that one up again for the 37th time.

Difference between Ashley and Shepherd: the latter was vulnerable to attacks on his finances. Hell, one chant of "sack the board" and he'd run off and blow loads of money we didn't have on a Luque or Owen. Protest, as you correctly pointed out earlier, is unlikely to affect Ashley's actions in any way whatsoever.

Not THAT hard to understand, is it? :lol:

I'll dig it up every time I see you hypocritically telling people they shouldn't protest because protesting is bad and will have dire consequences.

You encouraged protesting against Shepherd during games or boycotting games altogether despite acknowledging any reduction in income would directly affect the club negatively.

You thought exposing FIFA corruption before the WC vote was the right thing to do in spite of the threat of losing votes.

But you don't think anyone should air their anger at Ashley for sacking "a great young manager" - your words last month - for fear of the consequences despite acknowledging any reduction in income will have little effect on how he runs the club or any decision to sell?

???

That's pretty hard to understand. It's almost as if you just don't want people to protest against Ashley and are using a false argument you don't believe to try and scare or guilt people out of it as you know you're not going to get anywhere arguing against protesting on any other grounds.

No hypocrisy on my part, chum. I thought protest would have a positive outcome re. Freddie, and I don't believe that to be the case with Ashley.

You're making out that any protest against anything is exactly the same, that if you approve of protest in one circumstance then you have to approve of protest whenever it is likely to occur. Anyone with half a brain can see that's nothing but the purest bollocks. Your habit of continually quoting my four-year-old post out of context demonstrates nothing except the fact that you're either a fucking moron, or a hypocrite yourself.

Now why don't you run along and try to interpret set of accounts. We could all use a good laugh at the moment.

Precisely.

The point of a campaign should be to weaken Fat Fred's position before the next approach from Belgravia or suchlike.

There should be banners and chants, things people will notice on television, stuff commentators and reporters will have to mention, so that the next time even someone as shameless as he is can't chunder on about "the people of Tyneside" or the importance of having someone "who understands the club". We will have made it very clear what he's supposed to "understand".

Declining attendances would also concentrate his mind wonderfully.

But think about the consequences!!11!!!

Didn't need to be Golfmag to predict you'd dig that one up again for the 37th time.

Difference between Ashley and Shepherd: the latter was vulnerable to attacks on his finances. Hell, one chant of "sack the board" and he'd run off and blow loads of money we didn't have on a Luque or Owen. Protest, as you correctly pointed out earlier, is unlikely to affect Ashley's actions in any way whatsoever.

Not THAT hard to understand, is it? :lol:

I'll dig it up every time I see you hypocritically telling people they shouldn't protest because protesting is bad and will have dire consequences.

You encouraged protesting against Shepherd during games or boycotting games altogether despite acknowledging any reduction in income would directly affect the club negatively.

You thought exposing FIFA corruption before the WC vote was the right thing to do in spite of the threat of losing votes.

But you don't think anyone should air their anger at Ashley for sacking "a great young manager" - your words last month - for fear of the consequences despite acknowledging any reduction in income will have little effect on how he runs the club or any decision to sell?

???

That's pretty hard to understand. It's almost as if you just don't want people to protest against Ashley and are using a false argument you don't believe to try and scare or guilt people out of it as you know you're not going to get anywhere arguing against protesting on any other grounds.

No hypocrisy on my part, chum. I thought protest would have a positive outcome re. Freddie, and I don't believe that to be the case with Ashley.

You're making out that any protest against anything is exactly the same, that if you approve of protest in one circumstance then you have to approve of protest whenever it is likely to occur. Anyone with half a brain can see that's nothing but the purest bollocks. Your habit of continually quoting my four-year-old post out of context demonstrates nothing except the fact that you're either a fucking moron, or a hypocrite yourself.

Now why don't you run along and try to interpret set of accounts. We could all use a good laugh at the moment.

Were laughing at you still trying to hitch your raft onto the S.S. Ashley, despite the fact it has hit an iceberg, caught on fire and been torpedoed by a North Korean Sub, your still on the deck, trying to bail water out with a coke can.