We always back our managers at Newcastle....

Guest Toon1981

you said 300,000 earlier  :lol: the point is straightforward, if he was so well known, why didnt' someone else want him, especially Liverpool, rather than wait until he cost over 2m a few years later ? You know he wasn't, thats why he only cost us 125,000 quid, from Canada too.

You're a liar.

bluebiggrin.gif

£300,000 or £500,000 doesn't matter in the slightest, he was still being chased by Man U, you denying it makes you a liar, me stating a fact doesn't make me a liar it just shows your desperation to be right again, even when wrong, again.

A few quotes about Beardsley from lying websites.

http://www.geordie.co.uk/articles/peter.htm

He made enough of an impact for word to get back to Manchester United who brought him home for £300,000 in 1982 but he made just one Fottball league Cup appearance for them before a first spell at Newcastle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Beardsley

Beardsley was released as a teenager by hometown club Newcastle United but found his way back there in 1983 after successful spells with Carlisle United and Canadian outfit Vancouver Whitecaps. He then rejoined the Magpies after a short spell with Manchester United who only played him in one League Cup tie before letting him leave.

http://www.lfchistory.net/player_profile.asp?player_id=264

Other clubs:  Carlisle, Vancouver Whitecaps, Manchester United, Newcastle, Everton, Newcastle (2), Bolton, Man City (loan), Fulham (loan), Hartlepool, Doncaster.

http://www.englandfc.com/Profiles/php/PlayerProfileByName.php?id=91

Wallsend Boys Club, Carlisle United, Vancouver Whitecaps (Canada), Manchester United, Newcastle United, Liverpool.

you said 300,000 earlier  :lol: the point is straightforward, if he was so well known, why didnt' someone else want him, especially Liverpool, rather than wait until he cost over 2m a few years later ? You know he wasn't, thats why he only cost us 125,000 quid, from Canada too.

You're a liar.

bluebiggrin.gif

£300,000 or £500,000 doesn't matter in the slightest, he was still being chased by Man U, you denying it makes you a liar, me stating a fact doesn't make me a liar it just shows your desperation to be right again, even when wrong, again.

making ONE appearance for manu, made him well known ???????? haha....funny as fcuk thickmick. As I said, why didn't he move to Liverpool then, rather than a few years later for 2m+ , how come nobody else wanted him when we signed him for 150 grand ?

How come he didn't win an England cap until 1986 ? You're surpassing yourself .. As I have said in an earlier post, I was in the south of England, and NOBODY had heard of him.

You're a liar.

Saying something over and over doesn't make it true.

I wonder if McDermott was well known as well, he was obviously a hugely ambitious signing by the manager, massive funds released by the Board for Terry Mac and what a battle we had to get him.  After a very short time his performances had shown him to be a very good player, destined for a great career at Liverpool and England. Of course some only saw him because we had a cup run and thought we had signed a top quality established player.

bluelaugh.gif

is that a sign of you dozing thro it all again. you dozed thro the McKeag days refusing to critcise, now you're doing the same again.

you're wrong, it was McKeag and your monkey, who he admires, that did that.

I don't believe message board existed during the McKeag years, does that mean you weren't a fan of the club then either

bluesleep.gif

sorry that's too subtle, who was my "monkey", and who admires whom ?

As there was no message boards, I wrote to the chairman to complain, I criticised him in fan magazines, I tried to change people's sycophantic views of the board.  There were still people around who argued that McKeag was better than Westwood, and that we should be careful what we wished for as it could always be worse. McKeag spent £2m in 1988, backing his manager, no other chairman had backed his manager like that.

:lol:

complete rubbish.

Mick will be here soon to back up his brother in this lie. I was definitely around at the time and I don't recall anybody making any such claims, never even heard of this suggestion before either. As you say, complete rubbish and indicates macbeth wasn't around at the time either.

They really are like reformed smokers. Having deserted the club because we were crap they came back as 'life long supporters' on the back of a supposed promise of trophies, now babbling on like 5 year olds because it hasn't happened. They could always bugger off again......but then they won't do that until we're shit.

Just because you and NE5 are brothers has no relevance to others being related, the two are unconnected apart from in your heads.  Saying it as much as you want will not make the slightest difference.

losing the plot rather than answer the question  :lol:

Saying something over and over doesn't make it true.

I wonder if McDermott was well known as well, he was obviously a hugely ambitious signing by the manager, massive funds released by the Board for Terry Mac and what a battle we had to get him.  After a very short time his performances had shown him to be a very good player, destined for a great career at Liverpool and England. Of course some only saw him because we had a cup run and thought we had signed a top quality established player.

bluelaugh.gif

....... that was the first time round though, we picked him up for peanuts from Bury, sold him to a big club for a profit, then bought him back again for peanuts when he was past his best. But as usual thickmick dresses it up as a big signing, the alternative is that he really thinks it was a big signing, but real supporters of the club at the time know that it is as I have described.

Thickmick once again showing he's a KK bandwagon jumper who knows nowt about the club.

You're a liar.

bluebiggrin.gif

making ONE appearance for manu, made him well known ???????? haha....funny as fcuk thickmick. As I said, why didn't he move to Liverpool then, rather than a few years later for 2m+ , how come nobody else wanted him when we signed him for 150 grand ?

How come he didn't win an England cap until 1986 ? You're surpassing yourself .. As I have said in an earlier post, I was in the south of England, and NOBODY had heard of him.

You're a liar.

Making one appearance for Man U proves what I said was right and something you appear to have denied, that he was well known enough to Man U and as your brother mentions, saying that he wasn't enough times will not change that.

You're a liar.

bluebiggrin.gif

You're a liar.

Making one appearance for Man U proves what I said was right and something you appear to have denied, that he was well known enough to Man U and as your brother mentions, saying that he wasn't enough times will not change that.

so, as I asked you earlier, does that mean every player manu signed back then was "well known"  :lol: :lol: :lol:

As I said, if he was so "well known" why did he not go to a big club for more than 150 grand, and why did nobody want him but us, and why had Liverpool not heard of him, choosing to pay 2m+ for him a few years later ?

And, as I said, I was working down the south coast and nobody had heard of him.

Will your monkey, or brother, or whoever, be along later to back up your lies ? And why haven't you backed up his rubbish about McKeag that he posted earlier

so, as I asked you earlier, does that mean every player manu signed back then was "well known"  :lol: :lol: :lol:

As I said, if he was so "well known" why did he not go to a big club for more than 150 grand, and why did nobody want him but us, and why had Liverpool not heard of him, choosing to pay 2m+ for him a few years later ?

Will your monkey, or brother, or whoever, be along later to back up your lies ? And why haven't you backed up his rubbish about McKeag that he posted earlier

My monkey?  I thought I was his monkey.

You've quoted "well known" above, who are you quoting?

is that a sign of you dozing thro it all again. you dozed thro the McKeag days refusing to critcise, now you're doing the same again.

I don't believe message board existed during the McKeag years, does that mean you weren't a fan of the club then either

bluesleep.gif

As there was no message boards, I wrote to the chairman to complain, I criticised him in fan magazines, I tried to change people's sycophantic views of the board.  There were still people around who argued that McKeag was better than Westwood, and that we should be careful what we wished for as it could always be worse. McKeag spent £2m in 1988, backing his manager, no other chairman had backed his manager like that.

complete rubbish.

You're probably right. When it is plain to see such incompotence who on earth would back the chairman the way I suggest above ?

bluesleep.gif

complete rubbish.

You're probably right . When it is plain to see such incompotence who on earth would back the chairman the way I suggest above ?

errr...aye.

And thanks. I am pleased you think a chairman who presided over a failed share issue in 1990/91 that only raised half of 2.5m quid, half of the 1.25 that was raised coming from newcastle breweries, couldn't do any worse, as a result of 30 years of true mediocrity selling your best players and playing in front of less than a half full ground

No doubt that your monkey, or brother, will be along to support your lies

My monkey?  I thought I was his monkey.

You've quoted "well known" above, who are you quoting?

Liar, idiot, and KK bandwagon jumper too boot. Amazing you can't tell us which clubs attempted to buy a future England international for only 150 grand in 1983, as he was so well known, according to you.

Liar, idiot, and KK bandwagon jumper too boot. Amazing you can't tell us which clubs attempted to buy a future England international for only 150 grand in 1983, as he was so well known, according to you.

Amazing.

bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

Amazing.

bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

True.

Along with my facts of the failed share issue, and the fact that Beardsley was not well known. I realise you are going to continue peddling lies though. All you have to do is name the clubs that turned down a chance to sign such a brilliant well known player for a pittance .....

Liar. Again   :lol:

True.

Along with my facts of the failed share issue, and the fact that Beardsley was not well known. I realise you are going to continue peddling lies though. All you have to do is name the clubs that turned down a chance to sign such a brilliant well known player for a pittance .....

Check these links out, you'll see your first post where you said "Beardsley was an unheard of youngster."

Lies: by the usual suspect

Then you'll see my post in reply to yours, I said "Beardsley was unheard of?  OK so his trial at Man U under Ron Atkinson didn't happen, Man U didn't offer to pay Vancouver something like £300k, talk about distorting the facts, he was also known enough to our club to be given a trial at Newcastle before he went to Carlisle."

Truth: by me

Which part of the above is wrong?

True.

Check these links out, you'll see your first post where you said "Beardsley was an unheard of youngster."

Lies: by the usual suspect

Then you'll see my post in reply to yours, I said "Beardsley was unheard of?  OK so his trial at Man U under Ron Atkinson didn't happen, Man U didn't offer to pay Vancouver something like £300k, talk about distorting the facts, he was also known enough to our club to be given a trial at Newcastle before he went to Carlisle."

Truth: by me

Which part of the above is wrong?

nobody else outside manu had heard of him ? Which is of course why the 20-30 clubs that were better than us at the time, didn't outbid us when we bought him  :lol:

How thick can you get ?