Alan Pardew

JH

Out of all the one players who scored a goal in the game, one of them was  Newcastle player.

That's very relevant to the topic of passing, cheers. :thup:

Quite pertinent to the topic of winning football matches, which Alan Pardew (the perosn being discussed in this thread) is paid to do.  Just broadening the debate is all

I don't think anyone's debating that we won the game. :lol:

Guest Shaun

Out of all the one players who scored a goal in the game, one of them was  Newcastle player.

Quite pertinent to the topic of winning football matches, which Alan Pardew (the perosn being discussed in this thread) is paid to do.  Just broadening the debate is all

Could've fooled me.

We beat a confident Norwich side. Who don't forget, beat us 4-2 last time out.

Exactly  :celb1:

Could've fooled me.

a confident norwich side? we were raped 4-2 last time, were norwich confident back then?, so they been confident for how long then?

what about us then? what about our confidence, why can't we have their confidence?

The first half was a lot better than we've seen in a while, very annoying that we made no attempt to keep it up in the second.

We do not have infinite stamina. That said, our game plan is to score a few during the first half to finish them off. We wasted a few sitters and that leads to the pressure for 2nd half. i dont like it personally.

The first half was a lot better than we've seen in a while, very annoying that we made no attempt to keep it up in the second.

We do not have infinite stamina. That said, our game plan is to score a few during the first half to finish them off. We wasted a few sitters and that leads to the pressure for 2nd half. i dont like it personally.

didn't looked like we were that interested or desperate to finish them at all after the first goal, we pretty much crawled into our shells after the goal and attempted to counter for the rest of the half quite timidly.

Could've fooled me.

The point discussed is how we seem to win games by solitary goals usually dependent on some outstanding play by one of of Cisse, Ba or HBA instead of teamwork with a coherent formation and tactics (unless you consider the hoofing in the second half as tactics). The problem with the model that we are adopting is that we don't dominate games and can at anytime lose/draw games that in theory we should/can win. It also gives us next to zero chance (Man Utd game aside) of taking points of the top 4-6 teams even at home, which is what we should be targeting if we are serious on getting into Europe. Maybe some will have to wait till we get a tonking from Liverpool for the penny to drop.

everything else aside (i couldn't see the game here) was he playing a CM of perch & guthrie/gosling and cabaye in a wide area, with jonas at FB?  that's what i was told by a lad listening on the radio

surely none of that can be right?

first half

attack    cisse ba hba

midfield of cabaye perch guthrie

defence of jonas colo willo simpson

second half a few changes

went back to 442 and then 4411  sholas ended up playing as right wing did pretty well actually and gosling was playing behind BA.

everything else aside (i couldn't see the game here) was he playing a CM of perch & guthrie/gosling and cabaye in a wide area, with jonas at FB?  that's what i was told by a lad listening on the radio

except cabaye is playing centre. It isnt a 442 but a 433.

i was a little angry when pardew said oh we won and we had 8 senior players out injured.

fuck off with that shit, he really does sound like a con man when he comes out with shit like that,

8 players ! really???  like how many of those 8 players would have started today Pardew?  fuck off

first half

attack    cisse ba hba

went back to 442 and then 4411  sholas ended up playing as right wing did pretty well actually and gosling was playing behind BA.

and, again i'm led to believe, depsite all those changes we never really managed to get the ball down and play nor dominate norwich, norwich

i'm just not on board with pards like, great we're 6th but what alpal said is pretty much on the money

first half

attack    cisse ba hba

and, again i'm led to believe, depsite all those changes we never really managed to get the ball down and play nor dominate norwich, norwich

i'm just not on board with pards like, great we're 6th but what alpal said is pretty much on the money

yep, and to think, we were playing the same exact shoddy type of s*** last time round when we got raped 4-2 by the same norwich

i think its a great indication of how bad the teams are below us, then yet again they seem be able to get points off us or even beat us quite often. 

leaves me to the question, how the fuck are we in 6th.  the mind boggles.

leaves me to the question, how the f*** are we in 6th.  the mind boggles.

Because we win more games than the teams below us that you never shut the f*** up about.

ah that must be it .  and for a second i thought the teams below us have been unlucky lol

Krul GK

Coloccini CB

Santon LB

Williamson CB

Perch RB

Cabaye CM

Guthrie CM

Ben Arfa RW

Gutierrez LW

Cisse ST

Ba ST

changed one player, looks a pretty "balanced" 4-4-2 to me, again Ferguson is fit and available (apparently) but not worthy of a place on the bench

plenty of options if he decides to pick someone else capable of playing wide naturally, such as jonas at FB for the extra attacking threat and energy then said winger could start instead

defend him all you want, he's got options that he isn't using and then using the lack of options he has in his defence

The pair of you are like decrepit old women, man.

We don't play aesthetically pleasing football and we haven't done so for the vast majority of the season. This obviously can't be addressed until June. Get over it.