We always back our managers at Newcastle....

Guest Toon1981

Your complete inability to equate the fact that ambition = spending money and attempting to be successful,  and no ambition = selling your best players and/or creating a situation where even locally born quality players see no future with you, are different actions undertaken by boards of directors with completely opposite outlooks,  is mind boggling.

To me that reads that you think Ridsdale was the most ambitious of chairman, and that the chairman who had to take over after him was totally unambitious.

I could at this point do a NE5ism and say "so you think Ridsdale would be better than Shepherd", and quote it for the next year, every time Shepehrd is mentioned.

Of course I wouldn't do that.

Maybe.

Like I said. Westwood, Mckeag, etc...and Bob Murray would have loved you .....

There are plenty of others who you can recruit to your cause ?

Or are you obsessed with me because unlike some I can see you talk tripe  :lol:

Adam Crozier  :lol:

It was Arthur Cox who did it, by the way. He tracked him for ages, not the board who were so shite and narrow minded, they needed the brewery sponsorship money to or he wouldn't have got here at all.

as opposed to Owen say who we only got because of Northern Rock. Why do you look down at brewery money, but admire Building Soceity money.

It would have been far better, if the board then had been a decent board, buying England players, maybe win a trophy or two, not losing good managers ie Lee and Cox, and we had played in europe as often as we have done since they were booted out like.

??

I see. And Keegan bust the clubs [ex world record] transfer fee did he ? As clueless as ever.

Do you save Green Shield stamps  :lol:

here is a thread, that you have appeared to avoid. Why not answer it, before you adopt your "damned whatever they do" stand in the usual head up the arse style. I've bumped it to make it easier.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,31684.0.html

Macbeth

Do you believe, like your close mate, that the Board(s) of 60's, 70's and 80's that almost emptied SJP showed as much ambition for success as the current Board?

Yes or no will do.

Thanks 

No. That board showed no ambition at all.

Do you see the financial mess that the current board have managed us into, as being acceptable ? So, after 9 (or 15 if you wish) years of being responsible for the finances of the club do you view them as being successful as they have us losing £1m per month ?

Yes or no will do.

Thanks

I see. And Keegan bust the clubs [ex world record] transfer fee did he ? As clueless as ever.

Do you save Green Shield stamps  :lol:

here is a thread, that you have appeared to avoid. Why not answer it, before you adopt your "damned whatever they do" stand in the usual head up the arse style. I've bumped it to make it easier.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,31684.0.html

So select the scenario....

A) The Board should gamble by spending cash in January in an effort to avoid relegation, in the knowledge that we may still go down and then what......? One division down, bigger debt.......

B) The Board should be prudent with the finances and refuse to release any funds, meaning we go with the current squad and try to avoid the drop with what we have.

I hadn't seen that thread, and I've only read the first page.

The board should not be in the situation where they have to gamble with the club's finances. Except when they release figures every 6 months they are the sole guardins of the club's finances. They have consciously taklen us to where we are.

When ever the club have spent money the board have approved it. They explicitly say in the report this week that it is their sole responsibility, no one elses. This is how it should be.

We should never ever have to gamble of spending. They have always known how much money is available. If the club has spent £50m over the last two summers then that is the boards view of how much the club could afford. I would expect they have no money tyo spend in January. Nothign has changed form August, we have had no unexpected CL money so hopefully they spent all they could afford in the summer.

There is an optin on C.

Option C is the real extension of option A. Option C is that we spend, more than we can afford on trying to stay up, and we go down. Our fall would be harder than Leeds.

So I think that means B.

thick Mick resorting to editing peoples posts rather than answer questions when he is proven to be an idiot.

If he can't see that showing ambition means you are making an attempt to win the trophies - something the old board NEVER did - then its nothing other than categoric proof that he isn't a long term supporter of the club, and never has been. In other words, a liar. Or the thickest person going .....   :lol: fantastically hilarious.

Buying players such as Owen and Woodgate is the same as selling Gazza, Beardsley and Waddle...so superbly dense you just couldn't make it up in a million years.  :lol:

I take it that you only noticed the edit and not the reply. bluelaugh.gif

As a player ? An inspired version of what people now call a "trophy signing" if ever you wanted one. A big name, outstanding player, past his best and having played his last game for England, to deflect from the fact that the club was a nothing 2nd division club, with no real intention of ever going anywhere.

It was Arthur Cox who did it, by the way. He tracked him for ages, not the board who were so shite and narrow minded, they needed the brewery sponsorship money to or he wouldn't have got here at all.

It would have been far better, if the board then had been a decent board, buying England players, maybe win a trophy or two, not losing good managers ie Lee and Cox, and we had played in europe as often as we have done since they were booted out like.

We signed the England captain to take the team into the first division, we also brought in Terry Mac and Beardsley, this was hardly done to hide anything, I'm sure they did do it to try and turn the club around, this was the one and only time the club tried to do something after relegation.

Arthur Cox had been terrible until Keegan, the current England captain came to the club, until that time we were going nowhere fast.  Keegan came to Newcastle partly because of family connections to the area, that was hardly down to Arthur Cox.

The brewery did pay part of his wages and Keegan did Talk In's to help give something back to the brewery, I went to one of these and spoke to both Keegan and John Gibson afterwards.  Keegan told me that he'd wanted to play for Newcastle since he played against us in the FA Cup final for Liverpool, he said our support that day made the hairs stand up on the back of his neck and he wanted to experience playing in front of us every week, his words, not mine.

Keegan liked cox, he said he was a bit like Shankly when it came to how much effort he put into the game as manager.

I'm also sure that they brought Jack Charlton in because they saw his previous record and thought he'd do a good job, Jackie Milburn was quoted by Peter Beardsley as saying that he thought the club would be in good hands with Charlton, or words to that effect, Beardsley said so in his book.

As for Lee going, most of the fans were over the moon at the time although you remember the Leazes singing "Gordon we love you."   bluelaugh.gif

None of the above makes Shepherd any better or worse than he is, that's down to him, not those who went before him.

To me that reads that you think Ridsdale was the most ambitious of chairman, and that the chairman who had to take over after him was totally unambitious.

I could at this point do a NE5ism and say "so you think Ridsdale would be better than Shepherd", and quote it for the next year, every time Shepehrd is mentioned.

Of course I wouldn't do that.

Maybe.

Shepherd is excellent yet Ellis who finished above us more in the league is shite, the league being the holy grail when it suits NE5, work that one out.

Macbeth

Do you believe, like your close mate, that the Board(s) of 60's, 70's and 80's that almost emptied SJP showed as much ambition for success as the current Board?

Yes or no will do.

Thanks 

"Close mate"  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif That appears to be desperation, I can honestly say I've never knowingly met Macbeth in my life, can you say the same about NE5?

How do you class spending as ambition to win something?

Does my brother spending £10 on the lottery mean he's more ambitious to win it than me because I only spend a £5?

As a player ? An inspired version of what people now call a "trophy signing" if ever you wanted one. A big name, outstanding player, past his best and having played his last game for England, to deflect from the fact that the club was a nothing 2nd division club, with no real intention of ever going anywhere.

We signed the England captain to take the team into the first division, we also brought in Terry Mac and Beardsley, this was hardly done to hide anything, I'm sure they did do it to try and turn the club around, this was the one and only time the club tried to do something after relegation.

Arthur Cox had been terrible until Keegan, the current England captain came to the club, until that time we were going nowhere fast.  Keegan came to Newcastle partly because of family connections to the area, that was hardly down to Arthur Cox.

The brewery did pay part of his wages and Keegan did Talk In's to help give something back to the brewery, I went to one of these and spoke to both Keegan and John Gibson afterwards.  Keegan told me that he'd wanted to play for Newcastle since he played against us in the FA Cup final for Liverpool, he said our support that day made the hairs stand up on the back of his neck and he wanted to experience playing in front of us every week, his words, not mine.

Keegan liked cox, he said he was a bit like Shankly when it came to how much effort he put into the game as manager.

I'm also sure that they brought Jack Charlton in because they saw his previous record and thought he'd do a good job, Jackie Milburn was quoted by Peter Beardsley as saying that he thought the club would be in good hands with Charlton, or words to that effect, Beardsley said so in his book.

As for Lee going, most of the fans were over the moon at the time although you remember the Leazes singing "Gordon we love you."   bluelaugh.gif

None of the above makes Shepherd any better or worse than he is, that's down to him, not those who went before him.

Distorting of facts. Again. Hardly surprising. Its amazing how you compare the old board, buying ex England players who are past their best ie Keegan and McDermott, with one who buys current England players like the current one. Beardsley was an unheard of youngster, stop painting the picture he was a major player, because he wasn't. He became one, then pissed off because he knew his own hometown club was a load of shite and not worth playing for.

I know Keegan wanted to play for Newcastle because of the support at the FA Cup Final. I explained this and why I thought so once to Knightrider/HTT via pm, who will confirm it to be true.

You are right. The Leazes End was singing for Lee to stay. Do you always have it in for people who give us a team that qualifies for europe via the front door ?  :lol:

They brought in Jack Charlton because he had a reputation for being a tight git with money and they thought he would give them a good team on the cheap, which he duly attempted to do. The same as Lee actually. But Lee did give us a good team, which people realised too late. Why do you think the players were going to strike when he went ..... and why do you think he left, and bought England players for Everton and not Newcastle ?

More priceless comments that shows how much you really know and understand.

Macbeth

Yes or no will do.

Thanks 

"Close mate"  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif That appears to be desperation, I can honestly say I've never knowingly met Macbeth in my life, can you say the same about NE5?

How do you class spending as ambition to win something?

Does my brother spending £10 on the lottery mean he's more ambitious to win it than me because I only spend a £5?

I would say, yes, he was. Don't you think so ?  :lol: Keep them rolling, you're a scream.

Distorting of facts. Again. Hardly surprising. Its amazing how you compare the old board, buying ex England players who are past their best ie Keegan and McDermott, with one who buys current England players like the current one. Beardsley was an unheard of youngster, stop painting the picture he was a major player, because he wasn't. He became one, then pissed off because he knew his own hometown club was a load of shite and not worth playing for.

You are right. The Leazes End was singing for Lee to stay. Do you always have it in for people who give us a team that qualifies for europe via the front door ?  :lol:

Another priceless comment that shows how much you really know and understand.

Beardsley was unheard of?  OK so his trial at Man U under Ron Atkinson didn't happen, Man U didn't offer to pay Vancouver something like £300k, talk about distorting the facts, he was also known enough to our club to be given a trial at Newcastle before he went to Carlisle. bluelaugh.gif

I didn't say that "the leazes end was singing for Lee to stay," I was quoting you.  You've made that claim before and have not proven it.  The supporters didn't even know Lee was going until he was gone, the players didn't even know as far as I'm aware. bluelaugh.gif

Another priceless comment that shows how much you really know and understand.

Beardsley was unheard of?  OK so his trial at Man U under Ron Atkinson didn't happen, Man U didn't offer to pay Vancouver something like £300k, talk about distorting the facts, he was also known enough to our club to be given a trial at Newcastle before he went to Carlisle. bluelaugh.gif

I didn't say that "the leazes end was singing for Lee to stay," I was quoting you.  You've made that claim before and have not proven it.  The supporters didn't even know Lee was going until he was gone, the players didn't even know as far as I'm aware. bluelaugh.gif

Beardsley wasn't very well known, that is why he went to Canada.

Shows what you know, ref Lee. Everyone knew he was going. The players knew, and those in the Leazes who were singing certainly knew as well.

You can answer the rest of the post if you like ...

:lol:

I would say, yes, he was. Don't you think so ?  :lol: Keep them rolling, you're a scream.

You would say he was because it fits with what you're trying to say, I think he's not and I know him better than you, I know him as well as you know HTL, the only person to back you up. bluebiggrin.gif

Shows what you know. Everyone knew he was going. The players knew, and those in the Leazes who were singing certainly knew as well.

Another fact dropped out of the NE5 fact file known as his head. bluebiggrin.gif

Anyway, why do you call yourself Leazes on other forums, should it not be West Stand Paddock? bluelaugh.gif

You would say he was because it fits with what you're trying to say, I think he's not and I know him better than you, I know him as well as you know HTL, the only person to back you up. bluebiggrin.gif

I wouldn't mind if I was the only one who said what I say, when I know that I am right. Most supporters who supported the club pre-1992 will say the board was unambitious and ran the club into disarray, whereas the current board have saved it and behaved totally differently. The obvious conclusion is you are one who didn't support the club, particularly when the results sheets backs up what I say and not what you say.

Shows what you know. Everyone knew he was going. The players knew, and those in the Leazes who were singing certainly knew as well.

Another fact dropped out of the NE5 fact file known as his head. bluebiggrin.gif

Anyway, why do you call yourself Leazes on other forums, should it not be West Stand Paddock? bluelaugh.gif

why don't you call yourself thick, instead of Mick, on other forums  :lol:

And yep, my comment about Lee is a fact. I was there. And heard it. Whats your opinion on him going, and us qualifying for europe through the front door with the team he left behind after he left for Everton ... why did he go ? Why do you have it in for people who qualify for europe through the front door ? If you are one of those who think he shouldn't have sold MacDonald, how did we do better without him ?

Even MacDonald says himself now that Lee was right to sell him, as his knee was buggered and they all knew it.

I wouldn't mind if I was the only one who said what I say, when I know that I am right. Most supporters who supported the club pre-1992 will say the board was unambitious and ran the club into disarray, whereas the current board have saved it and behaved totally differently. The obvious conclusion is you are one who didn't support the club, particularly when the results sheets backs up what I say and not what you say.

The board pre-1992 were not very ambitious but I think they were when they brought Keegan and the others in.

I'm not sure Shepherd is ambitious for anything other than taking money out of the club, results prove that as we've dropped from 2nd in the league to where we are now while he's guided the club as chairman, the league table backs that up.

The only people to benefit from our football club under shepherd has been him and the Halls, they've taken £millions out.  I forgot about the managers he's appointed and sacked, add them to the list, the record loss backs that up.

i really don't know much about the running of the club/finances/etc...so don't get annoyed with me for this question, but doesn't shepard have a vested interest in the club doing well, as then he'd be able to take even more money out? surely if money is his only goal, then he would want the team to better.

once again, i dont know much on the subject...

why don't you call yourself thick, instead of Mick, on other forums  :lol:

And yep, my comment about Lee is a fact. I was there. And heard it. Whats your opinion on him going, and us qualifying for europe through the front door with the team he left behind after he left for Everton ... why did he go ? Why do you have it in for people who qualify for europe through the front door ? If you are one of those who think he shouldn't have sold MacDonald, how did we do better without him ?

Even MacDonald says himself now that Lee was right to sell him, as his knee was buggered and they all knew it.

I very rarely go on other forums and use my own name when I do, if I did I wouldn't lie about who I was, unlike some. bluelaugh.gif

I was over the moon that he went, at the time.  The fact that we were later relegated was as much down to the directors for allowing player power as much as it was down to them for selecting the wrong manager, it was also the team that Lee built which got us relegated, not that it makes Shepherd any better.

I was also over the moon that we qualified for Europe without him, are you putting that down to Lee?  If you are then do you put our European football this season down to Souness? bluebiggrin.gif

I was one of those who thought that we shouldn't have sold him at the time, if the club knew he was knackered then they did well to sell him.  I've never heard Macdonald say that so I'll have to take your word for it.

i really don't know much about the running of the club/finances/etc...so don't get annoyed with me for this question, but doesn't shepard have a vested interest in the club doing well, as then he'd be able to take even more money out? surely if money is his only goal, then he would want the team to better.

It depends if he wanted to buy cheap shares or not, the worse we do, the lower the shares are priced at and and he gets more for his money/dividend.

The board pre-1992 were not very ambitious but I think they were when they brought Keegan and the others in.

I'm not sure Shepherd is ambitious for anything other than taking money out of the club, results prove that as we've dropped from 2nd in the league to where we are now while he's guided the club as chairman, the league table backs that up.

The only people to benefit from our football club under shepherd has been him and the Halls, they've taken £millions out.  I forgot about the managers he's appointed and sacked, add them to the list, the record loss backs that up.

They hadn't the slightest intention to build on getting Keegan, proven conclusively by Cox leaving as soon as we were promoted. Fact is, they sat back knowing they had Waddle and Beardsley coming through, thinking it would be enough to stay in the top league. They were happy with that, and always were happy with just that. Signing Keegan when we were a mediocre 2nd division club was what I said earlier to pp......classic "trophy player" to kid fans they think big when they don't, and nothing else. 

The sad thing, from your post, that you still don't grasp, is we don't have a divine right to stay 2nd in the league and appoint another Keegan. The club has appointed big name trophy winners and backed them heavily so if you don't see that as ambitious and hoping to be where we were under Keegan, then I fail to see what your own criteria would be.

They hadn't the slightest intention to build on getting Keegan, proven conclusively by Cox leaving as soon as we were promoted. Fact is, they sat back knowing they had Waddle and Beardsley coming through, thinking it would be enough to stay in the top league. They were happy with that, and always were happy with just that. Signing Keegan when we were a mediocre 2nd division club was what I said earlier to pp......classic "trophy player" to kid fans they think big when they don't, and nothing else. 

If Keegan was a trophy signing then why did they buy the others?

You're probably right about them thinking that Beardsley and Waddle were enough after that, I'll not defend them but I think they made Charlton manager because they expected him to do well.

He played boring football and got stick for the rubbish we played and then spat the dummy out against Sheffield United when the fans started chanting for his head.

you are quite right James. They must want the team to do well, it benefits everybody. They have allowed all their managers money to attempt it. Don;t let anyone kid you that a dividend of a couple of million quid a year is the difference between us winning stuff or not, because it isn't. All the managers have had enough regardless. They choose to back their managers because they want them to be successful, and lots of clubs don't do this.

If Keegan was a trophy signing then why did they buy the others?

You're probably right about them thinking that Beardsley and Waddle were enough after that, I'll not defend them but I think they made Charlton manager because they expected him to do well.

He played boring football and got stick for the rubbish we played and then spat the dummy out against Sheffield United when the fans started chanting for his head.

Charlton was always against spending money on footballers. It suited them. I'm sure they hoped he would do well, but they knew it would be on the cheap if it happened. Who exactly do you mean when you said "buy the others " ? Heard, Riley, Cunningham, Trewick, Ryan, Albert Craig, Darren Jackson, Andy Thomas etc [between Charlton, McFaul and cox]. Or do you think they compare with Owen, Dyer, Woodgate, Jenas, Bellamy, Robert, Viana, Goma, Duff, Parker etc .... not to mention selling GAzza, Beardsley and Waddle....as you think the boards are the same ..........