The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

Anyone have any reason to take Fame and Glory on? I'm thinking of backing one of the Godolphin horses just for value. Doesn't look like a massive betting race to me that one, more of a one to watch.

I don't think you can back fame and glory singley at that price.

I'm at work so not sure on the weather conditions down at Ascot but imagine if it's raining and ground is looking softer Opinion Poll is the horse to slide with, loves the softer ground. Obviously Frankie has jumped on to Colour Vision which gives it more of an appeal. I think it could turn out the same as last year though with opinion poll and fame and glory.

I don't know much about saddlers rock to comment. I know there wasn't too much on the form with fame and glory judging on it's last run against unaccompanied but that's it.

Lucky 15 :

Ahern - 2.30

The Fugue - 3.05

Bronze Angel - 4.25

Rewarded - 5.00

There's 4 more horses for you all to avoid today. Couple of quid on Colour Vision aswell, just for some interest in the Gold Cup.

Aswell as the winner, Ahern is the one to take out of that race for me. Missed the start and was absolutely flying at the line.

That's two in my notebook for future races from this week. Farhh and Ahern will both be getting backed heavily next time out.

Aswell as the winner, Ahern is the one to take out of that race for me. Missed the start and was absolutely flying at the line.

That's two in my notebook for future races from this week. Farhh and Ahern will both be getting backed heavily next time out.

Ahern did that in it's first race but because the standard wasn't as good, powered home fairly cosily but against top horses can't really afford to be making those mistakes, but only second start and agree one to note.

66/1 shot romps home. :yao:

???

If it wasn't for that Jockey on ATR this morning I might have had a little bit on that Princess Highway. Didn't fill me with any confidence this morning when he was saying the rain was no good for it.

Princess Highway £10 e/w to get me my free bet for tomorrow.

Who's running this offer? I got a similar thing from SportingBet on the first day, but they seem to have stopped that it now.

Aye it was SportingBEt.  HAd to blag them to even get my bet for today, as the offer apparently stopped at 12pm yesterday.  Whinged once to an operator and they just give me the 20 quid :lol: