Right, now that that's out the way...

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't know how true this is or not but apparently when he talked to the players Pardew told them he couldn't give a fuck about the owner, the chairman or politics and just wants to win games. Regardless of your stance on things it will be interesting to see how he deals with the players, how they respond to him and how he reacts and responds back. The players are clearly upset about Hughton's sacking and are clearly pissed off with the powers that be but they are employed to play football, with Pardew employed to manage them. If he can win them over and get them playing as a team with unity, fight, spirit ect. he will have done well. Of course results are the key, first he needs to unite the players though and get them onside and working towards his ways otherwise there will be no results or rather poor results. Today's win can be attributed to an honest set of lads who were determined not to get beat and to win for themselves. They did that. Now its over to Pardew really.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I don't know how true this is or not but apparently when he talked to the players Pardew told them he couldn't give a f*** about the owner, the chairman or politics and just wants to win games. Regardless of your stance on things it will be interesting to see how he deals with the players, how they respond to him and how he reacts and responds back. The players are clearly upset about Hughton's sacking and are clearly pissed off with the powers that be but they are employed to play football, with Pardew employed to manage them. If he can win them over and get them playing as a team with unity, fight, spirit ect. he will have done well. Of course results are the key, first he needs to unite the players though and get them onside and working towards his ways otherwise there will be no results or rather poor results. Today's win can be attributed to an honest set of lads who were determined not to get beat and to win for themselves. They did that. Now its over to Pardew really.

Did this need a thread?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Why are people so touchy about new threads these days?

Just let people have their say ffs.

People can still have their say in threads, we don't need a million threads on the same thing. Similar thoughts to the OP's have been echoed in the Pardew thread.

Guest Howaythetoon

Ah... so is this how things work these days on here, anything remotely related to Alan Pardew has to go in the "official Alan Pardew thread"?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Ah... so is this how things work these days on here, anything remotely related to Alan Pardew has to go in the "official Alan Pardew thread"?

I apologise if I came across as a prick, I like things nice and organised in corresponding threads :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

I apologise if I came across as a prick, I like things nice and organised in corresponding threads :lol:

Nah, you're areet man and I'm normally the same but I do like your smaller threads rather than the mega threads and although I know people have touched on the core of my point or points in the "official" Pardew thread I still think its an issue that can be more expanded on outside of the way the core point of that particular thread, i.e. his actual appointment and the reaction to that. Anyhoo...

I don't know how true this is or not but apparently when he talked to the players Pardew told them he couldn't give a f*** about the owner, the chairman or politics and just wants to win games. Regardless of your stance on things it will be interesting to see how he deals with the players, how they respond to him and how he reacts and responds back. The players are clearly upset about Hughton's sacking and are clearly pissed off with the powers that be but they are employed to play football, with Pardew employed to manage them. If he can win them over and get them playing as a team with unity, fight, spirit ect. he will have done well. Of course results are the key, first he needs to unite the players though and get them onside and working towards his ways otherwise there will be no results or rather poor results. Today's win can be attributed to an honest set of lads who were determined not to get beat and to win for themselves. They did that. Now its over to Pardew really.

Interesting to hear that - what are your personal thoughts on that HTT? As you've been pretty adamant on  your stance against AP's association with the club.

If thats true, great, I hope he said that and I hope they get on board.  I feel like with Kevin Nolan as our captain, the players will respond to him and he will have told them to get on with the job and play football for their own pride, the fans, the club itself, and do what the gaffer says.  I'm sure that is what Chris would have told them too, and I think the players in the dressing room know that.  They've been through this before (some of them)...and they know how hard they've worked to get back in the Premiership, they don't want to be a laughing stock again.  Its about pride, commitment, and trust in the man standing next to you on the pitch.  Do that, and our magnificent supporters will be by their side willing them on.

Why are people so touchy about new threads these days?

Just let people have their say ffs.

otherwise why bother having a forum?

also take a look at smb if you wonder about the need for new threads,

Just be grateful it was kept down to one paragraph.