Wigan vs Newcastle United pre game thread - Sun 2nd Jan at 4pm (live on Sky)

Guest Tall Striker

Guest Heneage

What a bunch of manic depressives.  :lol:

Who, the team or this lot on this thread? :lol:

The latter mate.

N'zogbia is missing for Wigan and Carroll for us. We have Nolan coming back and a good away record it's far from lost.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Why are people putting Xisco in?? Bit too much Xmas sherry for some I think.

No chance Best, Xisco or Ranger will start.

The latter mate.

N'zogbia is missing for Wigan and Carroll for us. We have Nolan coming back and a good away record it's far from lost.

Aye, missing the player that has scored 6 in the last 9. Aren't we stupid for being a little concerned :rolleyes:

Guest Heneage

The latter mate.

Aye, missing the player that has scored 6 in the last 9. Aren't we stupid for being a little concerned :rolleyes:

I don't debate the task just got harder but people already saying the game's fucking lost man it's cringe. It's going to be a very tight game imo and I can really see us sneaking it.

We have next to no goal threat without Carroll

Apparently that's a good thing with Nixon. Because we've got a 'good away record' - forgetting the fact that of the three wins and one draw we've got this season, Carroll scored the winner twice and got us the point at Wolves.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Apparently that's a good thing with Nixon. Because we've got a 'good away record' - forgetting the fact that of the three wins and one draw we've got this season, Carroll scored the winner twice and got us the point at Wolves.

Exactly.

Almost all of our goals, home or away, come through Carroll. I've got no idea where goals are going to come from. In fact, it shows how heavily reliant we are on this young player.

We will be areet, we've got the Tyneside legend that is Shola Abamobi, he is mint.

You're hugely over-reacting to what Nixon said.

Guest Heneage

:lol: Grow up Jonny

We have goals elsewhere yes it got a lot harder without Carroll but it's not impossible to suggest we could win. Stranger things have happened.

I'm just trying to explain why people, understandably, are acting as if the game is already over. Because the only guy that seems to be scoring at the minute is not going to play - we don't score, we don't win.

We have goals elsewhere yes it got a lot harder without Carroll but it's not impossible to suggest we could win. Stranger things have happened.

Grow up? It's a valid point man. Carroll is the only player scoring consistently at the minute. Shola isn't going to magically find his goalscoring feet, Nolan can't carry the team (he can barely carry himself at times).

:lol:

Guest Heneage

Grow up? It's a valid point man. Carroll is the only player scoring consistently at the minute. Shola isn't going to magically find his goalscoring feet, Nolan can't carry the team (he can barely carry himself at times).

You're being totally OTT.

Barton and Nolan have scored of late as well, all I'm saying is the game is far from lost and I'd imagine Wigan are shitting it just as much as we are without Carroll.

wtf is going on :lol: How am I being 'OTT' at all? I don't think we stand a chance without Carroll. I'm hardly going "Oh no! He's going to be out forever! We're going down! and down again!"

I'm just trying to explain why people, understandably, are acting as if the game is already over. Because the only guy that seems to be scoring at the minute is not going to play - we don't score, we don't win.

That's exactly the point though, it isn't understandable. I can understand people being negative because of it but to practically say there's no point in turning up is stupid. We're playing Wigan, not Man Utd.

That's exactly the point though, it isn't understandable. I can understand people being negative because of it but to practically say there's no point in turning up is stupid. We're playing Wigan, not Man Utd.

Nobody's saying that there's no point in turning up, practically or otherwise.