Wigan vs Newcastle United pre game thread - Sun 2nd Jan at 4pm (live on Sky)

Guest Tall Striker

We have next to no goal threat without Carroll

Apparently that's a good thing with Nixon. Because we've got a 'good away record' - forgetting the fact that of the three wins and one draw we've got this season, Carroll scored the winner twice and got us the point at Wolves.

You're hugely over-reacting to what Nixon said.

I'm just trying to explain why people, understandably, are acting as if the game is already over. Because the only guy that seems to be scoring at the minute is not going to play - we don't score, we don't win.

That's exactly the point though, it isn't understandable. I can understand people being negative because of it but to practically say there's no point in turning up is stupid. We're playing Wigan, not Man Utd.

Nobody's saying that there's no point in turning up, practically or otherwise.

You're the one who said 'people, understandably, are acting as if the game is already over' which is practically the same thing. :lol:

wtf is going on :lol: How am I being 'OTT' at all? I don't think we stand a chance without Carroll. I'm hardly going "Oh no! He's going to be out forever! We're going down! and down again!"

You also said Nixon thought it was a good thing Carroll being out. He said nothing of the sort.

Apparently that's a good thing with Nixon. Because we've got a 'good away record' - forgetting the fact that of the three wins and one draw we've got this season, Carroll scored the winner twice and got us the point at Wolves.

I'm just trying to explain why people, understandably, are acting as if the game is already over. Because the only guy that seems to be scoring at the minute is not going to play - we don't score, we don't win.

That's exactly the point though, it isn't understandable. I can understand people being negative because of it but to practically say there's no point in turning up is stupid. We're playing Wigan, not Man Utd.

You're the one who said 'people, understandably, are acting as if the game is already over' which is practically the same thing. :lol:

No it isn't.

I, and a few others, don't think we stand any chance without Carroll (which is understandable - all you have to do is look at the stats to see how heavily we rely on him).

Of course we should still turn up, but we've taken better teams to Wigan, and got nowt. It's a bogey ground, we never produce there.

wtf is going on :lol: How am I being 'OTT' at all? I don't think we stand a chance without Carroll. I'm hardly going "Oh no! He's going to be out forever! We're going down! and down again!"

You also said Nixon thought it was a good thing Carroll being out. He said nothing of the sort.

And you said that I said we shouldn't bother turning up  :dontknow:

No it isn't.

I, and a few others, don't think we stand any chance without Carroll (which is understandable - all you have to do is look at the stats to see how heavily we rely on him).

Of course we should still turn up, but we've taken better teams to Wigan, and got nowt. It's a bogey ground, we never produce there.

So when you said people are acting if the game is already over, you didn't actually mean that? Make your mind up. :lol:

No it isn't.

So when you said people are acting if the game is already over, you didn't actually mean that? Make your mind up. :lol:

If I think we don't stand a chance, then yes the game is already over. But where in that does it say "We shouldn't turn up"?

As you said it, if 'the game is already over', what is the point in turning up?

Because I'd be stupid to say we're 100% definitely not going to win. I think the game is already over because we've lost the guy that could have won us it, but it doesn't mean that we shouldn't go and try.

We will be areet, we've got the Tyneside legend that is Shola Abamobi, he is mint.

Who? Any good like? Deserves a run out

Dont you remember the Kinnear interview, when he called Abamobi instead of Ameobi.

Was a few days after the old 'Insomnia' interview.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why are people putting Xisco in?? Bit too much Xmas sherry for some I think.

Does anybody really feel that good about Shola or Lovenkrands starting? My only reason for going with Xisco and Ranger is because I think as a team we might knock it about better with those two up front rather than Ameobi/Lovenkrands playing like strangers.

Because I'd be stupid to say we're 100% definitely not going to win. I think the game is already over because we've lost the guy that could have won us it, but it doesn't mean that we shouldn't go and try.

So by going and trying, we therefore have a chance? :thup:

0.1% more of a chance than not turning up.

:lol:

Well what a stupid question. Of course turning up and trying will give us more of a chance than not bothering. But we need quality to win us the match, not effort. And the quality will be sat in the stands.

Well what a stupid question. Of course turning up and trying will give us more of a chance than not bothering. But we need quality to win us the match, not effort. And the quality will be sat in the stands.

We beat Chelsea in the League Cup with virtually all of our quality in the stands. :dontknow:

FFS if we can't give Wigan a go we're as good as relegated imo with this attitude.

We all know the limitations of the squad and for a man who was supposdedly brought in to bleed through younger players i would presume he would be thinking about giving Ranger a chance who is our second best stiker and a player who we spunked 5 million on and who was on the bench against Spurs.

If Pardew plays a 4-5-1 Wigan i will be extremely worried about out chances of finishin 17th.

We beat Chelsea in the League Cup with virtually all of our quality in the stands. :dontknow:

And got comfortably beaten by West Brom with alot of our quality in the stands.

Barton and Nolan? They'll be playing on Sunday will they not?

Barton and Nolan? They'll be playing on Sunday will they not?

And who they going to play football with? Shola?