The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

You loved my work? :lol: Get out man... I lost a grand over the past few months! :lol:

Anyway, if it is dead heat, then your bet's worth is usually divided by the number of joint topscorers for that country.

Yeah but it was fun crazy reading your posts. Glad you managed to see sense in the end and stop chasing. Unfortunately it seems sometimes the only way you learn is by teaching yourself. Would you agree it's made you a better "gambler"?  It certainly did me.  O0

Yeah, I'm much more conservative and patient now.

I'm not sure why, considering they've cost be quite a bit of money already, but I fancy the French to be the shock of the round. Spain looked laboured against both Italy and Croatia, they even made hard work of the Irish game at times. I just can't see them going all the way this time round. Obviously France have hardly impressed themselve, but they were in good form going into the tournament and the Swedish result could be a blessing in disguise, giving them a much need kick up the arse. And if that wasn't a blessing in disguise, losing Mexes to suspension definitely is. I definitely won't be backing Spain and I may have a small flutter on the French.

I'd fancy Greece against any side of the tournament tbh but, Germany will be well too well prepared for it. Added to that, captain Karagounis is out, which should be a massive bonus for the Germans.

Think it'll be closer than the arrogant media stations here expect it to be but, they'll make it in 90 mins eventually.

I see Portugal being the surprise team to be knocked out this round

All of the failing Eurozone countries to go out in 1/4 finals? Worth a fiver.

Step up; Greece, Italy, Spain & Portugal.

I see Portugal being the surprise team to be knocked out this round

Not after Ronny is back, no.

Well you see thats why it would be a surprise , i have no reasoning behind my choice, just these things sort of happen from time to time.

I'm currently staying away from the rest of the euro's unless some irresistible odd's appear, I'm happy to bow out on £250 +

Profit of £250 is certainly a reason to stay away mate. Well done. Would be happy if I was that much in the red... :lol:

Surely your not too much in the red , i thought you clawed quite a bit back, France fucked me out of winning 200 last night from a 6 team accumulator ... possibly the same one that you had on yourself

Profit of £250 is certainly a reason to stay away mate. Well done. Would be happy if I was that much in the red... :lol:

Surely your not too much in the red , i thought you clawed quite a bit back, France fucked me out of winning 200 last night from a 6 team accumulator ... possibly the same one that you had on yourself

Sadly, you know nothing then.... It hasn't changes since I've last time openly said how much it was.

Euro 2012 - Quarter Final Specials

Total Hot Shot Goals - Outright

None

19/5

Exactly 1

19/10

Over 1

5/6

Hot shot players are - Wayne Rooney - Mario Gomez - Cristiano Ronaldo - Karim Benzema.How many goals will these players score? All players must play some part during game otherwise bet void.

Worth it?

Really nothing in this round that interests me much. Like I've said I may have a small bet on France and I'll possibly stick something on England to qualify, but I'm not confident enough to part with too much. I don't really see much value in the first two games. Germany's price is too low to make it worthwhile. Portugal should go through, but 1.8 isn't tempting enough as I could easily see it going beyond 90 minutes so I'd only be interested in backing them to qualify and once again the price is too low.