Alan Pardew

JH

A statement from Newcastle United Managing Director Derek Llambias

Now that the transfer window has closed, we have had some time to reflect on the business we have conducted over the summer.

Our aim was to secure young players who represented value for money and could add real strength to the squad. The majority of our transfer dealings were completed in the early part of the window and we feel we have signed some players of exceptional quality. Yohan Cabaye, Sylvain Marveaux, Mehdi Abeid, Demba Ba and Gabriel Obertan were all brought in early and we have seen these players settle quickly into the squad and perform well on the pitch.

Earlier this week we were delighted to sign Davide Santon from Inter Milan to fill our left-back position after the departure of Jose Enrique. Davide is an excellent young prospect and we're sure he'll be another superb addition to the squad. We also welcomed young goalkeeper Rob Elliot from Charlton Athletic who will help us retain healthy competition for that position after loaning out Fraser Forster to Celtic.

Of course we had also hoped to secure a further striker in the window, in addition to Demba Ba. Work to bring a striker into the club began early in the summer. Negotiations were complex and protracted and unfortunately it was disappointing that ultimately we could not secure our priority target.

Whilst we did turn our attention to alternative prospects in the latter stages of the window, we have a very clear transfer policy and will not make knee-jerk decisions at the last-minute which are not in the best interests of the club. We understand that supporters will feel frustrated that we did not sign another striker during the window, but it was not for lack of trying that we did not bring our final target in.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110902/newcastle-united-statement_2281670_2439966

Makes me sick that this is going to happen. Such a shit manager.

Hughton>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pardew

If he was instated obviously we would have no choice but to get behind the daft cunt, but any poor performances and fans would be calling for his head.

Guest Stephen927

I will give him a chance, of course I will, every fan should. It would be a questionable appointment but if it happens then he is the man who has been tasked with steering us to safety, and every fan should give him support at first.

I will give him a chance, of course I will, every fan should. It would be a questionable appointment but if it happens then he is the man who has been tasked with steering us to safety, and every fan should give him support at first.

Understatement of the year.

Whoever comes in we've got no choice but to give him a chance. Newcastle staying up is the most important thing. Protesting about the crazy decision to sack Hughton won't help that. Mike Ashley's insane decisions can't be blamed on whoever the new manager is. I'm hoping the new manager has a long enough honeymoon period to keep us up!