Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

Not sure if he has an ulterior motive or whether its just his constant "I'm deliberately not attending SJP in protest even though I wouldn't have been at the game because I don't have a season ticket and don't live anywhere near the city" line that is off-putting. I imagine that is why Greg and some of the others have reacted to him. I thought people were already sick of "cockneys" trying to ruin their match experience...

I think I'm right in saying he's attended a respectable number of games to be fair, especially given his circumstances - plenty of locals with less to their name. I didn't know he was a Southerner until you told us he was. It's not as though he supported Chelsea last week, Man Utd the week before and is just playing political games on here for a laugh, though.  Saying that, I suppose he's more mental than most Cockneys to be hanging round here getting belts given he hasn't got £200m at stake.

Not all Newcastle supporters are season ticket holders, in fact most aren't.

That's not the point, imagine someone without kids of their own telling you how you should be treating your own kids "for the better of society" - you'd be aggrieved that they had the barefaced cheek to do it.

:thup:

I'd say a better analogy would be your brother offering you advice on how to help your son who's getting bullied at school... Even if you disagreed, you'd hopefully know his heart was in the right place for his nephew.

Not sure if he has an ulterior motive or whether its just his constant "I'm deliberately not attending SJP in protest even though I wouldn't have been at the game because I don't have a season ticket and don't live anywhere near the city" line that is off-putting. I imagine that is why Greg and some of the others have reacted to him. I thought people were already sick of "cockneys" trying to ruin their match experience...

I think I'm right in saying he's attended a respectable number of games to be fair, especially given his circumstances - plenty of locals with less to their name. I didn't know he was a Southerner until you told us he was. It's not as though he supported Chelsea last week, Man Utd the week before and is just playing political games on here for a laugh, though.  Saying that, I suppose he's more mental than most Cockneys to be hanging round here getting belts given he hasn't got £200m at stake.

That's not the point, imagine someone without kids of their own telling you how you should be treating your own kids "for the better of society" - you'd be aggrieved that they had the barefaced cheek to do it.

Again, I challenge you to find somewhere where I have said that people should boycott home games. In fact, despite a number of people suggesting it - it's something that I or we have not endorsed.

Agreed, and good on you for that.  :thup: Though you have pushed for a boycott of Sports Direct, and more importantly, you've also said you would look at the possibility of boycotting all club merch and matchday sales, which, as I've said previously, does nothing but harm the club in my eyes.

Both Chris and I feel very strongly about the "sponsorship" of our club by Sports Direct. We will be discussing (and in Chris' words before I get cut to pieces) ...

• Fans believe the continuing and ever-increasing sponsorship packages which SportsDirect hold at St. James Park are degrading the stadium. 

• The Gallowgate roof

• The stadium name

• The logos now on the dug-out seats look awful.

• Can the club reveal how these transactions work?  Does the club actually benefit financially from money flowing from one of Mike Ashley’s holdings to another?

We do support a boycott of Sports Direct, however, in the least antagonistic way possible, on my part we have only proposed boycotts of merch, food, drink etc on here and have not made it public. We haven't encouraged it anywhere ...

Again, I challenge you to find somewhere where I have said that people should boycott home games. In fact, despite a number of people suggesting it - it's something that I or we have not endorsed.

Agreed, and good on you for that.  :thup: Though you have pushed for a boycott of Sports Direct, and more importantly, you've also said you would look at the possibility of boycotting all club merch and matchday sales, which, as I've said previously, does nothing but harm the club in my eyes.

Both Chris and I feel very strongly about the "sponsorship" of our club by Sports Direct. We will be discussing (and in Chris' words before I get cut to pieces) ...

• Fans believe the continuing and ever-increasing sponsorship packages which SportsDirect hold at St. James Park are degrading the stadium.  

• The Gallowgate roof

• The stadium name

• Can the club reveal how these transactions work?  Does the club actually benefit financially from money flowing from one of Mike Ashley’s holdings to another?

We do support a boycott of Sports Direct, however, in the least antagonistic way possible, on my part we have only proposed boycotts of merch, food, drink etc on here and have not made it public. We haven't encouraged it anywhere ...

Good, I just don't see how it helps anyone.

The quality of the Sports Direct logo aside though, I do agree that unless there is a new paying sponsor lined up, the question does need to be ask just how much the club are currently gaining from the current branding. :thup:

I think I'm right in saying he's attended a respectable number of games to be fair, especially given his circumstances - plenty of locals with less to their name. I didn't know he was a Southerner until you told us he was. It's not as though he supported Chelsea last week, Man Utd the week before and is just playing political games on here for a laugh, though.  Saying that, I suppose he's more mental than most Cockneys to be hanging round here getting belts given he hasn't got £200m at stake.

Agreed, and good on you for that.  :thup: Though you have pushed for a boycott of Sports Direct, and more importantly, you've also said you would look at the possibility of boycotting all club merch and matchday sales, which, as I've said previously, does nothing but harm the club in my eyes.

• The Gallowgate roof

• The stadium name

• Can the club reveal how these transactions work?  Does the club actually benefit financially from money flowing from one of Mike Ashley’s holdings to another?

What have Sodexo done to warrant a boycott?

Agreed, and good on you for that.  :thup: Though you have pushed for a boycott of Sports Direct, and more importantly, you've also said you would look at the possibility of boycotting all club merch and matchday sales, which, as I've said previously, does nothing but harm the club in my eyes.

• The Gallowgate roof

• The stadium name

• Can the club reveal how these transactions work?  Does the club actually benefit financially from money flowing from one of Mike Ashley’s holdings to another?

Fuck all. Which is why we aren't boycotting them.  O0

• The Gallowgate roof

• The stadium name

Good, I just don't see how it helps anyone.

The quality of the Sports Direct logo aside though, I do agree that unless there is a new paying sponsor lined up, the question does need to be ask just how much the club are currently gaining from the current branding. :thup:

Sorry, you don't see how what helps anyone?

I'm glad you agree with us that it is important they tell us about the money Sports Direct gives the club in exchange for being used as an advertisement board.

I think I'm right in saying he's attended a respectable number of games to be fair, especially given his circumstances - plenty of locals with less to their name. I didn't know he was a Southerner until you told us he was. It's not as though he supported Chelsea last week, Man Utd the week before and is just playing political games on here for a laugh, though.  Saying that, I suppose he's more mental than most Cockneys to be hanging round here getting belts given he hasn't got £200m at stake.

• The Gallowgate roof

• The stadium name

f*** all. Which is why we aren't boycotting them.  O0

You openly admit you have proposed a boycott of Sodexo.

• The Gallowgate roof

• The stadium name

Can the club reveal how these transactions work?  Does the club actually benefit financially from money flowing from one of Mike Ashley’s holdings to another?

As it's no longer a PLC, what gives you the impression that the club have any need to disclose this information? Whether it's to a fan or to a competitor, the club will simply tell you that it's "sensitive commercial information" and then smile politely (if that).

Fans believe the continuing and ever-increasing sponsorship packages which SportsDirect hold at St. James Park are degrading the stadium. 

The Gallowgate roof

The stadium name

The logos now on the dug-out seats look awful.

Can the club reveal how these transactions work?  Does the club actually benefit financially from money flowing from one of Mike Ashleys holdings to another?

Who gives a shit about Sports Direct Signs man, they're an irrelavence.

Guest SuperShola!

What'sall this shite about Level 7 being moved and that?

Also, all of my mates have had their letters asking them to renew, apart from me. Is it because i payed with cash or not?

Anyone want to give me £1350? Only a £5 or so rise for a 3 year ticket then ;D

Really wish i could afford that now :undecided:

Not sure what your credit rating is but if you get a barclaycard premiership credit card you get 0% on all season ticket purchases... That's what I did, pay upfront for the season ticket for 3 years on the credit card and set a monthly standing order up to the credit card...

http://www.barclaycardfootball.co.uk/

Can the club reveal how these transactions work?  Does the club actually benefit financially from money flowing from one of Mike Ashley’s holdings to another?

As it's no longer a PLC, what gives you the impression that the club have any need to disclose this information? Whether it's to a fan or to a competitor, the club will simply tell you that it's "sensitive commercial information" and then smile politely (if that).

They don't need to do that and it wouldn't be a great sign about their intentions, though...

Can the club reveal how these transactions work?  Does the club actually benefit financially from money flowing from one of Mike Ashley’s holdings to another?

They don't need to do that and it wouldn't be a great sign about their intentions, though...

???

I don't see how disclosing that sort of commercially sensitive information to a group of people voicing the opinion of some of our supporters is:

a) ever going to happen

b) in the best interests of the club

EDIT: The underlying is point is why do U4N keep coming out with unrealistic aims/requests of the club. 'Bigger' protest groups have already been and tried, it's not going to work with the current regime. Why not take heed and try and work with the club, over time, you might find some of your questions answered or at least get more out of the club than we're currently getting.

Guest Roger Kint

Not sure what your credit rating is but if you get a barclaycard premiership credit card you get 0% on all season ticket purchases... That's what I did, pay upfront for the season ticket for 3 years on the credit card and set a monthly standing order up to the credit card...

Interesting cheers, will have to get in touch with the mortgage people and find out the earliest time i can adjust it, hopefully it will be in time for that deal.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

[glow=red,2,300]We are currently no longer accepting applications for Barclaycard Football Credit Card[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]We are currently no longer accepting applications for Barclaycard Football Credit Card[/glow]

D'oh! sorry about that, I never actually clicked apply, cos like I say, I already have one..

Can the club reveal how these transactions work?  Does the club actually benefit financially from money flowing from one of Mike Ashley’s holdings to another?

???

I don't see how disclosing that sort of commercially sensitive information to a group of people voicing the opinion of some of our supporters is:

a) ever going to happen

EDIT: The underlying is point is why do U4N keep coming out with unrealistic aims/requests of the club. 'Bigger' protest groups have already been and tried, it's not going to work with the current regime. Why not take heed and try and work with the club, over time, you might find some of your questions answered or at least get more out of the club than we're currently getting.

They might see that revealing a good sponsorship fee has been negotiated with a separate company by a competent chairman (Llambias) will reassure supporters who suspect the club is being used to illegitimately subsidise the operations of Mike Ashley's unrelated business interests. Help unite the fans and all that, bring in some more season ticket money.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

D'oh! sorry about that, I never actually clicked apply, cos like I say, I already have one..

No worries, I remember seeing it when I went to apply last year for it too. Got my hopes up that they had re-opened the offer. Far too good.

???

a) ever going to happen

They might see that revealing a good sponsorship fee has been negotiated with a separate company by a competent chairman (Llambias) will reassure supporters who suspect the club is being used to illegitimately subsidise the operations of Mike Ashley's unrelated business interests. Help unite the fans and all that, bring in some more season ticket money.

:lol:

Aye, and David Cameron's Big Society is going to be a sure-fire winner because it makes sense on paper.

Can I have a pint of whatever you're having? I'm as optimistic a supporter as you'll find but I struggle to believe Llambias or Ashley give two hoots about whether or not you think he's taking advantage of the NUFC brand to advertise the Sports Direct brand. In fact, if you were to get the chance to say this face to face (and you hadn't already thumped him) he'd probably laugh at the irony of NUFC taking advantage of the Sports Direct business to fund the NUFC business :thup: :lol:

This is not supposed to be a justification for him to do what he wants with NUFC, but he's certainly not accountable to some cynical supporters who openly express their disdain for him.

???

a) ever going to happen

Aye, and David Cameron's Big Society is going to be a sure-fire winner because it makes sense on paper.

Can I have a pint of whatever you're having? I'm as optimistic a supporter as you'll find but I struggle to believe Llambias or Ashley give two hoots about whether or not you think he's taking advantage of the NUFC brand to advertise the Sports Direct brand. In fact, if you were to get the chance to say this face to face (and you hadn't already thumped him) he'd probably laugh at the irony of NUFC taking advantage of the Sports Direct business to fund the NUFC business :thup: :lol:

This is not supposed to be a justification for him to do what he wants with NUFC, but he's certainly not accountable to some cynical supporters who openly express their disdain for him.

I'm just saying there could be some business sense in opening up and appealing to hearts and minds, eh...

Guest SuperShola!

What'sall this s**** about Level 7 being moved and that?

Also, all of my mates have had their letters asking them to renew, apart from me. Is it because i payed with cash or not?

?