The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

I've only ever done internet betting, so I've no doubt this enquiry is going to sound stupid as fuck, but..

What is the general etiquette in betting shops? I feel like I was irritating the guy at the desk so much yesterday when asking the odds for a treble. Would you normally write down the bet yourself and just hand it over? 'Cause I don't want to go in and ask for a 6 fold team by team and for him to take ages again. :lol:

I much prefer the shop now like, I spend less, and I generally seem to win more often (that's probably co-incidence).

I wish sometimes I had the nads to ask the odds, when I stick £1 or 50p on 5 or 6 dead cert teams and get the slip back revealing a win of between £2-3 and I wish I'd never bothered, that's pretty annoying, and quite embarrassing going into the shop just to collect that fucking tiny sum of money. :lol:

I've only ever done internet betting, so I've no doubt this enquiry is going to sound stupid as fuck, but..

What is the general etiquette in betting shops? I feel like I was irritating the guy at the desk so much yesterday when asking the odds for a treble. Would you normally write down the bet yourself and just hand it over? 'Cause I don't want to go in and ask for a 6 fold team by team and for him to take ages again. :lol:

I much prefer the shop now like, I spend less, and I generally seem to win more often (that's probably co-incidence).

I wish sometimes I had the nads to ask the odds, when I stick £1 or 50p on 5 or 6 dead cert teams and get the slip back revealing a win of between £2-3 and I wish I'd never bothered, that's pretty annoying, and quite embarrassing going into the shop just to collect that fucking tiny sum of money. :lol:

:lol: Aye that's what worries me, I want to know the odds before I decide to place. But I don't want them to get pissed off me with making them take so much time to find out for me. I'd feel so guilty I couldn't say 'nah don't worry I'll leave it' after either!

But then I've done a 6 fold on all the British teams (other than Hearts ofc) in the Europa League tonight on WillHill and it says it's 53.something, so it'd be worth it I guess.

Aye, I often check them online before I head to the shop so I have a rough idea.

I told the lass I was quite embarrassed claiming £1.28 or something a few months ago and she said "oh that's nothing, a bloke was in this morning getting 25p back" :lol:

:lol: I'd want to get it back, imagine all those small winnings that build up in the shops' pockets. But it's just so pathetic. Even worse? I put £5 into a Blackjack machine when I had £1 winnings. Just to make it look more worth it when I printed the reciept. :blush:

I mean, on my way down past the shop tonight, I'll be claiming £4 and probably placing a 50p/£1 bet on the Toon game tonight. I think that's about an acceptable level of claim/spend to not feel awkward about it.

Won't wait for the line-up as the odds are decreasing already.

100 € on us (-1) for tonight.

50 € on win.

Come on, David! I've got £30 winnings coming my way if they pull -1 out of the bag. :fwap:

50 € on win.

Come on, David! I've got £30 winnings coming my way if they pull -1 out of the bag. :fwap:

Almost as much as me. :lol:

( Losing tonight anyway, though )

50 € on halftime/fulltime both us.

This is awful. Knew I shouldn't have done it. Felt wrong and it will be wrong.